Merih Demiral (3 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If you want to sell players based on their political stance you gotta sell them when their politics agrees with yours too.
isnt that a little idealistic? of course some players will express political views they are human after all.

its not really an issue for the club unless the view is something controversial / provocative enough to get bad press or potentially lose out on revenue.

its certainly not ever going to be "fair" but its the same at any job and i feel the club are within their rights to decide which views they dont want the players expressing publicly considering the players represent Juve.

it was silly when people were saying what kapernick did was in any way protected by the first amendment. if behavior standards are part of the deal he signed then the 49ers can absolutely demand he shut up or get fined.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
isnt that a little idealistic? of course some players will express political views they are human after all.

its not really an issue for the club unless the view is something controversial / provocative enough to get bad press or potentially lose out on revenue.

its certainly not ever going to be "fair" but its the same at any job and i feel the club are within their rights to decide which views they dont want the players expressing publicly considering the players represent Juve.

it was silly when people were saying what kapernick did was in any way protected by the first amendment. if behavior standards are part of the deal he signed then the 49ers can absolutely demand he shut up or get fined.
That's true. If the issue is something obviously wrong then I understand them firing or freezing out that player. Let's say someone openly supports genocide or slavery. But this is not that. This issue is pretty complicated. Also first amendment does not apply to private contracts. If it did then nobody would've signed a NDA. If Kapernick had a "respect national anthem" clause in his contract then NFL has every right to enforce it.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Waaaah war sucks, appeasement worked out great for europe in the late 30s.
But @Turk_Bianconero how would you have reacted if it was an israeli player doing the same during one their gaza campaigns? Once again i don't begrudge either for addressing threats at their nascence but i wonder if everyone is as consistent.
is anyone? is it within human nature to be so?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)