Mexes in Old Lady link (8 Viewers)

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
'Pool...Roma.....lol

MAYBE 'Pool because of the French connection and the notion of bringing that club back into some sort of glory.

Roma....They would need to fix their finances first, and They allready have Chivu and Samuel so one of them would leave? I dunno.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Cool, barkuss is a friend of Igor Biscan... I don't really think that they will sell Hyypiä, they've said that Hyypiä will continue with them no matter what... Hopefully we can get Mexes, that would solve our problems and Biscan's problems...

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
Did u all see how Juliano and Legro played yesterday?:dazed: ..... Finally we have a defence ... if they keep it like this we won't need more than one defender next season ....:D

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
But I thought that Iuliano's contract will end in summer, am I right?? At least Montero's contract ends, and he'll leave... And we need defenders, even if Iuliano doesn't leave, our defence is otherwise too old and we have to buy too many players after next season...

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr12d.html

No Italy move for Mexes Monday 12 April, 2004
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma and Juventus are set to lose out in the chase to sign Auxerre youngster Phillipe Mexes.

The French international has been heavily linked with both sides but reports suggest he’s on his way to the Premiership.

Although it is believed that the central defender would like a move to Serie A, Liverpool are in pole position for the stopper.

The Anfield outfit are allegedly ready to offer £6m for Mexes, a fee that neither Juve or Roma are willing to match.

Juventus have been tracking Mexes for a number of months as they look to strengthen their ageing defence.

The Bianconeri officials had visited the French club on a number of occasions this term to watch Olivier Kapo – who will arrive in the summer.

Yet they were also left impressed with the performances of the 23-year-old defender who is tipped for a great future.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
At the end of the day, £6m isn't that much, especially for a 23 year old - you could perhaps get 10 years out of him!

It's things like this that piss me off about Juve and Moggi (presuming it's true of course) - they are trying to get players for as little as possible. How are you gonna get quality if you're not prepared to pay for it?

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
At the end of the day, £6m isn't that much, especially for a 23 year old - you could perhaps get 10 years out of him!

It's things like this that piss me off about Juve and Moggi (presuming it's true of course) - they are trying to get players for as little as possible. How are you gonna get quality if you're not prepared to pay for it?
I definitely agree with you... I think that Mexes doesn't even want to go to 'Pool... Hopefully Kapo will talk sense to him and he won't listen to Cisse... I'm pretty hopeful that we can get him...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
Well.....since we are loosing in Mexes race I think that our Interest must go to Nicola Budruisso(although Roma is favourite in this one) or Daniele Bonera.....
don't panic yet, I seriously doubt that he will ever go to 'pool... And Moggi haven't even made offer yet... but we'll see... and why Budruisso??

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002

I agree!!!!!!

And what does Mexes want in Liverpool?? They doesn't reach anything, Juve is more interesting for him...

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Moggi, don't give up on Mexes...
Looking at the interested clubs (Inter, Juve, Roma and Liverpool) we should be in pole position!
Inter are just sh*t, Roma wouldn't be able to afford him (if they do again, I'll shoot myself) and Liverpool aren't going nowhere!
We have potential, we are in healthy financial position, we are a great club and he doesn't need to worry about getting his wages on time (like at Roma)! :D
If I was him, seriously, why would I choose any other club in the list other than Juve!

Len

Feb 13, 2004
We won't be losing, its not over yet!! ;)

BTW, the Serie A is supposed to be defender's paradise isn't it? Why would Mexes prefer to join a crappy EPL defense... :confused:

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sIAMO nOI jUVE! ] ++
Moggi, don't give up on Mexes...
Looking at the interested clubs (Inter, Juve, Roma and Liverpool) we should be in pole position!
Inter are just sh*t, Roma wouldn't be able to afford him (if they do again, I'll shoot myself) and Liverpool aren't going nowhere!
We have potential, we are in healthy financial position, we are a great club and he doesn't need to worry about getting his wages on time (like at Roma)! :D
If I was him, seriously, why would I choose any other club in the list other than Juve!
But that was the same about Chivu, too and Roma got him!!

Sep 14, 2003

Very true.

The pressure is on Moggi to get the right players for next season otherwise he'll be next out the door.

Surely Mexes would only go to Liverpool if no other club make a bid. What is Moggi waiting for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)