Messi vs C.Ronaldo (56 Viewers)

Vote

• Messi

• C. Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Zidane definitely had that elegance second to none.

Talent is another thing then. It doesn't really exists, just like luck. It's just easier way to explain things to the people by using those words. You were born with certain genetics, Usain Bolt had them for running, Einstein, Mozart or any kind of artist, athlete were born to do those things, just because of the genetics they have. There ain't a line where you're standing before you're born and somebody handing out the "talent", it's the genetics and how they will develop before you're born and after. Other thing is that certain people tend to have different kind of personality and it's all about genetics as well. In order to become best at something, you need to kind of have little bit narcismn in you or otherwise you won't react the limits and that again, comes with the genetics. Just like i said earlier, there's different type of genetics and these current top players or the top players in the past, just happened to have better genetics for the sport of football than others, so you can't really say that somebody is more "talented" than other. In football, you can be small or big, you don't need to be the fastest guy and you can be kind of slow and still be a great player. There's so many different combinations of in order to succeed in football, unlike with the 100m dash for example, because it's all about pure genetics. That's why, saying Zidane is a 10x talented as CR is just a BS because CR edges Zidane "talent wise" on many areas of the game. Football is more than elegence, vision, running speed/thinking speed, athleticsm, technique, dedication, decision making, team play etc, it's the combination of all of those and since CR has accomplished more than Zidane as a player, he checks in for more of those areas and therefore he is more "talented" player, whether you want to admit it or not. People saying Ronaldo has accomplished what he has just because he worked hard, well if it was all about hard work, there would be many players playing on his level but because he just happens to have little bit better genetics for the sport of football, it isn't possible for anybody else. He just has better genetics for running speed, acceleration, endurance, longevity/going without injuries majority of his career, he understands the game better than majority of the players and he has great technique for heading and both feets which is the thing, you can definitely improve the most whether of the genetics. Physique, the understanding of the game etc are not something you can improve that much, they're decided before you're born and Ronaldo chose the right profession just like all the GOATs in any other sports, just because the thing they were good at, was called sports, not math, music or anything else.
Long post. My point is simple: Zidane was way more talented in technical department. No doubt that CR7 is stronger mentally and has immense physique.

Buy on AliExpress.com

james95

Sep 2, 2018
C.Ronaldo is one of the most talented to players to ever play the game. He has a strong case for being the best 20-24 year old in history with his historic seasons at United between 2006-2009 where he was easily outperforming PL legends like Drogba, Gerrard, Lampard and co. in their prime and being Uniteds best player by miles.

Players who are the product of just hard work don’t reach to the top and be a force of nature that early in their careers. They don’t get spotted at 16-17 and play in arguably the best league at that age either.

So it’s clear he always had a generational talent. The hard work just helped him get 100% of that talent and coupled with sheer determination is what enabled him to have this freakishly insane longevity at the top.

His talent is also more evident when you observe his evolution as a player through the decades. From flying, marauding wide player to explosive and powerful inside forward and finally to ruthless and lethal penalty box scorer. He’s literally been world class in 3 different positions. I’d say he ticks every single box as a 9 or 10/10 as a forward or winger over his entire career. Pace, Skill, crossing, dribbling, finishing, weak foot, aerial ability, movement, ball control, etc. And that’s purely from a physical/skill-based point of view. Mentally he’s one of the best ever too in terms composure, resilience, perseverance, leadership, dedication etc.

Comparisons with Zidane are a bit odd not the least because they play completely different positions but also because Zidane as good as he was, was more a champagne footballer and only played his best stuff in the biggest stages like the CL final. Over the course of regular season he was very inconsistent and didn’t really play to the level he showed in those finals. In the 90s serie A, I didn’t even really see Zidane as the best midfielder in the league with him being outperformed by Rui Costa in some seasons. He would make my top 15-20 players of all time but never top 10 or 5 and certainly not ahead of Ronaldo. He was magical and full of grace in his style but I’d take ronaldo for my team before him every time.

Last edited:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
zidane : intelligence in football world and Master class of play maker.
Ronaldo : fast and deadly with long stretch.Scorer and opportunist.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
C.Ronaldo is one of the most talented to players to ever play the game. He has a strong case for being the best 20-24 year old in history with his historic seasons at United between 2006-2009 where he was easily outperforming PL legends like Drogba, Gerrard, Lampard and co. in their prime and being Uniteds best player by miles.

Players who are the product of just hard work don’t reach to the top and be a force of nature that early in their careers. They don’t get spotted at 16-17 and play in arguably the best league at that age either.

So it’s clear he always had a generational talent. The hard work just helped him get 100% of that talent and coupled with sheer determination is what enabled him to have this freakishly insane longevity at the top.

His talent is also more evident when you observe his evolution as a player through the decades. From flying, marauding wide player to explosive and powerful inside forward and finally to ruthless and lethal penalty box scorer. He’s literally been world class in 3 different positions. I’d say he ticks every single box as a 9 or 10/10 as a forward or winger over his entire career. Pace, Skill, crossing, dribbling, finishing, weak foot, aerial ability, movement, ball control, etc. And that’s purely from a physical/skill-based point of view. Mentally he’s one of the best ever too in terms composure, resilience, perseverance, leadership, dedication etc.

Comparisons with Zidane are a bit odd not the least because they play completely different positions but also because Zidane as good as he was, was more a champagne footballer and only played his best stuff in the biggest stages like the CL final. Over the course of regular season he was very inconsistent and didn’t really play to the level he showed in those finals. In the 90s serie A, I didn’t even really see Zidane as the best midfielder in the league with him being outperformed by Rui Costa in some seasons. He would make my top 15-20 players of all time but never top 10 or 5 and certainly not ahead of Ronaldo. He was magical and full of grace in his style but I’d take ronaldo for my team before him every time.
Sadly for us, he performed well only in one CL final :cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)