Metal, in all shapes and sizes (3 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
@ZoSo @Nzoric @Sheik Yerbouti

Have you guys ever heard of a band called Kyng? They're from Southern California, and I'm a fan. Their 2nd album "Burn the Serum" is coming out next week. You can tell that they are heavily influenced by early 90's Soundgarden, which isn't a bad thing at all

Buy on AliExpress.com

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Haven't really listened to Metal for quite some time. It kinda saturated as it seems there's nowhere for it to go but to turn into that Progressive Metal that really started to tire the shit out of me. Metal in all it's subgenres and whatnot is a pretty limited way of expressing oneself in most cases. Distorted guitar riffs, same drums fillings, etc...

But in a way, isn't every other genre?

I decided to listen to Lateralus after at least 4 to 5 years, now i remember why Tool differ from all others. Fucking masterpiece.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Haven't really listened to Metal for quite some time. It kinda saturated as it seems there's nowhere for it to go but to turn into that Progressive Metal that really started to tire the shit out of me. Metal in all it's subgenres and whatnot is a pretty limited way of expressing oneself in most cases. Distorted guitar riffs, same drums fillings, etc...

I decided to listen to Lateralus after at least 4 to 5 years, now i remember why Tool differ from all others. Fucking masterpiece.
one word:

Mastodon

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
one word:

Mastodon
I feel the same way about them. I loved Leviathan and Blood Mountain but by The Hunter i couldn't listen to it anymore. Mastodon is a great band but got themselves into that "progressive metal" circle, which might be the natural progression from where they came from, but what's the next step?

Even Tool is starting to sound too much like a copy of themselves. The borrowing of King Crimson' odd signatures has really worn out.

Look at Mikael, he realized that to grow as a musician/composer he had to try new things. Little by little Opeth was less and less Metal.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013

I've kinda lost my interest in discovering new metal music. Much rather explore electronic music than anything else.
I kinda get what you guys mean. It's certainly been a while since I discovered a new (to me) metal band that I truly liked. I still listen to it quite a bit, but they're mostly all bands I've known about for years.

OP
Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #273
    :drool:

2:53

:drool:

- - - Updated - - -

As a whole the sound is basically the last thing I expected. I'm thrilled, didn't know they were Kiss fans.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    It's just like a massive tease... I want more! Loving it though, it's like vocals of The Hunter + Blood Mountain music

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)