Merged Threads: Capello New Manager (8 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
why not, nina?

holdon, you're very fast with things - signatures, now avatars ;)
Probably because he bad mouthed Juve on several occasions and he generally showed modest respect for our club. Trash talk is part of the game though, he's on our side now, I'm glad to have him. I wanted Capello instead of Ancelotti in the first place.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Cheers sally ;)

Didn't check the whole thread but wanted to point out something...

On the eve of the last Juve-Roma game in February if I recall, when asked during the press conference if he would ever join Juve, Capello categorically denied he would join us cos he said something liek that when you have won with milan and roma you don`t go to juve.

He ate his words...luckily for us :D

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Totti speechless at Capello switch

source : FOOTBALL ITALIA

Francesco Totti was astonished to discover Roma were now without a Coach, while the Director of Sport admits he was as shocked as anyone.

“I knew absolutely nothing of this,” confessed the Giallorossi captain when he was told that Fabio Capello has joined Juventus.

Totti was at the Coverciano training ground with the Italy squad when he learned of the surprise news this morning, but refused to meet with journalists.

“However,” he added, “I stick by what I said before. I will only talk about my situation at Roma after Euro 2004.”

Fabio Cannavaro revealed the reaction inside the Azzurri camp after today’s surprise switch.

“The Roma players were shocked and the Juve stars extremely happy,” explained the Inter defender. “There was talk of Didier Deschamps and Cesare Prandelli, but Juventus conned everyone.”

That appears to include the Roma directors, who were as surprised as anyone to learn this morning that Capello had penned a three-year contract with Juventus.

“I didn’t expect him to even leave, even if I had an inkling that he might have decided to part company with us after five years,” confessed Director of Sport Franco Baldini.

“We did have a basic agreement with the Coach that he could move on if he wanted to. It was his destination that really took us by surprise.”

The rapport between Roma and Juventus has always been a tense one, especially in the last few seasons with verbal battles between transfer guru Luciano Moggi and President Franco Sensi.

“Our next step is to build a competitive squad, something we had planned regardless of who sat on the bench. Totti will stay,” continued Baldini, “and he knows that our project would go ahead even without Capello.”

He even pointed out that the tactician had discussed transfer dealings despite knowing he was destined to join another club.

“Of course Capello knows our project, as we were working out our moves only a couple of days ago and nothing seemed amiss. In any case,” he added, “I still have faith in people. The King is dead, long live the King.”

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

Francesco Totti was astonished to discover Roma were now without a Coach, while the Director of Sport admits he was as shocked as anyone.

“I knew absolutely nothing of this,” confessed the Giallorossi captain when he was told that Fabio Capello has joined Juventus.

Totti was at the Coverciano training ground with the Italy squad when he learned of the surprise news this morning, but refused to meet with journalists.

“However,” he added, “I stick by what I said before. I will only talk about my situation at Roma after Euro 2004.”
I think we're in for more surprises.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

Fabio Cannavaro revealed the reaction inside the Azzurri camp after today’s surprise switch.

“The Roma players were shocked and the Juve stars extremely happy,” explained the Inter defender. “There was talk of Didier Deschamps and Cesare Prandelli, but Juventus conned everyone.”

That appears to include the Roma directors, who were as surprised as anyone to learn this morning that Capello had penned a three-year contract with Juventus.

“I didn’t expect him to even leave, even if I had an inkling that he might have decided to part company with us after five years,” confessed Director of Sport Franco Baldini.

“We did have a basic agreement with the Coach that he could move on if he wanted to. It was his destination that really took us by surprise.”

The rapport between Roma and Juventus has always been a tense one, especially in the last few seasons with verbal battles between transfer guru Luciano Moggi and President Franco Sensi.

“Our next step is to build a competitive squad, something we had planned regardless of who sat on the bench. Totti will stay,” continued Baldini, “and he knows that our project would go ahead even without Capello.”

He even pointed out that the tactician had discussed transfer dealings despite knowing he was destined to join another club.

“Of course Capello knows our project, as we were working out our moves only a couple of days ago and nothing seemed amiss. In any case,” he added, “I still have faith in people. The King is dead, long live the King.”
:devil:

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
I posted this on another forum in retaliation to some of the comments posted by Roma fans. But sadly my post got deleted. I thought i'd post it here instead.

Its sad to see some of you Roma fans saying that Capello isn't a great coach and is overrated etc.

Overrated my ASS. 6 League tities with Real Madrid, Milan and Roma. The Champions league and Intercontinental cup wth Milan. NUFF SAID.

Amantino, i think you're still stuck in a state of denial. Accept it. Capello has decided to move on to bigger and better things.

