Metal, in all shapes and sizes (1 Viewer)

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I considered going to one of their gigs for Brian and Roger but this Lambert guy really annoys me somehow. I wish they would just play as a duos + guest musicians. They are both great vocalists and it would work just fine imo.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #222
    Judas Priest never stopped carrying the torch ;).
    I've got nothing but love for Judas Priest, but carrying the torch implies something better and more important than Nostradamus. Judas Priest, just like Metallica and the other old timers are providing us with good music, but the reason that we keep digging into their new stuff with excited eyes is because of the nostalgia it brings not because it's refreshing or pushing the boundaries. Wath Mastodon are doing right now is as exciting and groundbreaking as Priest, Tallica etc. were in their prime.

OP
    Nzoric

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
  • Thread Starter #226
    Plant is incredible, and you can argue which one you prefer - but there's no doubt as to who is the technically superior vocalist.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Seriously though, you need to stop the list making bullshit. :D
    I didn't make any list, but I will now

Tuz worst posters:
    1. Voller
    2. RUS
    In your opinion.

It's also the opinion of quite a few people that Led Zeppelin took stealing from the blues to an art from.

See, it works both ways.
    Queen is overrated, end of story. I'm not saying they're bad, but I wouldn't put them together with the greatest bands ever.

And so did every other band like Stones, Clapton, Hendrix etc. People are just mad at Zeppelin because they didn't play 'pure' blues.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    Queen is overrated, end of story. I'm not saying they're bad, but I wouldn't put them together with the greatest bands ever.

And so did every other band like Stones, Clapton, Hendrix etc. People are just mad at Zeppelin because they didn't play 'pure' blues.
    You are in no position to make statements like "end of story". It's your opinion and you are in a huge minority when it comes to Queen. You are free to believe whatever you want but stop selling it like it's some kind of a dogma. You are sounding dangerously close to Zach and I don't think you want that.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    as if they aren't...

people say they are as good as zeppelin, floyd, the who etc..

they are not even close imo
    :lol: What kind of shit is that? I feel like i went back to when i was 15 when Nirvana was the biggest thing and we would fight over Seattle bands. That's the level of discussion we kids would have.

Btw, There's no such thing as better or worse, nobody in Rock composed songs quite the way Queen did.

- - - Updated - - -

In your opinion.

It's also the opinion of quite a few people that Led Zeppelin took stealing from the blues to an art from.

See, it works both ways.
    It's not only the opinion, it's a fact. They were sued over and over again for both ripping off old blues artists and covering their songs without giving the proper credits.

I love Zeppelin but their first 3 records are pretty much uncredited cover songs, which was a common thing in the late 60's (except the uncredited part), they just went too far. So in my book, Zeppelin will always be the band that "got there" the easy way.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Dude, you just went full retard. :sergio:
    says king of...

:lol: What kind of shit is that? I feel like i went back to when i was 15 when Nirvana was the biggest thing and we would fight over Seattle bands. That's the level of discussion we kids would have.

Btw, There's no such thing as better or worse, nobody in Rock composed songs quite the way Queen did.
    Arguing which football player or TV show is better is very different and a higher level of discussion :tup:

Yes there is worse, nickelback is just 'different' to Black Sabbath right?

It's not only the opinion, it's a fact. They were sued over and over again for both ripping off old blues artists and covering their songs without giving the proper credits.

I love Zeppelin but their first 3 records are pretty much uncredited cover songs, which was a common thing in the late 60's (except the uncredited part), they just went too far. So in my book, Zeppelin will always be the band that "got there" the easy way.
    The easy way :lol: yes just rip off a few blues songs and then in 5 years time you will write Kashmir and Achilles Last Stand :lol2:

If you've ever listened to any of the so called 'rip offs' most of them are very different to the Zeppelin song... In case you haven't realised music doesn't come out of a vacuum.

classic pure blues ripoff this is

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    Arguing which football player or TV show is better is very different and a higher level of discussion :tup:

Yes there is worse, nickelback is just 'different' to Black Sabbath right?
    Music isn't a competition, Football is. Yes, Nickeback is just different to Sabbath. They don't pretend to be what they're not, they're a popish teen rock band for easy listening kids/radio to dig in. There's no reason to compare two different bands not only from different decades/societies but that offer and bring to the table the completely opposite. That's childish, really.

The easy way :lol: yes just rip off a few blues songs and then in 5 years time you will write Kashmir and Achilles Last Stand :lol2:
    What is this even supposed to mean? What ripping off songs early in their career has to do with developing writing skills later on? I'll repeat if you didn't read the first time, covering other artists was a common thing in the 60's, what Zeppelin did wrong was not give credits to the actual composers. Which later on was resolved, when they were brought to justice.

If you've ever listened to any of the so called 'rip offs' most of them are very different to the Zeppelin song... In case you haven't realised music doesn't come out of a vacuum.

classic pure blues ripoff this is

Just to make a note; i've been a Zeppelin listener for almost 3 decades and yes, i've heard all of their "rip offs". They're not a "few", they're several from several artists. Some sound exactly the same, some they were disguised with subtle melody changes, others only the lyrics were taken, etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)