mercato closed Mr. Secco? NOT! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Huntelaar will probably ask to leave now if they don't make the CL.
No he won't, trust me on this one.

A Primavera player could do the job for warming the bench but I'm afraid of the injuries. Trez is missing a lot of game lately. Yeah, Iaquinta can do the job but I look at him more as a support striker. Palla can't do sh*t it's scary. I hope he finds the scoring touch to make him the player we were looking for.
Iaquinta is able as a suppor striker, but in my eyes he is best as a striker. His physical qualities and hard shot, make him best suitable for that role.
I agree about Palla needing to show something more practical, but if he has to compete with even more strikers; he won't even get a decent chance. He has the talent, but he is still in need of some nurturing.

Too many questions and a couple of buys wouldn't hurt if it's for filling the roster.

Criscito would have less pressure and get better with a Canna but I doubt it with Samuel.
One buy at most, as far as i'm concerned. I hope you're right about it being good for Criscito.

bah! I need a rest. :toast:
Sleep tight.

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
the thing is with Criscito is that we don't want to pile on the pressure on him by throwing him out there when he is in such a young age with so much potential. He wouldn't mind sitting on the bench being next in line in that regards imo and it would do him very well development wise. He would get a feel for it this year and next year a bit more then we will see if he is the real deal.

I see the point about bringing in Klass but we just splashed 10m on Iaquinta then we turn around and bring in another forward, Come on! We should give him a chance till january at least and then it could be considered.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #263
    No he won't, trust me on this one.
    why because he said he wanted to stay another year with Ajax and because they don't need the $$$ with the sells of Sneijder and cie?

Ajax ain't going nowhere this year if they don't make the CL, so what if they win another championship. :p

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
    Giving Sheva as an example is enough to show who is the one with no football knowledge dude.
    :thumbs:

we were all screaming for Criscito to be a starter only a short while ago; this is the only way to accomplish that. Getting a Samuel or Cannavaro, will take away so much playing time from Criscito. Besides, Chiellini plays as a mean CB as well.
    By selling Boum, we'll just have 2 CBs + Legro, so If Crisito gets injured (he is now) or Andrade gets yellow cards, we'll use Legro, or use Chiellini as a CB not blame him on anything

We really do not need 5 strikers this season. We are only in one and a half(coppa italia is only a handful of games at most) competitions this season. Palladino is struggling for playing time as it is.
    We have 5 attackers but only one finisher striker (Trez), the other 4 cant do the job, Iaquinta's supposed to , but he sux ass

And Palla's struggling for Playing time cuz he plays in DP's position, same old story

why because he said he wanted to stay another year with Ajax and because they don't need the $$$ with the sells of Sneijder and cie?

Ajax ain't going nowhere this year if they don't make the CL, so what if they win another championship. :p
    Yeah, If Ajax sold most of his stars, why will the last star stay?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    the thing is with Criscito is that we don't want to pile on the pressure on him by throwing him out there when he is in such a young age with so much potential. He wouldn't mind sitting on the bench being next in line in that regards imo and it would do him very well development wise. He would get a feel for it this year and next year a bit more then we will see if he is the real deal.
    You make a fair and reasonable point as always, sateeh.

Yes, Huntelaar realizes he isn't ready for a big move yet. He is yet to prove himself at Ajax really, he is getting quite some critisism lately and some pressure. He has a lot of faults in his game he needs to work on, if he comes to us to be on the bench; he'll be a wasted talent, luckily he knows this.

Ajax don't have anything to do in the CL anyway, the players know this and Ajax knows this. Ajax haven't won a championsip in ages, they are hungry for the Dutch title.

:thumbs:

By selling Boum, we'll just have 2 CBs + Legro, so If Crisito gets injured (he is now) or Andrade gets yellow cards, we'll use Legro, or use Chiellini as a CB not blame him on anything
    We haven't sold Boumsong. Criscito isn't injured, he was sent home as a pre-caution. Chiellini plays very good as CB and Molinaro is a good LB. So that makes 5 CB's. Again, I agree it would not be bad to get a good CB, but I do not think we are in desperate need for one.

:
    We have 5 attackers but only one finisher striker (Trez), the other 4 cant do the job,
    Del Piero scores a lot of goals too, and paired with someone like Iaquinta or Palladino would score even more as he would be brought into scoring positions more. Iaquinta has scored a good amount of goals every season, for what was often a mediocre team in Udine.

Iaquinta's supposed to , but he sux ass
    You make a compelling arguement.

And Palla's struggling for Playing time cuz he plays in DP's position, same old story
    This only back up my point about Palladino getting too little playing time, if we have too many strikers.

Yeah, If Ajax sold most of his stars, why will the last star stay?
    Cause Ajax still has stars and always bring new ones.

Adzke

May 19, 2007
    We have now sold Blasi and Zala. Hence, I need to know:

I have the feeling that we are definently going to sign someone in the last days of the transfer window. I mean... We haven't even got the depth we had last year. Am I just jumping the gun? I mean, some members don't think we are gonna buy any one.

I'd hate to be disappointed :frown:

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006

I have the feeling that we are definently going to sign someone in the last days of the transfer window. I mean... We haven't even got the depth we had last year. Am I just jumping the gun? I mean, some members don't think we are gonna buy any one.

I'd hate to be disappointed :frown:
    I'll be worried about our squad depth if we don't sign another couple of players.

Hopefully another CB and maybe a 5th striker but I'm not too worried if we don't another forward since we don't have that many games to play.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
    We haven't sold Boumsong. Criscito isn't injured, he was sent home as a pre-caution. Chiellini plays very good as CB and Molinaro is a good LB. So that makes 5 CB's. Again, I agree it would not be bad to get a good CB, but I do not think we are in desperate need for one.
    We haven't sold Boum yet, we're looking for any offer for him and Legro, if they're gone, our Backup is CB is our LB

We're not desperate for any move, our Starting formation is very good, but backup is very important too , remember Chelsea last year, Terry and Carvalho were injured, so the first thing they did this year is buying 2 defenders

Del Piero scores a lot of goals too

You make a compelling arguement.

But he got older and became slower, sure he'll score goals but he needs an active striker, Trez is good but not that active, Iaquinta is active but he's not that good, I hope Iaq is just having a bad start, but I'm not expecting much of him, he can't be compared to other Juve strikers like Mutu or Ibra, I even prefer Boji to him

I have the feeling that we are definently going to sign someone in the last days of the transfer window.
    Makes sense, and all we have to do is pray and wait

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    If we can get Canna on the cheap I wouldn't mind it but if not I say we work with what we have, at least until January.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)