Michel Platini (8 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
That's not true tho, no one holds Dybala in in that stratosphere. Just that Dybalas long service means he got close to Platinis goal tally.

But Platini was a midfielder, not a forward like Dybala. And he played in a defensive low scoring 80s, where 16 goals won you top scorer. He had like 2-3 top scorer title as an attacking mid. Really impressive, as is the many balon d ors he won in a row.

he is not underrated. Platini is widely considered better then Zidane except for Zizou having the WC glory. His only issues is he retired "early", few people are old enough to seen him regularly, and his post retirement politician career smears his name and rep alot, he became a toxic and corrupt high level official.
Tell that to the Soyboy fans that apply the label of club legend to both.

And let’s leave post-career activities out of this conversation. corruption is nothing new for anyone a position of power. It’s part of the job.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I love Platini as a player, but him being absolved of wrongdoing is bogus AF. It just goes to show if you have enough money and the right lawyers, you can get away with anything, regardless of the country and the perceived "justice system."

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I don't want him at all, but what's that obsession with resale value?
I've lost faith in the club retaining its best players. We're a feeder club for the EPL, Bayern and Real after all, just like the rest of Serie A, so we might as well bring in players with resale value, so we have fresh funds to replace them later on.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I don't want him at all, but what's that obsession with resale value?
I think it's a cornerstone for a healthy cycle in a football club, you need to have flexibility and room for operations. you'll always have players that for whatever reasons will need to be moved on, either they're bored and lost the passion, have flopped / declined, are refusing to renew or whatever. if all of these guys that you want to move on have 0 resale value, you're fucked. just like Juventus, I'm sure if we had the option we'd be happy to shuffle half the squad, but either there's no real value to trade or the value is so low compared to the salary costs that no one wants it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)