Metal, in all shapes and sizes (7 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
:D

Man I haven't gone to a metal show in ages, no one comes here. :(
Last metal show before that one was probably Opeth IIRC. There's nothing like a good aggressive and energetic metal show once in a while.

I had an epiphany yesterday. I noticed most people were around my age or older, in their 30's, 40's and some late 20's. Where were the kids? Young people in their teens? and it made me realize what we all knew, that Rock (in general) is vanishing more and more as the new generations just aren't interested anymore.

I said to a friend, enjoy this while you can.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Last metal show before that one was probably Opeth IIRC. There's nothing like a good aggressive and energetic metal show once in a while.

I had an epiphany yesterday. I noticed most people were around my age or older, in their 30's, 40's and some late 20's. Where were the kids? Young people in their teens? and it made me realize what we all knew, that Rock (in general) is vanishing more and more as the new generations just aren't interested anymore.

I said to a friend, enjoy this while you can.
Oh yeah, when I was going to shows a lot (age 18-24 mostly) I started noticing a gradual decrease in people my age and younger attending. The people who were in my age bracket when I started were still going, but there started being less "new" younger fans.

It's really saddening that it's getting harder and harder to find people to discuss music with (I mean, I like a variety of music besides rock and metal, but those genres will always be my main passion), even an old friend of mine I used to go to shows with all the time said recently that she's not really that into it anymore.

Now I think I understand what people who grew up in the 60s and 70s meant when they would say that music is nothing like it was when they were growing up, because now the people who grew up in the 80s and 90s are realizing the same thing about today's music. I mean, is there going to be a time in the future when Justin Bieber and One Direction are going to be considered "classics"? Will today's teenagers be telling their grandkids how much better they were than whatever is being produced in the year 2060?

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
the red chord one of my fav bands.. great musicians.
highly recommended

The guitar playing is pretty awesome, good structure. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

I was listening to this, around that time when that Red Chord album was out. Listen for the Solo pretty epic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)