mercenaries (3 Viewers)

Mar 24, 2006
Milan And Bayern Linked With Emerson
AC Milan and Bayern Munich have both been linked with a summer move for Emerson, but Juventus have ruled out any plan to re-sign the troubled midfielder.

After leaving Italy last summer to move to Spain, the 31-year-old has struggled to settle at the Bernabéu and could be tempted by a return to Serie A.

According to Corriere dello Sport, Milan are considering offering him a way out of Madrid, while Bayern are also watching the situation.

The Bundesliga giants have just agreed to allow Owen Hargreaves to join Manchester United and could fill the gap in front of the back four with the experienced Brazilian.

Emerson staed earlier in the campaign that he was unhappy in the Spanish capital and could be tempted by a move back to Italy, but in recent weeks he has stated that he could be prepared to stay put.

Juve have been linked with a host of star names as they prepare for a return to the top flight, but neither Gianluca Zambrotta or Emerson are high n their list.

La vecchia Signora's sporting director, Alessio Secco, explained why the club are not considering making a move for the duo.

"Zambrotta was the first player to express his desire to leave last summer," Secco stated. "He made his choice and I think it would be difficult for him to come back.

"Emerson acted slightly differently, but I think that he is now settled in Madrid."

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=308749

now we all knew what actually happened in the last summer , he was the 1st player who asking for leaving us , Zambrotta , so shocking :disagree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
now we all knew what actually happened in the last summer , he was the 1st player who asking for leaving us , Zambrotta , so shocking :disagree:
Why are you shocked?

He kept asking for leaving since many seasons, but Juve refused him leaving. By calciopoli, he saw the best chance for him to leave.

Mar 24, 2006
Why are you shocked?

He kept asking for leaving since many seasons, but Juve refused him leaving. By calciopoli, he saw the best chance for him to leave.
True that , but i didn't ever knew that he's the 1st who asking for leave , considering he's 1 of our senior player and not another douchbag like Ibra or Emerson , that's all . :pint:

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Zambrotta outclassed Cristiano Ronaldo especially in Old Trafford, and it wouldn't be an exaggeration if I say that he's still one of the best full backs in Europe, and maybe the best.

But has he really achieved what he wanted by his transfer to Barcelona and forsaking the Bianconeri sunken ship 2 years later?

He refused to continue the journey with Juventus, who made him a real star, in a lower division and to return part of the favour. Zambrotta preferred to carry on in top class football again and he couldn't resist Barcelona's money.

Zambrotta has lost a lot since his transfer to Spain; he's lost many of his fans who are in fact Juve fans, plus he hasn't formed a wide fan base in Barcelona. He's partially ruined his career by his naked hands exactly like Shevchenko. Not to mention that he hasn't won one single trophy with the Catalans.

Zambrotta, during the last 2 seasons I hated you and I wish you'd flop. Now I have nothing against you, you're pathetic.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Zambrotta outclassed Ronaldo??? were u even watching the same game? Sure Ronaldo was shite as always, but that was in NO way because of Zambrotta...the only 2 Barca defenders who gave a good game wer Puyol and Abidal...Milito and Zambrotta were AWFUL

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
You could argue that Ronaldo's drive up field created the space that lead to the winner against Barça, and Zambrotta was just the tool to turn it over to Scholes for the series winner.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Zambrotta outclassed Cristiano Ronaldo especially in Old Trafford, and it wouldn't be an exaggeration if I say that he's still one of the best full backs in Europe, and maybe the best.

But has he really achieved what he wanted by his transfer to Barcelona and forsaking the Bianconeri sunken ship 2 years later?

He refused to continue the journey with Juventus, who made him a real star, in a lower division and to return part of the favour. Zambrotta preferred to carry on in top class football again and he couldn't resist Barcelona's money.

Zambrotta has lost a lot since his transfer to Spain; he's lost many of his fans who are in fact Juve fans, plus he hasn't formed a wide fan base in Barcelona. He's partially ruined his career by his naked hands exactly like Shevchenko. Not to mention that he hasn't won one single trophy with the Catalans.

Zambrotta, during the last 2 seasons I hated you and I wish you'd flop. Now I have nothing against you, you're pathetic.
I beg to differ, that is an exaggeration, he's nowhere near that imo.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Zambrotta outclassed Ronaldo??? were u even watching the same game? Sure Ronaldo was shite as always, but that was in NO way because of Zambrotta...the only 2 Barca defenders who gave a good game wer Puyol and Abidal...Milito and Zambrotta were AWFUL
i dont know ahmed, but i think the rubish players where puyol, milito and def abidal!! zambrotta was showing some spirit and if it was'nt for the mis pass to scholes u would've had a reallly good game in my opinion. i do agree with milito but i think the worest player was abidal.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
have to agree with bisco here, barring his stupid mistake that led to the goal, he had a very good game, at least defensively.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
That question should be thrown at you too.

Abidal was probably Barcelona's weakest link alongside Eto.Zambrotta on the other hand,had a pretty good game.Not as good as Ahmedious claims,but certainly not as bad as you claim.And yes,Zambrotta did have a major role in keeping Ronaldo invisible.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
That question should be thrown at you too.

Abidal was probably Barcelona's weakest link alongside Eto.Zambrotta on the other hand,had a pretty good game.Not as good as Ahmedious claims,but certainly not as bad as you claim.And yes,Zambrotta did have a major role in keeping Ronaldo invisible.
:confused: every1 seems to have a different opinion :D...let's agree to disagree...but I think we can all agree that Messi was unbelievable!

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
and I must say was so disappointed with Eto'o...really expected so much more from him...Barca need to seriously re-think about selling Ronaldinho...they aren't even getting a decent transfer fee for him!

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
His only mistake was the golden chance he gifted to Scholes. That was a fatal mistake, I agree. But on the other hand he was Barca's best defenders imo.

I beg to differ, that is an exaggeration, he's nowhere near that imo.
He had Ronaldo in his backpockjet, but Zambrotta is far away from his old self.
This maybe attributed to his inconsistency during the entire season. Plus we should take into account that all the Barca players haven been in a bad form this season bar Messi. In fact I won't argue about this point a lot, because simply Zambrotta is away from the one who was defending the Juve castle. Yet he's still a world class side back and miles better than our Molinaro.

It's nice seeing mercenaries like Emerson and Thuram flop as well.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Half of the players in that list arent mercenaries.They were just put in there for the bigger picture.

Kinda like this :

Romario
Olof Mellberg
Nemanja Vidić
Alessandro Del Piero
Luca Toni
Didier Deschamps
Ove Kindvall

Ibrahim Said
Sebastain Deisler

Gennaro Gattuso
Alessandro Nesta
Yossi Benayoun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)