Maxwell in January? (6 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Luigito ] ++
Maxwell contract ends this year, ha can come on free for juve
If that really was the case, Maxwell would have been sold already.
You don't know what you're talking about and stop making up stuff, his contract ends in 2006. Do you really think Ajax is that stupid to let this gem go on a free? Hehe, that's a good laugh :cheesy:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 16, 2004
Well, how about this?

Why don't you guys just buy the whole Ajax-squad while you're at it. First Ibrahimovic, Now Maxwell, I bet you guys want van der Vaart, Trabelsi and Sneijder by tomorrow :(

Juventino783

Aug 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by W.Sneijder -18- ] ++
Well, how about this?

Why don't you guys just buy the whole Ajax-squad while you're at it. First Ibrahimovic, Now Maxwell, I bet you guys want van der Vaart, Trabelsi and Sneijder by tomorrow :(
When they buy Maxwell then are two players from Ajax, that are not many. And to now they havo only bought one of Ajax.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Well, how about this?

As an Ajax fan, shouldn't you be used to losing whole squads at a time by now :D

IIRC the only player remaining from the CL winning squad in the next couple of seasons was Fred Grim.. poor guy :down:

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
lots of Ajax player that left Ajax and turned into crap for the past 10 years.....

....players like Kanu, Van Der Sar, Oliseh, Riezeger, Van Bronchost who else?

Jun 16, 2004
You are also stupid

van der Sar hasn't turned into crap.

He was the best goalkeeper in the Italian league at Juventus and the least passed goalkeeper, but he was unfortenate Buffon came. And he's still one of the best keepers in the world at the moment.

Reiziger was the best rightback in the Primera Division last season.

van Bronckhorst never played for Ajax. But he did play for Feyenoord. Don't be so ignorant

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sidz-Inzaghi ] ++
lots of Ajax player that left Ajax and turned into crap for the past 10 years.....

....players like Kanu, Van Der Sar, Oliseh, Riezeger, Van Bronchost who else?
I wouldn't really say Van Der Sar was a failure at all, and Reiziger has been a consistent fixture in Barcelona's lineup. Van Bronckhorst didn't do that well at Arsenal and even Barca, but he ended up playing for the national team, which I wouldn't call "turning to crap"

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
van der Sar hasn't turned into crap.

He was the best goalkeeper in the Italian league at Juventus and the least passed goalkeeper, but he was unfortenate Buffon came. And he's still one of the best keepers in the world at the moment.
don't make me laugh:lazy:

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
damnit, if van Der sar was impressive enough....he would have stay in torino and still be playing serie A football:wallbang:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Van Der Sar played great for us, and I think it's unfair that people blame him for conceding 'those goals' that ultimately ended up with us getting pipped for the Scudetto. We still conceded the least goals in the league that year, and I feel sorry for Edwin that people only remember him for those mistakes.

Jun 16, 2004
The Dutch Goalkeepers are all well-known for their mistakes and not for their saves.

Edwin van der Sar: Rarely makes big mistakes but when he did, that's all he was known and remembered for.
Sander Westerveld: Made 2 mistakes at Liverpool but he isn't bad at all if you look at thanks to him Liverpool won the UEFA Cup.
Ronald Waterreus: No club wanted him because he had a mistake in the Newcastle vs. PSV match. Man. City signed him eventually.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
the only complaint I have about Van der Sar is that he gets nutmegged a lot of the time :D Maybe it's because he spreads his legs too wide or doesn't get low enough or something, but it's painful to watch :)

You're right W.Sneijder, all of the above keepers were sold because they made a couple of mistakes. I clearly remember the match when he accidentally scored an own goal from a corner and made another blunder the same match, he was sold within the next few weeks :eek:

I thought Raimond van der Gouw was a decent keeper too :D He sometimes put in some absolutely amazing performances when Schmeichel was out for one reason or another. Then again, he made some big blunders too, but he was inspirational at times (one particular match that comes to mind is one against Arsenal a long time ago)

Jul 12, 2002
The Dutch Goalkeepers are all well-known for their mistakes and not for their saves.

Edwin van der Sar: Rarely makes big mistakes but when he did, that's all he was known and remembered for.
Sander Westerveld: Made 2 mistakes at Liverpool but he isn't bad at all if you look at thanks to him Liverpool won the UEFA Cup.
Ronald Waterreus: No club wanted him because he had a mistake in the Newcastle vs. PSV match. Man. City signed him eventually.
Great. I love the negativity. All of those keepers are excellent international calibre keepers. I'd take any on my team, and I much rather have them than some who currently ply their trade for the elite teams.

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
we should buy maxwell he is great player and we could use him as a left back turning zambrotta in rightmidfielder and olivera in nedveds role next year because nedved will get older.

or we just put maxwell in front of zambrotta as a leftwinger.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++
It was only a matter of time before Ian caught wind of the Van Der Sar bashing :D
Indeed.

++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++
How are you, mate??
Great. I tripped on shrooms the other day, had a superb time.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
Well, how about this?

I'd love to see W Sneijder in black and whites, but I wouldnt mind neither VDV or Trabelsi.

Van Der Saar is a very good keeper, but he made costly mistakes in Juve, both in the CL and in the championship as well.

Jul 28, 2002
van der sar crap......hmm may have made massive mistakes, but go ask a epl player and they will tell u, he is a git of a keeper cos he is that damn unpassable at times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)