mercenaries (3 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Who were forced to find new clubs?
So you think Juventus wanted to keep all those players? As far as I remember who we wanted to keep we kept them, except for Ibrahimovic and Vieira. Those 2 are the biggest traitors of the summer IMO, behind them Thuram and his big, ugly mouth.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
So you think Juventus wanted to keep all those players? As far as I remember who we wanted to keep we kept them, except for Ibrahimovic and Vieira. Those 2 are the biggest traitors of the summer IMO, behind them Thuram and his big, ugly mouth.
I didn't say that we should have kept them all, I meant that there is a difference between asking a player to leave the club with all our due respect to him and a player to do all what he can do to leave the club as soon as he can in such a shameful way.

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
Mark, please dont believe Thuram is innocent as Ive watched his interviews that showed his true spirit. He talked down to our club when we were in trouble, and spoke untrue words about us. That is why I hate him, that is why you shouldnt like him as well bro..
what did he say ?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
How could some of the players sacrifice for the team if they were forced to find a new club?
From where do you know that? You keep saying that each time we talk about the ones who left.

No one was forced to leave the team. If you read Canna's statement saying "I chose Real Madrid because I'm old and I can't see myself playing in B" Zambrotta left before we were officially down.

Same goes with Ibra, Vieira, Emerson.... no one forced them to leave and really stop using that excuse. I really still remmber what each one of them stated the first day they joined their clubs. they were not forced.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Of course all of them are mercenaries, but what i don't understand is why do you put the word mercenary in such a negative context ?

You will work 40 years they will work 10-15 years. Of course they'll try to get as much more possibile.

Why is Vieira mercenary if he left Juve for Inter when he's getting the same money he'd be getting with us ? Did he leave for money ( so he's mercenary "proprie dicti") or he left for success and for oportunity to play on higher level ?
He's 31 and he was with us for one single year. Leaving Juve doesn't make him a mercenary by default.

And why would you call him a legend if he stayed with us just because we offered him 2m more than Inter did ?
Isn't that what a real mercenary would do ? To say " The hell with success and cariere when i'd be getting few million more if i stay with this serie B squad"

If i'm informed well none of the players who left us is earning more money now than he was earning with us.
It means they didn't leave for money. Most of them left because their football life is comming to an end and they couldn't risk dieing in serie B for 2 years ( Juventus had -30 points when they left and everybody thought we'll spend 2 years in serie B).
They are winners, they want to win, not to play in some shitty league.
They lost the oportunity to become Juventus legends but you're stupid if you call them traitors, even to call them mercenaries who'll sell their ass for 1$.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Of course all of them are mercenaries, but what i don't understand is why do you put the word mercenary in such a negative context ?

You will work 40 years they will work 10-15 years. Of course they'll try to get as much more possibile.

Why is Vieira mercenary if he left Juve for Inter when he's getting the same money he'd be getting with us ? Did he leave for money ( so he's mercenary "proprie dicti") or he left for success and for oportunity to play on higher level ?
He's 31 and he was with us for one single year. Leaving Juve doesn't make him a mercenary by default.

And why would you call him a legend if he stayed with us just because we offered him 2m more than Inter did ?
Isn't that what a real mercenary would do ? To say " The hell with success and cariere when i'd be getting few million more if i stay with this serie B squad"

If i'm informed well none of the players who left us is earning more money now than he was earning with us.
It means they didn't leave for money. Most of them left because their football life is comming to an end and they couldn't risk dieing in serie B for 2 years ( Juventus had -30 points when they left and everybody thought we'll spend 2 years in serie B).
They lost the oportunity to become Juventus legends but you're stupid if you call them traitors, even to call them mercenaries who'll sell their ass for 1$.
If you want to convince people, try to use a better language. Not to use that disgusting language of yours.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
thuram has been taking shots at juve since the wc. he has spoken about how its a shame that this happened and the clubs should be punished, etc.. basically throwing juve under the bus while he picked up his panties and skipped to barca.

i'm not gonna jump all over this thread as we have discussed this topic a billion times since summer. but what i will say is that don't put canna on any kind of pedestal, neither zambro. they are one in the same -- both bailed -- and thats the bottom line that everyone needs to see. zambro is just as much of a b*tch for as canna and vice versa.

emerson IMO shouldn't be crucified while canna and zambro are still worshipped.

viera and zlatan are well... i'll let someone else fill that one in ;)

overall i say lets get over it, we got bigger and better things to look forward to, besides zambro (& f*ck zlatan) the rest were a bunch of old men anyway who were in the twilight of their careers. i'm glad they left along with zlatan also.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If you want to convince people, try to use a better language. Not to use that disgusting language of yours.
Filipo Inzaghi
Orlando Bianchi
Ronaldo
Zdenek Grygera
Antonio Cassano

Zdenek Zeman
Ivan Cordoba
Orlando Urbano
Nuno Gomes
Igor Akinfeev
Simone Inzaghi
Massimo Ambrosini

They are all mercenaries.

Jul 5, 2005
I dont like this coversation and i dont like to remember last year. Let's see our present and future and give some hand to our young and new players and to stop to putter with old players.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
We are not fool as selling world best defender for 7 million euro,even shirts sales could gave us more money
Do you even know how big was Cannavaro´s salary?

From where do you know that? You keep saying that each time we talk about the ones who left.

No one was forced to leave the team. If you read Canna's statement saying "I chose Real Madrid because I'm old and I can't see myself playing in B" Zambrotta left before we were officially down.

Same goes with Ibra, Vieira, Emerson.... no one forced them to leave and really stop using that excuse. I really still remmber what each one of them stated the first day they joined their clubs. they were not forced.
Rab I don´t enjoy going through these debates because I went through them a million times and with zero success. If you like to think that way it´s your problem, all I can say you are blinded with your love towards the clubs or Del Piero, I don´t really know what is it. But you are wrong. Just as I prepared to post my views, BBILAN explained it all and I must say it´s perfect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)