Mike Brown/Ferguson riots (8 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Nelly vs Chingy was a hot hip-hop beef that to me went unresolved
wish it goes down like this

- - - Updated - - -

Let me show some racist facts, wich still are facts

The majority of crimes is commited by coloured americans. Therefore they are a more likely target for police officers.

As long as the crime goes like that, police will pay extra attention, and grow distrust for blacks.

Should blacks be mad at police ? No, they should be mad at the goverment wich isnt providing them enough chances to get our of criminality.

if some dude can climb a fence with no money in his pocket or ID and make a good living you really have no excuse.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Juventino[RUS];4666884 said:
http://time.com/3132635/ferguson-coming-race-war-class-warfare/
One way to keep these 50 million fractured is through disinformation. PunditFact’s recent scorecard on network news concluded that at Fox and Fox News Channel, 60 percent of claims are false.

In Russia, 95% of the news on the federal chanells are F A L S E because all the channels are under control of Putin's friend Kovalchuk :sergio: Putin is good, Putin made right decision, Putin is doing everything right, All hates us, americans are stupid, europeans are dying because of gays marriages, only putin is our lord and saviour, new ukraine's government are nazis :sergio:
"95%" stop pulling shit out of your ass.

Obama as a president is a fucking puppet. His decisions come from the lobby groups that fund his campaign. Only a very rich or influental person can run for president in america, and the rest are shut up. Competent or not.

Russia has putin who is in charge, simply cause he also was the most influental in his party. Putin has friends at major companies in russia and acts in their favors, but has far, far more power and decisionfreedom then obama actually has.

And the new ukraine goverment, is made by people who come from a fascist party. that isnt russian news, that it worldwide news. But the west has a new way of propaganda : bombard people with the news you want them to hear, and dont tell a word about everything else. Its very effective.

Look up svoboda, what they stood for, and what their prime members have said in the past. Its a bloody shame such people are allowed to run a nation.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
To a degree, probably. And I've been registered as an independent for eons.

But if I can't have a serious conversation about why the police should be entitled to the same weaponry legalized for the lay public without it becoming Andy's 9/11 Sermon of the day, then there really isn't much point of going any further.
The police are supposed to be peace officers. You don't see regular citizens rolling around in L-Rads or APC's, nor do you see gun owners abusing their rights as the police do. That's the difference.

I was relating how the police problem we face is a direct consequence of the larger governmental issue we face with abuse of powers and Unconstitutional legislation.

Dude, I rarely saw people open carry in Jefferson and Berkeley counties.
I'm seeing more and more folks carry openly, especially over the past year and in Jefferson county.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
wish it goes down like this

- - - Updated - - -

if some dude can climb a fence with no money in his pocket or ID and make a good living you really have no excuse.
What i'm saying is that america fails in giving equal chance and opporunity and cant care less about integration. And that is the base of the issue.

Police officers focussing the color that has by far the highest crimerate, is called good profiling.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
boohoo what about mexicans? gays? arabs? fat people? so unless you are a young rich fit white male you wont be completely accepted in society? Maybe blacks should look into who are the role models in their communities or what kind of parenting job they do with their kids?
Everyone is discriminated against but other races/religions/nationalities. If I walk through Coney Island at night you can be damn sure that I'll be targeted because I'm white.

- - - Updated - - -

The majority of crimes is commited by coloured americans. Therefore they are a more likely target for police officers.

As long as the crime goes like that, police will pay extra attention, and grow distrust for blacks.

Should blacks be mad at police ? No, they should be mad at the goverment wich isnt providing them enough chances to get our of criminality.
See my post.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
boohoo what about mexicans? gays? arabs? fat people? so unless you are a young rich fit white male you wont be completely accepted in society? Maybe blacks should look into who are the role models in their communities or what kind of parenting job they do with their kids?
It's more about being poor than race. But to be perfectly honest there is a lot of resentment from the white lower middle class toward blacks. Growing up in WV this is something I experienced on a regular basis basically until I moved to Mexico. You'd hang out with what seemed like good dudes, then you go to a bar and they see a black guy and looked out here comes the mumbled n-words and coon usage. Those guys also have the same resentment towards PRs, wetbacks, and even gooks to some extent. But really it's more about resentment because they're a step above being at the same level as the other minorities.

It's really no different from the way minorities are treated in any country.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
What i'm saying is that america fails in giving equal chance and opporunity and cant care less about integration. And that is the base of the issue.

Police officers focussing the color that has by far the highest crimerate, is called good profiling.
thats not just wrong it's the exact opposite, blacks are given more opportunities through affirmative action

Everyone is discriminated against but other races/religions/nationalities. If I walk through Coney Island at night you can be damn sure that I'll be targeted because I'm white.

- - - Updated - - -

See my post.

theres a difference between prejudice(which everybody engages in) and racism, i personally dont see racism in the US. If you are dressed like a no good punk you will get harassed regrdless of skin color and that has nothing to do with fairness, stereotyping is an everyday mechanism.

forget the whole color thing see it in these terms:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It's more about being poor than race. But to be perfectly honest there is a lot of resentment from the white lower middle class toward blacks. Growing up in WV this is something I experienced on a regular basis basically until I moved to Mexico. You'd hang out with what seemed like good dudes, then you go to a bar and they see a black guy and looked out here comes the mumbled n-words and coon usage. Those guys also have the same resentment towards PRs, wetbacks, and even gooks to some extent. But really it's more about resentment because they're a step above being at the same level as the other minorities.

thats my point and imo it's normal depending on the education level. But institutionalized racism or even tolerated racism are not existent(discounting the odd exceptions) imo

- - - Updated - - -

the best one was slowbucks :lol:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Indeed, the issue is the willingness to see themselves as victims all the time and the propensity to abuse the system. The amount of abuse in the FSA system alone is simply stunning.

