Merih Demiral (16 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
What's the difference between lesione and rottura?
lesion effectively means a damage, rottura is break

- - - Updated - - -

I'm absolutely gutted :sad: Around Turin had reported after the game they suspected ACL damage, but i was in the hope that Demiral was still able to stand up unlike Zaniolo

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
But so many great players have suffered ACLs and come back the same or better. Surely, the chances of him coming back to what he was before is higher than 30% especially with today’s technological and scientific advancements.

- - - Updated - - -

He was still great (because his quality shone through) but he wasn’t the same. He wasn’t as mobile as he was pre-injury.

A better example would be Philip Lahm or Xavi who tore their ACLs earlier in their career and reached new heights when they returned.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/may/11/acl-injuries-sports-athletes-careers

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
What's the difference between lesione and rottura?
good question actually.

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/news/2020/medical-update-on-merih-demiral.php

Update on Merih Demiral
Sprain to the left knee and injury to the anterior cruciate ligament, with associated meniscal injury, to the Bianconero defender.

During the game last night, Merih Demiral sustained a sprain to his left knee.
The diagnostic tests carried out at J | Medical this morning revealed injury to the anterior cruciate ligament along with associated injury to the meniscus.
Surgical intervention will be required in the coming days.
same terms used in the italian article, nothing about a tear :shifty:

tenor.gif

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.juventus.com/it/news/news/2019/chiellini--il-bollettino-medico.php

"lesione" #weallgonnadie

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He was our fastest defender...that won't be the case anymore. He will lose one of his best assets now.

Will never be the same player, such a shame. He will come back from injury sometime in Summer, be loaned out to get fitness similar to Pjaca and never been seen in a Juve jersey again.

Surreal circumstances right now. Sad as fuck.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
He was our fastest defender...that won't be the case anymore. He will lose one of his best assets now.

Will never be the same player, such a shame. He will come back from injury sometime in Summer, be loaned out to get fitness similar to Pjaca and never been seen in a Juve jersey again.

Lol him with one leg is faster than any of our other Cb's

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Then there will be a rush to try and get him back in time for the Euros and we all know what will happen after that.

@JCK said it already...Pjaca comes to mind, we all know Marchisio wasn't the same. Chiellini won't be either.

4 ACL injuries in like 2 years :lol::lol:

5 ACL injuries if you count Pjaca's relapse. LOLOL

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015

Come on, man, anyting can happen. van Nistelroy completely ruptured his ACL before MU move and was still amazing.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Our track record against everyone else's doesn't give me any confidence. Only DP made it out alive and did great things.
Lol, I always had a feeling that DP never really came back.

Our track record indeed sucks, but hoping for the best. We should shop Zaniolo while we at it and treat them both with some kind of groupon promo.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Our track record indeed sucks, but hoping for the best. We should shop Zaniolo while we at it and treat them both with some kind of groupon promo.
Pretty sure we get group discounts at the hospitals in Turin.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I have hope. He's young which obviously makes a big difference. Physically and it seems mentally, he's tough as fuck. If others can come back from such an injury, he can too.
Yes thats my hope. He doesnt seem to be the like of guy who will cry over this. I hope he returns stronger, or at least at go back to be 90% of what he could have been.

- - - Updated - - -

He never returned to be the same player, but well different positions.

At least demiral is not a fantasista and doesnt rely on tricks or supreme speed for his game...he is younger than dp when he got his acl too.... So lets hope he returns stronger

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Then there will be a rush to try and get him back in time for the Euros and we all know what will happen after that.

@JCK said it already...Pjaca comes to mind, we all know Marchisio wasn't the same. Chiellini won't be either.

I wonder if there are any stats about ACL injuries in general. I remember it used to be such rareeeee injury but nowadays, not just in Juve, it's common as fuck. Would be nice to see some study behind it and where all went downhill as I doubt it's "harder training" these days.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

juve is cursed.

so is the olimpico btw. i read somewhere that these were the 15th and 16th acl injuries there in the last 6 years. i'll try to verify it, but in case it's true, figc should ban that fucking stadium asap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)