Mexes in Old Lady link (5 Viewers)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Man, Moggi said so often that he won't buy any Roma player, and I have to agree. Do you think our arch-rival will make us a special price or a cheap price for their best defender???

Mexes is better for us. He is sooooo great. Plus: Moggi already said that Mexes is interesting! Btw, Mexes would come cheap as he has an option in his contract, which allows him to change, for a cheaper price, to a better club.

Buy on AliExpress.com

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Forza Mexes. I bet he wants to join his good friend Kapo at Juve!

Trez, Thuram and Kapo should brainwash Mexes at the Euro 04, so that he joins us!
:LOL:

Sep 1, 2002
Roma emerge as Mexes favourites
Tuesday, 30 March 2004

Players:

Philippe Mexes
Teams:

Roma
Auxerre
Manchester United

by Graeme Bailey
Reports in France are suggesting that Roma have pushed past Manchester United in the race to land Auxerre's brilliant young defender Philippe Mexes.
Djibril Cisse, Jean-Alain Boumsong and Olivier Kapo are due to leave the Stade Abbe Deschamps in the summer and the club have already confirmed that Mexes will be allowed to join the exodus.

The 22-year-old has been a target of United, Real Madrid, Arsenal and Juventus over the last few seasons - but now Roma look to have stolen a march on their rivals.

The Roman giants could be losing Jonathan Zebina and Vincent Candela in the summer and so the need for defensive reinforcements is at the foremost of their transfer thinking.

United were understood to have rekindled their interest in Mexes after watching him again in recent weeks, as they too will almost certainly add a defender to their ranks over the summer.

However, it now seems that Roma are in the driving seat to secure Mexes's signature, but their interest is yet to be officially confirmed by either side.

The defender is due to play in Euro 2004 with France and is unlikely to sort out his future until after the tournament in Portugal.

www.planetfootball.com

Were do they get the money from.

Sorry its about time this club was banned from doing anuy deals in the market until they sort out their finances.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
http://www.calciomercato.com/modules.php?name=titolone

Esclusiva agente Mexes 'Auxerre vuole cederlo, lui vuole società con progetto chiaro, in Italia Juve e Roma alla pari

Olivier Jouanneaux, agente del 22enne difensore dell'Auxerre, Phillipe Mexes, intervistato in esclusiva da Calciomercato: "Non ci sono particolari novità, con la Roma e' sempre esistito un rapporto speciale nel senso che lo hanno sempre seguito; oggi vista la situazione economica della società giallorossa credo sia impossibile per lei prendere qualsiasi giocatore perche' hanno altre priorità dal punto di vista finanziario. A lui fa piacere che la Juventus possa essere interessata, ma per il resto non c'e' nulla di speciale, forse perche' Kapo va alla Juve altri si pensa che altri giocatori dell'Auxerrre debbano seguirlo, ma non e' sicuro che sara' cosi. Comunque ora mancano ancora parecchie settimane prima della fine della stagione. L'Auxerre vuole che Mexes vada via a fine stagione perche' ha un contratto importante e loro vogliono aprire un nuovo ciclo con altri giocatori. Ora bisognerà raggiungere un accordo con un'altra società, solo che l'Auxerre non vuole dire quanti soldi vuole per cederlo, si spera che la società ci sappia dare una cifra esatta entro breve. Lui vuole una società con dirigenti forti ed un progetto chiaro, se si parla della Roma la squadra e' forte, ha giocatori bravi e giovani ed una difesa ed un attacco tra i migliori d'Europa. La Juventus sembra che per i parecchi gol subiti abbia forse voglia di sistemare qualcosa in fase difensiva e in questo contesto forse Mexes protrebbe fare comodo a loro, a 22 anni arriverebbe in punta di piedi. Credo che se finirà in Italia, Juventus e Roma abbiano pari opportunità di prenderlo".

Jacopo Moroni

Basically it says that Auxerre want to sell him at the end of the season and that Roma and Juve are nose to nose in getting him. He wants to move to a club that as clear projects. Roma have $$$ problems but it doesn't mean that he'll follow Kapo to Juve either. The agent says that Auxerre doesn't want to put a price of Mexès for now.

I tell you right now it won't be for 5mil euros.

Jul 28, 2002
if mexes goes to roma, i will hate him cos he has gone for money. Clear aspirations..juve, better team, juve, more french?? Juve. Come on, mexes will only choose roma over us for money, asnd the only thing that pisses me if is that Roma donty have any money, they are loaned out to the eyeballs, they have jus been paid in advance for their tv rights.roma dont have moeny, so if they get mexes, i will hate roma even more, and i will official loose any liking to mexes.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
what worries me is that if Roma sell Samuel to Real Madrid for the big cash, then they will have the moeny to spend on Mexes. Having Mexes and chivu as their centre backs sets them up for a decade of a solid defence.

i really hope Moggi goes for Mexes. We should cash and a player as well. we have plenty to use as bait.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #174
    If it comes down to us and Roma for the signature of Mexes and the Frenchman opts for a move to the capital then I'll be so pissed. Sensi already screwed us this season with the Legro/Chivu transfers and the only way I would be content to let Mexes join the Giallorossi is if Samuel comes to Turin and not Madrid or Manchester.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I'm gonna laugh if Mexes doesn't succeed in whichever league he goes to. He's been talked up for ages now and everyone's gonna expect so much from him. Imagine the disappointment if he turns out to be the Legro for another team :D Unless that team is us :(

Samuel is playing great at the moment, and he's by no means ancient. I'd be quite pleased to get him

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    How in the hell does Roma get away with all this financial bull s**t? According to World Soccer, Roma have lost 75 million Euros for the year, and on top of that they owe 48 million to the tax man! How do they pay off bills while still bringing in new, expensive players? Sensi is obviously cheating the books and its really starting to piss me off. I will laugh my eyes out once Roma fail to pay the bills and turn into another Fiorentina.....!
    Mind you that Juve was the only big team in Italy to bring in a profit for 2003.

About Mexes, if he goes to Roma I might just loose faith in all french players. If he is smart, he will come to Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)