Miloš Krasić - AM R - CSKA Moscow (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I think that Del Neri (maybe Marotta too) said many times which are the positions we must strengthen and that's what I'm going by.
It's not just me who says what we need to buy. The coach said it too.
I hear you buddy, and I've seen several somewhat undefined/vague quotes here and there... but until this Dzeko situation has some closure, I'm just not confident...

Can't see how we could sign him, and still meet our other needs. Anyway, time will tell.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I've been thinking the same thing. There isn't enough time left to sign all the players we should be getting after the board spent so much time chasing Dzeko.

We should be prepared to still see players such as DC, Grosso, Grygera and maybe even Tiago thanks to an amateurishly executed transfer campaign.[/QUOTE]

Whilst I am hugely against the sale of Diego as part of the pursuit of Dzeko, that remains for now less likely, than that of Krasic coming and therefore Diego staying (one non-eu rule), as surely there is zero chance we would sell Diego to Wolfsburg when they wont sell us one of their players who wants to join us...As for selling Diego to another club, it would be nonsense. Take away our major creative spark for near to 10m less than we purchased him for a year ago, all this after our worst season for 400 years, when the whole squad bar buffon and giorgio were shocking...fuck it, if that is the story, lets sell all of them. But no, I doubt this is the case. I would laugh if Marotta is just fucking with wolfsburg, as they have fucked with us.

But as for the work done so far...Bonucci is a wicked signing, Motta is useful, Martinez and Lanzafame a little unknown in terms of what they are capable of giving as part of a decent team, Pepe...well...he is hard working and yes, I think, adds strength. Storari was needed. So all of these transfers, in my mind, have improved our squad. Making our transfer campaign so far, competently executed, if the aim is to improve the average quality of our squad.

How can Marotta be blamed for our players refusing to go to other clubs???? What do you expect him to do? hold a gun to Tiago's children??? Rape Zebina's boyfriend???? Cut off Camo's nose???? They simply can't be forced to go, and Marotta is not the man to be blamed for the contracts that his predeccesors arranged.

I am sure that Del Neri and Marotta know we desperately need a left back. As its by far the weakest link in our defence, and has been...for a very long time now. Right back has been improved with Motta, Centreback improved with Bonnucci. By all means, fine, keep De Ceglie, but as an apprentice to a left back of quality.

If all of us can see that our problems are Left Back and creativity on the flanks, i am sure that Del Neri and marotta see this to. Since they are experienced professionals.

There remains a fortnight. That is long enough to sign Krasic and a left back. Anything on top of that which improves our squad, I will be overjoyed...

but so far, Marotta has been fine for me. Doing a good job.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I pretty sure if Grosso not leave then new LB won't come, if Camo not leave, Krasic won't come, if Tiago not leave, CM won't come, and if Zebina not leave, backup CB won't come.. They might think to use Zebina or Grygera as 4th CB while playing Ferrero as 4th CB temporarily..

I think Marotta just thinking about balancing the budget and financial conditions of our clubs.. We don't have luxury to do what Man City do when buying players than like right now have overload players in their squad..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)