Not open for further replies.
OP
Sad Statue

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
  • Thread Starter #42
    D'Agostino assists a lot more.
    d agostino assist a lot more in a club like udinese that his role is to assist. melo assists less in a club that his role is to defend. we must see what these 2 can do and not what they did last year...

OP
    Sad Statue

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
    Mar 28, 2006
  • Thread Starter #43
    What makes Melo proven? 1 good season in Fiorentina? And why you think that Dago cant defend? He had better statistics than Melo last season. Dont get me wrong, I also like Melo, but I think that Dago fits better in our formation...
    we are comparing these to players and not talking generaly. melo has played in a team that ended 4th and also he has played in brazil. d ago played in a team that ended 10th (if i am not mistaken) and in 1 or 2 friendlies with italy. so who is more proven???

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    What makes Melo proven? 1 good season in Fiorentina? And why you think that Dago cant defend? He had better statistics than Melo last season. Dont get me wrong, I also like Melo, but I think that Dago fits better in our formation...
    Fiorentina > Udine and he also showed that he can cope pretty well and shine among players like Kaka. What Dago has shown more??
    1 good season with Udinese??

What Dago can do, which Melo cant?? And we still dont know precisely our formation, Melo being more complete and versatile has more chances to fit in.

Anyway, i really doubt that Secco can make it happen...

D'Agostino assists a lot more.
    Thats really debatable, in the some team, system and position, Dago is not so much better assister than Melo.
    They are both great passers and have great tactical awareness.
    But Melo seems to be more dynamic, anticipate the opposition movements and efficiently do smth about it...
    Because we cannot be certain about their role in our team and because the Dago has (if any) a marginal advantage in offence but left more to be desired in defense -> Melo the complete player who can fit in more system better+More proven at the highest level -> less chances to become the new Almiron/Tiago.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
    Apr 12, 2009
    Well I think we can cheer if one of these would be signed, but it's hard to tell. I'll go for D'Ago but 17 Mil for him seems to much.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
    we are comparing these to players and not talking generaly. melo has played in a team that ended 4th and also he has played in brazil. d ago played in a team that ended 10th (if i am not mistaken) and in 1 or 2 friendlies with italy. so who is more proven???
    My oppinion is that Dago fits better in our formation. They both were perfect in the past season. I didnt said that he isnt proven, but I think that they are in same level when it comes to provness...
    What Dago has shown more??
    1 good season with Udinese??
    He showed better passing and better scoring ability...

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
    D'Ago because he is Italien. Although I give the edge to Melo in terms of who is the better footballer. It's really close, still.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    Look its as simple as this IMO. Dago fits in our new system plus he's good, melo is good but we do have similar players in marchisio + sissoko (similar position).

I'd pick Dago over Melo ........

May 22, 2009
    Whoever it will be who comes to Juve between these two guys i wont complain. In my opinion Melo is a better player than D´agostino but the latter will be more important for Juve considering we will play 4-3-1-2 and that formation NEEDS a regista.

p0rcupine_tree

love the art in yourself
    Feb 27, 2005
    melo is great, but im against the idea of giving brazilian players a chance to grow in italy, where an italian can do the same job and grow and do good for the NT. i dont want s to look like inter...im not talking about diego, case he is irreplacable at the moment...i believe secco is doing some smoke screen as moggi used to do...the MELO-thing will eventually lead us to get D'agostino...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    There is absolutely no correct vote in this poll.

Both players offer unique qualities that are both beneficial to our play in midfield. Dawgostino can direct play, pass the ball and still tackle, while Melo can provide drive and toughness in midfield. All of these characteristics will be sweet for our midfield.

To put it simply, here we go:

Serie A: Melo

Champions League: Dawgo

I think posters such as Alen and Red can figure out what I'm saying in this respect. It follows along closely with my tactical view of the game.

Brandmon

Juventuz irregular
    Aug 13, 2008
    Simply put, Secco shouldn't make the same mistake again. If we spend the money on players that are not worth buying, we will end up without funds to be able to get a great player the following season. *cough* Alonso *cough*

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Both players offer unique qualities that are both beneficial to our play in midfield. Dawgostino can direct play, pass the ball and still tackle, while Melo can provide drive and toughness in midfield. All of these characteristics will be sweet for our midfield.

To put it simply, here we go:

Serie A: Melo

Champions League: Dawgo
    I can't do anything else but agree with Andy here.
    Although i can easily imagine both of them in the same line-up and that will be a winning combination both in serie A and CL. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)