Metal, in all shapes and sizes (51 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Fuck Tool. You wait a decade for another album with more of the same, cause let's be honest there will be nothing new, and the usual 4 songs and 5 boring pointless instrumental pieces.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
@ZoSo @Nzoric @Sheik Yerbouti @King of Kings

This is already my favorite 2015 record! Bought it yesterday and have been listening to it nonstop since then.

For those of you who never heard of it; Anekdoten is a swedish Prog rock band from the early 90's. I first listened to them back in 95' when a friend showed me their performance at the Progfest 94'. I was blown away by how powerful and atmospheric their sound was live and how was it possible that someone could pull off sounding like King Crimson without really being simply rip offs.

It's been since then one my favorite Progressive Rock/Metal bands. And this is IMO their best record out yet. It has that Swedish Opeth-like (they're all friends after all. Opeth's Keyboardist is an additional guest Musician here) sound with a much clearer and professional mixing, something maybe their old records lacked a bit.

I urge you all Prog rock/Metal enthusiasts to give it a listen. Gotta love the Mellotron. Here's a little taste:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)