That's complete BS. The Federal Student Aid system alone gives practically anyone who can spell their name and fill out a FAFSA plenty of funding to obtain a college degree and have extra leftover for living expenses, approximately 40% of which is grant funding. And that's just one federal program. What else do you want the government to do for them?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
thats my point and imo it's normal depending on the education level. But institutionalized racism or even tolerated racism are not existent(discounting the odd exceptions) imo
Both are existent. Just because it's based on education level and poverty doesn't make it non-existent. People talk about political race baiting and political dog whistles. The truth is neither would be effective if there wasn't a problem.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
thats not just wrong it's the exact opposite, blacks are given more opportunities through affirmative action

theres a difference between prejudice(which everybody engages in) and racism, i personally dont see racism in the US. If you are dressed like a no good punk you will get harassed regrdless of skin color and that has nothing to do with fairness, stereotyping is an everyday mechanism.

forget the whole color thing see it in these terms:

You keep talking as though I disagree with you :p

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
You keep talking as though I disagree with you :p
oops sorry :p

- - - Updated - - -

Both are existent. Just because it's based on education level and poverty doesn't make it non-existent. People talk about political race baiting and political dog whistles. The truth is neither would be effective if there wasn't a problem.
i dont see that as racism tbh

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It might exist in some locations, but it certainly isn't as big of problem nowadays as it was 10, 20 years ago. The problem now is that the race baiting is on the rise, blowing the problem out of realistic proportions, which is obviously to the benefit of the Democratic party.

The question becomes this: how far can you take affirmative action until it undermines the group it's supposed to help? This is a law of diminishing marginal utility discussion. Obviously we can throw out impacts to outlier groups because nobody cares about them.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Meanwhile, in Darlinghurst (Sydney) Australia...
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fo...r-work-ombudsman/story-fn93ypt9-1227029458888

One of the problems with Ferguson sounds like the neighborhood demographics rapidly changed due to white flight (another parallel with Detroit), but the police force and other institutions still reflected the old guard.

The police are supposed to be peace officers. You don't see regular citizens rolling around in L-Rads or APC's, nor do you see gun owners abusing their rights as the police do. That's the difference.
Other than gas prices that killed off America's love affair with Hummers briefly, you have to admit there's a lot of citizens who want to roll around in L-Rads or APC's.

As for gun owners abusing their rights relative to the police, I'm not convinced. Stand Your Ground laws have essentially created the same climate among non-police.

What most people in the U.S. who have never been to Mexico don't realize is that there's a whole middle class in Mexico that never felt the need to cross borders and whatnot. They have decent jobs, they go out to restaurants, they're scared shitless about neighborhood thugs and criminals. They have a lot in common with middle class Americans... save for maybe the skin color.

I've seen whitebread middle Americans dropped in the middle of a Mexico City restaurant and freaking out that all these "wetbacks are drinking wine and wearing nice clothes and shit". :shifty:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Yea...I'm gonna have to disagree with that completely.

Racism is institutionalized in the whole goddam world, and more so in the West (Europe/Americas). The education system itself pushes it forward in such ways. For fuck sakes, according to the books you see in today's school's slavery got abolished by the white man, and the black man quietly sat down and got up and got freed when the greater society deemed it immoral :howler:

The history of the negres marons or the maroons like they say in english, the rebellions throughout the carribeans and south america, none of that has been spoken of. Ancient African kindgoms aren't even aknowledged in the most part, African history starts with wilderness,followed by the guidance of slaverey and ends with poverty and stupidity. It's what's thought in schools, the good ones are the ones that conform, the Garvey's of the world are never mentioned.

However I am with you 120% with the whole self-victimization thing, African Americans should have learnt from their past and continued Garvey's project, that's my personal opinion.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That's complete BS. The Federal Student Aid system alone gives practically anyone who can spell their name and fill out a FAFSA plenty of funding to obtain a college degree and have extra leftover for living expenses, approximately 40% of which is grant funding. And that's just one federal program. What else do you want the government to do for them?
Are we talking about blacks or poor people in general? There's a lot the government could have done. They could have kept the high paying skilled labor jobs that fueled the middle class from the 1940s to the 1980s instead of shipping them to Mexico and China, they could have raised the minimum wage as the GDP and productivity grew so that it would reflect the cost of living, they could invest in education and infrastructure rather than the military industrial complex, they could stop campaigning on fear and hate forcing the different American demographics to view each other with resentment. So yeah, there's are a few more things the government could do, not only for the poor but for the rest of the country as well.

- - - Updated - - -

i dont see that as racism tbh
It is.

- - - Updated - - -

It might exist in some locations, but it certainly isn't as big of problem nowadays as it was 10, 20 years ago. The problem now is that the race baiting is on the rise, blowing the problem out of realistic proportions, which is obviously to the benefit of the Democratic party.

The question becomes this: how far can you take affirmative action until it undermines the group it's supposed to help? This is a law of diminishing marginal utility discussion. Obviously we can throw out impacts to outlier groups because nobody cares about them.
If you think about it, we've only really had "equal rights for all" for about 50 years. The last state to ratify the Emancipation Proclamation was Missouri in like 1995. So obviously we still have race issues and will continue to have them even though they will diminish over time.

Race baiting wouldn't be an issue if people didn't have problems with race. The Republican party's so-called war against the white man is pretty ridiculous too. In fact both parties uses race as a political strategy all while claiming the other is at fault. Pretty disgusting, but hey that's modern politics. Where it's better to split people than pull them together.

As for affirmative action, eventually we won't need it. We may not even need it now. But for some, it's too soon to pull off the training wheels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)