Miralem Pjanić (35 Viewers)

May 23, 2013
As a regista in 2013-2014 and 2014-2015, when he played there, he was world class. Folks need to rewatch some game. Besides these years he was dependable but not great.
^Smart man, though i'd say 2015-16 he was world class as well.

The rest of the idiots on this thread have the memory of a down syndrome rabbit, no need to address them.

- - - Updated - - -

@Clamarc Respect to you, I was going to respond to these Pjanic nut hangers but it seems you finished them all already.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I loved him as mezzala in Conte's first year
:agree:

He was brilliant in 14-15 and again in 15-16, but 2011-12 was my favourite year of his by far. People forget how damn good he was as a mezzala under Conte because Pogba took his spot after his injury in the 12-13 season.

He had 10 goals-4 assists, and averaged 4 long ball passes, 1.5 key passes, 2.3 tackles- 2 interceptions - 1 clearance, etc. He scored some clutch goals in big games. Scored both goals in our 2-0 over AC Milan, scored the winner in our 2-1 win away at Inter. Assisted the winner in our 2-1 win over Udinese.

Pirlo was magnificent that year and had we also played in CL would have been in with a strong shout for ballon d’or, but Marchisio was equal to Vidal, Chiellini, Barzagli that undefeated season in terms of how good he was and importance to the team.

Damn, thinking about it makes me miss this guy like crazy. Not attached to a single one of our CMs anymore.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
As a regista in 2013-2014 and 2014-2015, when he played there, he was world class. Folks need to rewatch some game. Besides these years he was dependable but not great.
Dependable :lol: ....it seems you don't know how to asses a midfielder ..

I didn't want to reply but this excited me ....

just answers these .... Does Pjanic have the ability to

- Shooting from distance .... NO
- Long passes ......NO
- Short Passes .... (that will create an opportunity ) ....NO
- Counterattack key passes .....NO
- dictate the play ....NO
- Power .................NO

and this for the last 3 years ...including the current one .... and he is 30 for an average mid like him which is a disaster ...

all that he does is getting rid of the ball or back passing ....

Cobli Gigly was right ...he is not only soft but impotent ...

Marchisio >>>>> Pjanic

OP
zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #6,646
    Not 13-14 imo, but 14-15 was his best season, but there he played mostly as a RCM with some games at regista in Pirlos absence. 11-12 when he was a LCM iirc and 15-16 were also great years from him. Only then I'd rank his 13-14 season

- - - Updated - - -

- Long passes ......NO

and this for the last 3 years ...including the current one .... and he is 30 for an average mid like him which is a disaster ...

Marchisio >>>>> Pjanic
    I love how you answered all with NO when it's actually a YES lol. Except for power maybe, I'll give you that

Jun 6, 2015
    Pjanic is probably going through the worst form of his Juve career. I know some didn't appreciate his style of play previously either and that's fine, you're free to like players with different characteristics. However I don't see what's the point of rating a player based on the worst form of his career. Many gave Dybala a pass last year for example and actually blamed the coach for his form.

At the start of the season we became even more reliant on Pjanic as Sarri himself said he wanted Pjanic to have 150 touches a game. Unsurprisingly after a promising start with Pjanic completely dominating games teams have adapted and started to tightly man mark Pjanic. The same thing happened at Chelsea with Jorginho by the way. Chelsea was largely neutralized in some games when the opposition tightly man marked Jorginho. Sarri and the team have tried to adapt by pushing Pjanic further up during build-up while Bentancur or Rabiot drops deeper to fill the void.

Some interesting articles on this:
    https://www.football-italia.net/133784/brits-just-dont-get-jorginho
    https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation...man-marking-forced-him-into-a-lot-of-mistakes

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

- Long passes ......NO

Marchisio >>>>> Pjanic
    I was talking about Marchisio

Jun 7, 2003
    Pjanic is super, i understand the critics but to say he is our worst player and needs to be sold is very ungrateful. He is by far our best midfielder, just in a form crises because he doesn't have a worker around him like Khedira. Matuidi didn't play against Verona, but we need him also alongside Pjanic.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    Ugh fanboys, this shit is plaguing the forum. Its like you cant be objective about player because you get a hard on seeing him prancing around. Im no fan of Pjanic but talent wise he is few levels above Claudio. Both are/were inconsistent throughout most of their careers though. Im more of a Pogba, Vidal type of follower, players that are genuinely world class, not just for their ardent supporters. :p

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
    Ugh fanboys, this shit is plaguing the forum. Its like you cant be objective about player because you get a hard on seeing him prancing around. Im no fan of Pjanic but talent wise he is few levels above Claudio. Both are/were inconsistent throughout most of their careers though. Im more of a Pogba, Vidal type of follower, players that are genuinely world class, not just for their ardent supporters. :p
    I'm no Marchisio fanboy. I preferred all the other three of MVPP to him. But it looks to me that you hold a grudge against him and can't value him properly

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    I'm no Marchisio fanboy. I preferred all the other three of MVPP to him. But it looks to me that you hold a grudge against him and can't value him properly
    Marchisio was under par when he was deployed in a position not necessarily suited to his strengths. The couple of seasons he did get to play as a vice-Pirlo were his best seasons. There is something we still miss from him, even when playing the second fiddle in midfield. His ability to retain possession, allowing us to control the tempo by making quick passes. Even when most of the passes were sideways, we maintained a sense of calm in midfield we haven't had since. Too bad his career was cut short by injuries, because we could certainly use a smart midfielder in this clusterfuck of a midfield we have right now. (Also, his passing range is under appreciated here).

Jun 7, 2003
    Sarri today about Pjanic:

“Miralem Pjanic had a great start to the season, and I am convinced that he will return to being decisive again."

The Coach knows that Pjanic isn't playing his best right now. Let's hope that somehow Miralem becomes decisive and great like in the beginning.
    He needs maybe competition, right now nobody is even half good enough to seriously endanger his starter role.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)