Miralem Pjanić (132 Viewers)

OP
zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #6,585
    Saw Brozovic's goal and Eriksen screamer last night and made me wonder. When last time our players scored a goal from outside the box.

It's very rare this season we have a very threatening and good long range shots from our MF. Before Pjanic, Berna could do it.
    just this season man

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    Yes his best was in a midfield two next to Khedira.
    Was khedira’s best too, perhaps not so coincedentally.
    that team had mandzukic and/or cuadrado to help the midfielders in defensive phases.

just on a sidenote, i do miss mandzukic. we're not playing fancy sarriball anyway, and our defense is in pieces, so he could help a lot. he also had a pretty good partnership with cr (he assisted cr 4 times last season, and ronaldo assisted mandzu 3 times). but that ship has sailed already. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    that team had mandzukic and/or cuadrado to help the midfielders in defensive phases.

just on a sidenote, i do miss mandzukic. we're not playing fancy sarriball anyway, and our defense is in pieces, so he could help a lot. he also had a pretty good partnership with cr (he assisted cr 4 times last season, and ronaldo assisted mandzu 3 times). but that ship has sailed already. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    You'd have to be blind not to miss Mandzukic in this current team.

Tolath

Jun 3, 2018
    marchisio retired for a reason. his body gave up as a consequence of all those injuries, and the club was fully aware of it. fans weren't.
    I know the problem Marchisio had with his latest injuries but i believe he could even know play as regista for 30 mins and create something out of nothing.
    Also i found it very bad that he didn't got the good bye he deserved!

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #6,599
    People (afghan, who else) putting Marchisio and Pirlo in the same sentence when talking about registas, like theyre the same tier lol. Where are the world class matches from regista Marchisio in the CL knockouts? I can think of one, Dortmund in 2015. Against Bayern, we looked clueless with him and like a different team when Nanes replaced him. Pjanic had 2 campaigns playing as a regista in a 3 man mid for us, and both seasons he was integral, 1st against Real then against Atletico. I love Claudio, but this myth about him being a GOAT tier regista, and Pjanic being nowhere near his level is dumb. No wonder though, since its afghan whos constantly bringing it up

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    People (afghan, who else) putting Marchisio and Pirlo in the same sentence when talking about registas, like theyre the same tier lol. Where are the world class matches from regista Marchisio in the CL knockouts? I can think of one, Dortmund in 2015. Against Bayern, we looked clueless with him and like a different team when Nanes replaced him. Pjanic had 2 campaigns playing as a regista in a 3 man mid for us, and both seasons he was integral, 1st against Real then against Atletico. I love Claudio, but this myth about him being a GOAT tier regista, and Pjanic being nowhere near his level is dumb. No wonder though, since its afghan whos constantly bringing it up
    He didn't get to play as a regista for very long, but when he did he was great - to the point that Pirlo was barely missed. Of course, that was a Pirlo nearing the end of his career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 131)