Miccoli leaving JUVE??? (6 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by TroGeee ] ++
I can't believe this...
Moggi is stupid...With Del Piero out of form fot 2-3 years, we have no forwards...Bravo Moggi! Forget about Scudetto and UCL guys, we have no bench players...

Look at
-Real: Morientes, Ronaldo, Raul, Owen...
-Manchester: Van Nistelrooy, Alan Smith, Rooney, Saha
-Valencia: Mista, Di Vaio, Corradi, Angulo
-Barcelona: Etoo, Larsson, Ronaldinho, Guly

all the teams have 4-5 world-class strikers...
You call Corradi, Angulo, Mista world class strikers?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Mike Da Don ] ++

Fiorentina r our bitter rivals, they hate us, the supportors hate us, i dont c y they wud sell us there best players and piss all the fans off, then again juve r doing the exact same thing
The fans might hate eachother, but the managements dont.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004

Fiorentina r our bitter rivals, they hate us, the supportors hate us, i dont c y they wud sell us there best players and piss all the fans off, then again juve r doing the exact same thing

Management and fans are two different things.

TroGeee

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

You call Corradi, Angulo, Mista world class strikers?
No man, Zalayeta is world-class...they are all italian and spanish internationals, UEFA cup winner and spanish champion, top goalscorer (Mista), italian international, italian top goalscorer (Di Vaio), and Corradi so...

Jul 19, 2003
Gutted.......went to class with some people bringing it up and others dismissing it as rumors.......came out to find it official. I'm sick to my stomach. Shit if we wanted a backup to Trez, we could've signed Mido for way less than 19 million sterling. Now we have 3 tall strikers and a slow, over-the-hill DP. :down:

Don't anyone blame Miccoli for wanting out. He could've been reassured by Capello that he will get his chance, but NOOOOO....they immediately give him to Fiorentina. I'm starting to wonder if there's someone working for them in Juve mgmt. Hell how can you sign Zlatan (still iffy), get Micco angry, list him for transfer, Fiorentina find out, propose a bid and have it agreed upon all on the same day.

Jul 28, 2002
kapo is the only guys in attacking role with pace, the rambo, otherwise we have no pace at all......buggered.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

Management and fans are two different things.
No shit???? but selling 3 of your players 2 ur bitter rivals wont get the management any support and the management have to take the fans into account, no club would be successful without fans. There must b more than meets the eye to this

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
Dont be such crybabies, ill take Zlatan over Miccoli anytime!, if this was the price for Zlatan, then its totally okay, Miccoli will get back to juve later!.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++
Dont be such crybabies, ill take Zlatan over Miccoli anytime!, if this was the price for Zlatan, then its totally okay, Miccoli will get back to juve later!.
I'd take Zlat over miccoli aswell, but i'd take miccoli over zalayeta neday. I jus dont c y we wud sell him, we got very limited back up for del p unless we r planning to use zlat and trez together and have dp sittin jus behind them in a 4-3-1-2, but it wud b much better 2 keep all our options open its stupid

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Fabrizio Miccoli has officially signed for Fiorentina in a co-ownership deal during the closing minutes of trading.

The Juventus man had been disgruntled at the arrival of Ajax forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic and requested a transfer.

His hometown club Lecce had made an official request, but Miccoli has now signed for the Stadio Artemio Franchi outfit.

It is not the first move between the two rivals this summer, as Giorgio Chiellini and Enzo Maresca have already made the trip across.

It is reported that Fiorentina have paid £3m for half of Italian international Miccoli’s contract.

"This was a gift to the people of Florence," explained Vice-President Andrea Della Valle. "It was a necessary sacrifice to complete our transfer campaign."

There are also claims, so far unsubstantiated, that the Viola have signed Julio Ricardo Cruz on loan from Inter.

Meanwhile, Juventus have sold midfielder Davide Baiocco to Perugia, while Jay Bothroyd returns to the Premiership for Blackburn Rovers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hopefully Capello knows what he is doing,and we see Micco here once again...

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
I agree it would be best to keep him, and it is a strange move by juve, but unless he doesnt come back, then i wont freak totally out. I expect him back next season.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
it was such a nice day, all the time I thought juve has now the best atack, with Trez, Zlatan, Del piero and Miccoli..
but now this shock.. This is definitly a big mistake... What hapens if Del piero get injuired....???? Miccoli was the only one who can replace him...:frown:

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
I'd take Zlat over miccoli aswell, but i'd take miccoli over zalayeta neday. I jus dont c y we wud sell him, we got very limited back up for del p unless we r planning to use zlat and trez together and have dp sittin jus behind them in a 4-3-1-2, but it wud b much better 2 keep all our options open its stupid
Miccoli felt threatened by Zlatan and opted to leave. Zala is and always will be our last first team striker and he's fine with it. There lies the difference, Miccoli felt he needed more time on the pitch and Fiorentina moved for him, its not that hard to understand IMO. We still have the first option to buy him back next year according to some reports so its not like he's lost forever.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I agree -- while Miccoli was perhaps our most inspired forward last season (despite some who think otherwise), I have to give Zlatan the edge in overall value I see here. It would have been better to have had both and, say, sold off half of Zalayeta. But finances are what they are.

We also should not expect much of anything in the January transfer window, knowing Juve's history, so this is what we've got and we have to win with it. Overall, I think there were some good moves. We only need to wish that the first team stays healthy -- particularly around big games (unlike last season).

Jul 19, 2003
No, it wasn't completely Miccoli's decision. It's almost like they were waiting for him to show any dismay and he was out of there.......at least that's what I'm assuming considering they threw away Maresca when he was Juventini to the bone. Obviously Capello had no plans for him........which is retarded imo. We're stuck again at 4 strikers, one of them is over-the hill and another isn't really bubbling with form.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)