And Juve are not your biggest rivals, Perugia are (from now on anyway) :D :howler:

Jokes aside, i do feel a certain degree of sympathy for Roma fans as its hard enough to see 1 or 2 players leave... but the entire squad seems to be on a mass exodus.

Having said that, maybe Roma should start paying their players their wages. That would help a little bit i think :rolleyes:

History repeats itself - 1970 - Capello made the controversial move from Roma to Juve and won 3 Scudettos with Juve ;) Expect that to happen again.

And oh, forget about Mexes. He won't be going to Roma. MARK MY WORDS.

You guys should worry about holding onto your existing players instead of signing new ones. Capello is a huge admirer of Mexes and now that hes gone to Juve, he will let Juve know about Roma's transfer plans ;)

Sorry guys. Your hate just makes us stronger.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Thats great stuff Ice. Really sweet to the point.

This does mean we have a good chance of bringing Mexes to Juve, as well as possibly Maxwell. I've heard many times that Capello is a huge fan of the Brazilian at Ajax, and he was after him while Maxwell was still at Roma.

Hmmm, this really makes me wonder now. I wonder what Chivu's situation at Roma is like, or even Mancini's. I wonder if Capello was able to pull some strings, and get Emerson and Chivu to follow him to Turin. Wow, Chivu...... that would be absolutely incredible to bring him to Turin, even though it is rather improbable.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

CAPPELLO!!! :extatic: :extatic: :extatic: :extatic: :extatic:

ONE OF THE BEST COACHES IN THE WORLD!!! :thumb:

great news!!

poor Roma :D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
And this wasnt just a sporting move, no sir. After the announcment was made, Juve's stocks jumped by 8 ponts, whil Roma's fell by 4 :thumb:

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
This is great :(

As soon as Agnelli dies
Moggi hires a manager Umberto never would have agreed to
the Disgraceful Capello

In a couple of Years we will look and and play like Roma

Roma will probably get Mexes, and some more young stars and bring in a smart manager like Deschamps

Capello Is and was one of the worlds 5 best coaches

But he is the same generation as Lippi and appoting him really is pointless....

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Probably because he bad mouthed Juve on several occasions and he generally showed modest respect for our club. Trash talk is part of the game though, he's on our side now, I'm glad to have him. I wanted Capello instead of Ancelotti in the first place.
Ill be sincere.. i know this XCappello guy said some stupid things about Juve in the past... but right now we are not in a fancy position, and any help will be welcomed.

He now have to rememebr that he is working for Juve...and taking in consideration how good he is... i think we madethe right Choice. With my hreat i was waiting for deschamps..but we all know that he was a BIG risk taking in consideration huis experience.
Now we can be trankil, cuz this guy knows how to deal wqith the big teams.

About Moggi...well.. i just heard the rumours yesterday (but we all know that between rumours and reality, there is a big distance), but then in the University today... some of my football frineds took me by surprise!!! I was shocked!!.
That Moggi did a very dirty job here :) . If i was Sensi, i would pay some Maffia assasins to kill Moggi for once and for all ;)

Geof

May 14, 2004
Football Italia

Fabio Capello has thanked the Giallorossi for an important period of his career, but the fans have turned on the new Juventus boss.

(...)

“I also wish to thank President Franco Sensi for giving me the opportunity to work with this great club, but circumstances pushed me to unexpectedly end this rapport.”

(...)

The supporters are turning all their hatred on to their former Coach, with some even suggesting that Capello had a hand in Juventus capturing former Roma defender Jonathan Zebina and the probable arrival of Emerson.

We were betrayed by an evil man,” said legendary Giallorossi commentator Carlo Zampa on his website . “His attitude cannot be tolerated, especially as he didn’t even alert the club to his decision.”

Roma fans must really be mad. :rofl:

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
It seems Moggi is on some personal Revenge scheme to get back at Sensi and Baldini ever since the Napoli times.....

When Sensi ended Napoli lastest resurgence by picking their squad apart....

Now Moggi is trying to get back at Sensi in the same way at Juve

first by stealing 2 Roma Targets last year (APpiah and LEgro) that would probably be great in Roma's system but sucked in ours...

And now by talking away Zebina and now even Capello

all I can say is that both Legrotagglie and Appiah will probably have a great season with Capello on the reigns....

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
ITs funny how many silent admirers Capello has
that don't show their face until he is a Juve coach
I remember a lot of people bad mouthing him at ROma but now he is the best in Seria A???
What ever happend to Trap and Lippi

NO Seriously Capello is a great manager and Totti is a great player maybe he will come too

I am sure
The people of the Anti-Totti Thread
will rejoice in the fact that Italy's best player has joined us now...

its not like his competence is any different he is a great manager but not greater then he was at Milan, ROma or Real MAdrid....

First let him proove himself....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)