Milan-Juventus (5 Viewers)

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #241
    I definitely agree that Capello is the better coach and that Ancelotti is lucky to have such a squad. Nonetheless I do believe Ancelotti's a good coach. But looking at their statistics and the quality of the teams they both coached, I think Capello comes out the better coach.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
    About the coach thing. Well Capello has much more experience than Carlo.
    I am sure that if Capello had the squad that Milan has he would have even done better than Carlo. The difference between Milan and Juve is simple, not that Capello doesn't know how to coach or chose players, Milan can afford to pay 165+ Million Euro for salaries where Juve are trying to cut down their 115 million.
    The only thing I don't like about Capello's days is that I don't feel that he managed to work well and extract the best out of our players (not all of them ofcourse). Maybe its just coincidence but I feel that Nedved, Del Piero, Zambrotta and Tacchinardi were performing much better during hte Lippi days. E.g. Del Piero was more determined during under Sir Lippi.
    Even more, if feel he didn't beleive in Tacchinardi that much by bringing two DM and benching Alessio from the first day. In my opinion that was stupid I would have liked to get only one DM and keep Maresca OR bring both DMs, sell Appiah and keep Maresca. Maresca is a true talent that was wasted on the Fiorentina loan. We let go on both Divaio and Miccoli two forwards who are known to be fast. In return we got Zlatan and Zalayata two forwards which slowed down even more our attacking machine. but hey I am not bothered about the forwards at all Zlatan and Zalayata are both great.
    These all things put together let our team become dependant on:
    Cannavaro, Emerson, Nedved and Ibrahimovic. If one of them doesn't play the team is deffected.
    Birindelli, Pessotto, Tacchinardi, Del Piero, Zambrotta all played well with Lippi and all deserved a better chance with Capello.
    Still I think that Capello is better than Carlo, because if Carlo was handed our squad with our current financial state he would have done much worse.
    Capello should have only considered getting one DM to replace Conte's retirement or 2 DM and sell Appiah. PLUS he should have concetrated more on CB.
    Guys what do you think of this squad:
    Buffon, Chementi, Cannavaro, Thuram, Ferrara, Montero + another good CB, Zambrotta, Oddo, Pessotto, Birindelli, Blasi, Emerson, Tacchinardi, Maresca, Nedved, Camoranesi, Kapo, Olivera (can go on a loan), Miccoli, Del Piero, Trezeguet and Divaio (or let go on Miccoli in favour of Zlatan).

No major changes but rather a well spread of money. Just my two cents.

To me: Sir Lippi is > (Capello + Carlo)
    I miss him :(

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    I definitely agree that Capello is the better coach and that Ancelotti is lucky to have such a squad. Nonetheless I do believe Ancelotti's a good coach. But looking at their statistics and the quality of the teams they both coached, I think Capello comes out the better coach.
    Thank you, and no one denied Ancelotti being bad, he is a great coach but Capello is just better.

I'm off now, see you later

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    I think every coach has his own ideas and preferred system. Some coaches adapt to teams better than others. Capello has seemingly adapted to the style of most teams hes ever coached. While Ancelotti at this stage, doesnt really need to do much with the squad at his disposal. He failed at Juve, but he's succeded with Milan, and their game imo, is better suited to the CL than it is to the scudetto. Juve's game on the other hand adapts better to the scudetto format. However, Lippi, as a coach managed to add that extra dimension to Juve's game to get them to perform in the CL. Capello imo, still has some work to do to get to the level Lippi achieved at Juve. And i personally dont think 3 years is enough to achieve the kind of foundation we'd like to have.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    Milan - Juventus

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan and Juventus meet at the San Siro in a Scudetto showdown. Both sides have been level on points, give or take the occasional week, for around two months now and there is finally a chance for one club to break away. But if the Stadio Delle Alpi meeting from December is anything to go by – a drab 0-0 draw – then a spareggio may be on the cards at the end of the campaign.

Coming up against his former club, Milan Coach Carlo Ancelotti has some tough choices to make. While Pippo Inzaghi is likely to only make the bench against his old friends, Paolo Maldini’s return from suspension means that Alessandro Costacurta drops to the bench. Andrea Pirlo is back to full fitness so he is a likely starter, as are Clarence Seedorf and Hernan Crespo.

Fabio Capello’s team selection is likely to be more straightforward as injury and suspension leave him with few options. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is still serving a suspension following an incident with Inter’s Ivan Cordoba last month, but David Trezeguet’s 20 minute cameo against Bologna means that he is likely to start in place of Marcelo Zalayeta. The only other expected change is Emerson returning in place of Manuele Blasi. Even if the latter could still start ahead of Stephen Appiah.

Last season’s championship race was settled when Ancelotti’s side beat a Capello Coached Roma at the Giuseppe Meazza– can he repeat the trick?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan: Dida; Cafu, Nesta, Stam, Maldini; Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kakà; Shevchenko, Crespo

Juventus: Buffon; Pessotto, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Appiah, Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    Lets win and get revenge for PSV...I'm extremely confident that we'll get something out of this match.....;)

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Good thing Andy and other answered as I am known to be outclassed by Se7en :yuck: when it comes to a debate, so I'd rather not continue with you.

And concerning your statistics theory, why do you rely on it when it comes to a DP issue then Mr. Hypocrite?
    Jeeks and Azzuri7, you guys should make Musalaha wataniye :D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Oh really? What about Cassano, Mancini and other players Capello helped? Pirlo was already a great player for Brescia playing behind Baggio. Gattuso has always been a good player and plays well with a world class squad around him.

And if you've forgotten Capello won the CL with Milan in 1994 and should have won in 1993 and 1995. Learn up on your history Rab.
    I know my history Andrew, I know Capello won the CL with Milan, but I was talking about nowadays, Football changed, Capello is no-where near Ancelotti....

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Huzi ] ++
    Ancelotti better then Capello , what's this bullshit . Don Fabio is a world class manager much much better then Ancelotti cause Capello won many trophies with many clubs ( Roma , Madrid , Milan ) while Carlo's C.V. only contains one scudetto and one champions league and with one club only !! be fair please
    Lippi won alot of trophy's with Juventus no other team, does this makes Don Fabio better than Lippi???

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Good thing Andy and other answered as I am known to be outclassed by Se7en :yuck: when it comes to a debate, so I'd rather not continue with you.
    Or is it because you don't know how to Answer?

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

Or is it because you don't know how to Answer?
    As I said, Seven can beat me in any debate, so if you say that I don't know how to answer, then it is. You know better informed one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)