Medhi Benatia (10 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What are The Philippines like? I have a friend from there from my University days who wants me to come visit her there... never really been a place I’ve thought much about travelling to though.
I was answering on behalf of Gordo :p

I have a friend who lives there, and swears by it. It's a cheaper, and potentially livelier/more fun version of Thailand. It's still somewhat undeveloped tho.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
What are The Philippines like? I have a friend from there from my University days who wants me to come visit her there... never really been a place I’ve thought much about travelling to though.
i have a hungarian friend who lived there for a few months while getting a generous unemployment benefit from the dutch government :baus: he loved the experience, but it was certainly less developed than any european country. his girlfriend had some issues getting used to the food without getting a diarrhea each week. next stop for them was malta, they been living there for ~2 years now without any complaints.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
What's Vietnam like compared to Philippines? I thought Vietnam was the cheaper Thailand.

Was gonna make my first Southeast/East Asia trip to Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia since Japan is so much more expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

I know the answer to this question :p

It's probably between Japan (Tokyo), Malaysia (KL), and The Philippines.
Malaysia > Bali?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What's Vietnam like compared to Philippines? I thought Vietnam was the cheaper Thailand.

Was gonna make my first Southeast/East Asia trip to Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia since Japan is so much more expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Malaysia > Bali?
Bali is a tad overrated. Malaysia, as a country, is much better than Indonesia. Jakarta is a nightmare because the traffic sucks, even more than Bangkok. Indonesia is rapidly developing, but Malaysia is already developed, particularly KL.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Bali is a tad overrated. Malaysia, as a country, is much better than Indonesia. Jakarta is a nightmare because the traffic sucks, even more than Bangkok. Indonesia is rapidly developing, but Malaysia is already developed, particularly KL.
Interesting. Muricans talk about Indonesia, never Malaysia.

I'm guessing because of better beaches?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Malaysia > Bali?
Vietnam i did not like one bit, malaysia is great but you have to head to borneo, in indo check out raja ampat area which is in the indo papua side. Cambodiais also a great value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)