Maxwell (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
My friend,santos is 1st LB for Brazil NT.....Maxwell can't even make it....
thats because Inter doesn`t estimate him right and use Santon instead of him altough Santon if quite good himself
therefore Maxwell doesn`t play as much as he should and it effects the national team`s manager (Dunga) from choosing him
I have no doubt that Maxwell is better than Santos
BUT as I said Santos is quite a good player himself.

It`s similar to Beckham`s England situation he plays for LA GALAXY in the MLS barely plays there and doesn`t play at all at the highest level (except for Milan for few months) I don`t know if Beckham still got it to be first choice as I haven`t seen much of him and I don`t really know who plays for the England national team, but I believe he would be there if he played at that level as many games as others

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
My friend,santos is 1st LB for Brazil NT.....Maxwell can't even make it....
This guy is way overrated. truly did not impress at all in the confederations cup. idk how he does at club level. but if he performs like he did in the confederations cup. this guy is not a good LB.:disagree:

Amauri hasn't even played for Brazil NT
To rate a player based on whether or not he plays for his nation is :andyandbarcelona:
correcto. you just can't rate them like that and it truly is a shame. The same could be said in Trezeguet's case.:agree:

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
And that's why he was linked with all those clubs even before confed cup?

Nice theory of paradox you got there....
yeah those links were all paper talk. nothing official. I mean it could have been his agent:shifty: .. took the advantage of his client playing first team football in Brazil NT and did this PR stunt so everybody could look at his player.:agree: O and i dont remember any links of him before the tournament.

Mar 14, 2004
yeah those links were all paper talk. nothing official. I mean it could have been his agent:shifty: .. took the advantage of his client playing first team football in Brazil NT and did this PR stunt so everybody could look at his player.:agree: O and i dont remember any links of him before the tournament.
Nooooooooooooooooo shit sherlock :crazy:

Cruello believes too much in the power of hype and media. Just let him be.

And I belive in regular watching of football,especially SKY Sport Italia and Sky Sport Italia says that Maxwell fella was kicked out of starting lineup by an infant. Nuff said.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Amauri hasn't even played for Brazil NT
To rate a player based on whether or not he plays for his nation is :andyandbarcelona:
Nonsense. I concur that it is not the sole measure of a player's worth, but it certainly says something about their quality, if their nationality is of a decent footballing country. Whilst much is down to managerial preferences, in terms of tactics and personnel, the general plan of a National Team Manager is to bring together the BEST players, and to put them in a system which brings out their collective BEST. That is the sole aim of the job. Its true that some managers make odd choices, but as has been mentioned, perhaps Maxwell's lack of playing time influences the decision more than a general measure of ability.

Its a shame that we have been unable to sell any of our players other than Marchionni and Mellberg, because with the funds raised, through transfer fees and reduction of the wage bill, we would definitely have been able to afford a left back...at least Grosso...maybe even Maxwell. Is our mercato really finished with once we get Melo?? Or will there remain a chance of bringing in some defensive cover, either through player exchange or loan deals???

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I read somewhere that Mou is want to trim his squad which has more than 30 players. He don't like large squad and prefer to work with small squad consist 22 players + 1 GK. And there is some players that he feels not included in his plan anymore. He already sold Jimenez, Crespo, Cruz. I curious if Maxwell is one of the player doesn't included in his plan

He already do it with Glen Johnson in Chelsea although Johnson is promising FB when Ranieri bought him, but he prefer Ferreira back then and sell Johnson

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Nonsense. I concur that it is not the sole measure of a player's worth, but it certainly says something about their quality, if their nationality is of a decent footballing country. Whilst much is down to managerial preferences, in terms of tactics and personnel, the general plan of a National Team Manager is to bring together the BEST players, and to put them in a system which brings out their collective BEST. That is the sole aim of the job. Its true that some managers make odd choices, but as has been mentioned, perhaps Maxwell's lack of playing time influences the decision more than a general measure of ability.
There have been many great players who havent had teh opportunity to play consistently for their country. Look at Italy, back when Baggio was around, teh likes of Zola, signori and Mancini missed out quite a lot. Italy had an array of world class defenders so many also missed out.

Deigo and amuari both dont play for their country, and camo never did either...i dont think it is crucial.

In fact, id rather have all players not playing for the NT, at least that way they live and breathe juve instead.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Its a shame that we have been unable to sell any of our players other than Marchionni and Mellberg, because with the funds raised, through transfer fees and reduction of the wage bill, we would definitely have been able to afford a left back...at least Grosso...maybe even Maxwell. Is our mercato really finished with once we get Melo?? Or will there remain a chance of bringing in some defensive cover, either through player exchange or loan deals???
So do you believe Luis Fabiano is better than Amauri? How about Nilmar?

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
There have been many great players who havent had teh opportunity to play consistently for their country. Look at Italy, back when Baggio was around, teh likes of Zola, signori and Mancini missed out quite a lot. Italy had an array of world class defenders so many also missed out.

Deigo and amuari both dont play for their country, and camo never did either...i dont think it is crucial.

In fact, id rather have all players not playing for the NT, at least that way they live and breathe juve instead
So you would rather we didn't have Buffon, Chiellini, Giovinco, Marchisio, Cannavaro, Grygera, Tiago, Poulsen, Camo, Del Piero, De Ceglie, Momo, Melo???

It doesn't change whether they live and breathe Juve...in fact, there are definite benefits, in terms of technique...testing themselves against the world's best, and also in terms of passion and heart, because for most players, its an honour to play for their country.

I never said it was the sole measure of quality, or that if a player wasnt chosen for his national team then he was a lesser player...If Diego improves (which he still can at his age), becomes consistent in europe and at the top of Serie A, and forms a decent connection with Melo, I am sure that Dunga will give him some time for Brazil.As for Amauri, I dont think he is good enough, compared to the players vying for the same role in the Brazil team..For Italy, yes, if we are continuing to play with a target man, it will be Amauri and Toni.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I never said it was the sole measure of quality, or that if a player wasnt chosen for his national team then he was a lesser player...If Diego improves (which he still can at his age), becomes consistent in europe and at the top of Serie A, and forms a decent connection with Melo, I am sure that Dunga will give him some time for Brazil.As for Amauri, I dont think he is good enough, compared to the players vying for the same role in the Brazil team..For Italy, yes, if we are continuing to play with a target man, it will be Amauri and Toni.
:shocked: Whatever about him not being better than their starter, Luis Fabiano, he's surely better than Nilmar, Jô, Rafael Sóbis etc?

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
So do you believe Luis Fabiano is better than Amauri? How about Nilmar?
I don't agree with Dunga's selection, but they are certainly not doing too poorly with the teams he puts on the field. I would like to see what Amauri is capable of when he has decent service and is playing in front of a midfield that can KEEP HOLD OF THE BALL...this will be his make or break season as a Juve player...last season, he had to make the most of terrible service and a weak midfield, especially when he had to continually track back to get 2 yards away from marchionni to make sure he got the ball. I liked him at Palermo, but was far from impressed with him last season. BUT yes, he scored some vital goals, and had an injury or two. So i am far from certain of his usefulness to us or Brazil. What I know is that at times, when he was at Palermo, he looked special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)