Miccoli leaving JUVE??? (14 Viewers)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
From what I have heard we sold him for 3m sterling pound. Anyway, I'll take your word since you are generally presice on this petty details.;).
Nonetheless, my belief is that if you have a young prospect who needs to gain experience and what them back in the future then you loan them. As far as I am concerned co-ownership should only be used in instances where 1) risky talent and 2) purely looking to make investment.
We are a big enough club to fully take on risks involved in Micco, and he isnt exactly an unproven player. Why pay Fiorentina additional 5-6 millions in 2 years time to get him back when we could have just loaned him?
My suspicion is that Micco isnt coming back, and if he does well, I reckon we will simply sell half of his contract rather than buying other half back. I am fine with that as long as we can get servicable replacement ( A la Tevez :D ) and that is why I am willing to wait a year before making judgement. But if Juve management's intention is to buy back other half of his contract then I will be very perplexed.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
7m€? for Miccoli co-ownership?
Yes.

++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
From what I have heard we sold him for 3m sterling pound. Anyway, I'll take your word since you are generally presice on this petty details.;).
Well thank you ;)

But you dont have to take my word for it, go to the english section of juventus.com and download the official pdf press releases about the transfers.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Yes.

Well thank you ;)

But you dont have to take my word for it, go to the english section of juventus.com and download the official pdf press releases about the transfers.
Cant be bothered. I hate details.;):D. I am a one heck of lazy bastard.:p

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
As for Fiorentina they have made some great signings but putting them into a team will be a major issue.
As far as I am concerned, they are not talented enough to be called "Too good to be relegated". They will have to fight for their survival IMO, and I am very curious about their team morale and loyalty. What would other players be thinking, for what they have done over last two years, club goes out and buy host of stars to replace them. Personally, I think they should have tried to consolidate their team rather than go out for complete plastic surgery. Having said that, they got a lot of bargain deals (With a helping hand from Luciano), and done pretty well on the Calcio Mercato. Their problem IMO is that they have very incompetent coach in the form of Emilliano Mondonico, and I wouldnt like to rely on him to put all these talents together.
I tend to disagree Jun....they have a pretty good team (on paper), and I think they could compete for a Uefa Cup spot

Spudbunny

Apr 19, 2004
I checked out the press releases on all today's business. We're paying for Zlatan over five years, the first 4 are for 3 million euros, the last for 4 million. Ultimately we getting 7 million euros for Miccoli over three years, although the press release says the arrangement will count as a >10 million euro credit on the current financial statement. (They pay us 14 million for Miccoli, we pay them 7 back for the half ownership). Anyway, it looks like what we get for Miccoli will almost cover what we're paying for Zlatan for the first three years. And we still own half of Miccoli. Looks like good business was done if we had to lose Miccoli.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
well getting zlatan was great,but i thought what we were looking for was depth:undecide:

while it's a smart move considering zlatan can replace both trez or del piero given his versatility and qualities,miccoli still had a lot to offer us imo.he can play on the right wing as well,which zlatan can't.

i don't think he's coming back.

.AB.

Mafioso
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
well getting zlatan was great,but i thought what we were looking for was depth:undecide:

while it's a smart move considering zlatan can replace both trez or del piero given his versatility and qualities,miccoli still had a lot to offer us imo.he can play on the right wing as well,which zlatan can't.

i don't think he's coming back.
He will definately come back, Moggi must have thought it was a luxury having 4 star strikers.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++
sell trez, bring back miccoli n buy gila
We shouldn't sell Trez if we're not gonna replace him with an equally good finisher, and we weren't gonna get Gila (this season at least). I personally don't like Trez that much, he's lazy and doesn't do shite unless he gets served a scoring opportunity on a silver platter. Despite all that though, he's an undeniably efficient finisher and scores some much-needed goals for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)