Maxwell in January? (1 Viewer)

Maya

Sep 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by W.Sneijder -18- ] ++
Well, how about this?

Why don't you guys just buy the whole Ajax-squad while you're at it. First Ibrahimovic, Now Maxwell, I bet you guys want van der Vaart, Trabelsi and Sneijder by tomorrow :(
Speaking of Van der Vaart, I just remembered something from Euro 2004 and the Netherland team.
It's sooo funny, just listen to this:
Van der Vaart
Van der Sar
Van der Meyde
Van Bommel
:rofl:

khikhikhi, you kinda have to sing it, isn't it funny?:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Maxwell Fancies Juve Move
9/9/2004 11:30:00 AM
Ajax’s Brazilian defender Maxwell has issued a come-and-get-me plea to Juventus.
"It would appeal to me to play in the greatest clubs in Europe: Juve are one of these," he said.

"I will meet the leaders and we will look at the situation. To change team is one possibility. In the past, Inter have tried for me: my agent had met the nerazzurri leaders in order to understand their intentions, but then Ajax blocked my move."
---------------------------------------

goal.com

Juichtoon

Aug 31, 2004
That quote is false, it has been denied by both Ajax and Maxwell. The only thing he said was: 'I would like to play with Zlatan again, someday'.

He is a great player, reaching top level every single match. Great mentality also. Worth at least 20 million euro´s at a club with a normal board....

We don´t have a normal board. Our board is giving players away almost for free. You can pick him up for 7 million euro´s and pay in 11 terms, no problem! Very smart move!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Well, Maxwell isn't a necessity anyways. He's a good player but for me he doesn't suit Capello's 4-4-2.

Welcome to the forums, Juichtoon :)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Maxwell snubs Juve option
Friday 10 September, 2004

Ajax defender Maxwell has dismissed reports that he is set for a January transfer to Juventus.

Reports in Italy have suggested that the move will occur after the Brazilian admitted he would like to follow Zlatan Ibrahimovic to the club.

"I don’t know where these stories have come from," said the highly rated player. "I’ve already said that I’m happy at Ajax and that I don’t want to leave.

"If I say that I want to play alongside Ibrahimovic in the future, it doesn’t mean that it will happen immediately. I’ll wear the Ajax shirt until June at the very least."

The Dutch club, who netted £11.5m from the Old Lady for the Swedish striker this summer, also insisted Maxwell is going nowhere.

"He’s already said that he hasn’t got a problem in staying here," stated technical director Louis van Gaal.

"He certainly won’t be leaving in January. The Italian media, as regularly happens, have made a mistake."

Maxwell has long been linked with a move to Serie A after he was also associated with Inter and Roma in the past.

channel4.com

Kevin

Apr 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Maxwell snubs Juve option
Friday 10 September, 2004

Ajax defender Maxwell has dismissed reports that he is set for a January transfer to Juventus.

Reports in Italy have suggested that the move will occur after the Brazilian admitted he would like to follow Zlatan Ibrahimovic to the club.

"I don’t know where these stories have come from," said the highly rated player. "I’ve already said that I’m happy at Ajax and that I don’t want to leave.

"If I say that I want to play alongside Ibrahimovic in the future, it doesn’t mean that it will happen immediately. I’ll wear the Ajax shirt until June at the very least."

The Dutch club, who netted £11.5m from the Old Lady for the Swedish striker this summer, also insisted Maxwell is going nowhere.

"He’s already said that he hasn’t got a problem in staying here," stated technical director Louis van Gaal.

"He certainly won’t be leaving in January. The Italian media, as regularly happens, have made a mistake."

Maxwell has long been linked with a move to Serie A after he was also associated with Inter and Roma in the past.

channel4.com
This is an article translated from the dutch press here and is more likely to be true (well it is. v. gaal and maxwell released these statements officially through their spokesmen to end the wild rumors... although you could read more behind that?) than those weird 'daring' quotes from goal.com that I've not seen him say on tv OR in the dutch media tbh...

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
just a while ago he was saying stuff like "i would like to play for the biggest clubs in europe;juve are one of these." and now this.

i really don't know what to believe.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Is it me but he never stated that he doesnt want to play for Juve? Judging from the Stuart's link, he merely said that he isnt leaving anytime soon, which is different from saying that he won't play for Juve.
Anyway, I do like to see Maxwell in Bianconeri shirts. Although I havent seen much of him, he seems to be a very clever player with good technical skill. Personally, he looked more like a midfielder than a natural defender, and the prosepct of Maxwell - Zambrotta leftside combo is mouth watering.:drool:

Kevin

Apr 16, 2004
One thing that I remember is that his dream club is AC Milan. He said it in an interview in VI (Voetbal International - biggest football magazine in Holland) a while ago. Doesn't mean anything as plenty of players end up elsewhere than their dream club but if it would come down to a straight battle between Juve or Milan I'm not so sure...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++

Anyway, I do like to see Maxwell in Bianconeri shirts. Although I havent seen much of him, he seems to be a very clever player with good technical skill. Personally, he looked more like a midfielder than a natural defender, and the prosepct of Maxwell - Zambrotta leftside combo is mouth watering.:drool:
I agree for the most part, but Capello seems intent on playing two central defensive midfielders so I don't see how Zambrotta, Maxwell and Nedved would coexist.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

I agree for the most part, but Capello seems intent on playing two central defensive midfielders so I don't see how Zambrotta, Maxwell and Nedved would coexist.
I think Maxwell can very well join our team next year as Nedved is reaching end of his career. Furthermore, I think Maxwell can be a very useful player playing leftside role if Capello is intent on playing 4-3-1-2, since his passing is very good a la Zambrotta in Lotti's last year. Anyone fancy Maxwell - Blasi - Emerson, Nedved/Olivera?
Its an intriguing idea IMO. However, lets see how our midfield goes before making further reinforcements. Blasi has to prove that he can step up into next level, and Olivera, and Appiah can be pleasant surprise.:)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Is it me but he never stated that he doesnt want to play for Juve? Judging from the Stuart's link, he merely said that he isnt leaving anytime soon, which is different from saying that he won't play for Juve.
i guess not,but i wouldn't say something like that just a day after i declare my desire to move to juve:undecide:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
if he joins, left back is his and zambro takes the left wing. olivera will prove his worth on the right and become juves right winger. when the day comes for neddy to retire, and when the day comes that olivera will shift into his natural role of being a playmaker, i think zambro may end up back on the right with hopefully kapo (who would have proved himself) taking the left.

with olivera, zambrotta and kapo...we already have a versitile team with wingers. so getting maxwell frees up more versitility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)