Mauro Icardi - ST - ***** (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
I never said Cavani wasn't an out and out striker. I said he thrived in both Napoli's counterattacking scheme while also succeeding at PSG where teams obviously park the bus on them most of the time. I said Icardi looks lost on the counter. I don't expect either one of them to play nice technical one touch football, but Cavani's superior workrate is what would make him work well here whereas Icardi wouldn't. Dybala looks better when he has his defensively duties taken off him. Cavani would do that and Icardi wouldn't. Cavani is also more likely to get involved further away from goal which would further help Dybala. .

If the club wanted to get rid of Dybala and play crosses from the wings all day I think Icardi would be a good buy

Buy on AliExpress.com

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
It's about putting players in the right positions. Icardi can thrive in it if other teammates help. He won't be spearheading counterattacks but he can start them by holding the ball and then spreading it to Dybala, Costa or whoever. Higuain would thrive too if he was able to control the ball under pressure. Benzema is not fast yet he was excellent under Ancelotti because he had other strengths. Mandžukić is as slow as they come yet he's been very successful under Heynckes in both possession and counterattacks and under Allegri on the wing. Inter only ever played counterattacking against us and Icardi scored goals. Sampdoria played defensive when he exploded for them. One player is not locked into one system. Icardi obviously is not fast with the ball and can't dribble, but he can do other things to start counterattacks and then run without the ball where he has solid speed. And when he's engaged he's aggressive and good at putting pressure on opposing defenders.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
and I bet you'll be the first to moan that we're a selling club
That's rich coming from you :howler:

And no, since I don't actually like Icardi, I won't lose sleep if we decide to part ways with him, just like I won't lose sleep if we sell Higuain.

- - - Updated - - -

He'd do wonders here and he'd suit us perfectly.
There we have it ladies and gentlemen. The Motta Syndrome :D

Do not want :p

- - - Updated - - -

Hope @Mark didn‘t jinx this by opening the thread.
I hope he did :xfinger:

I'd rather a talent like Martial, who has a point to prove, and is potentially superior to this filthy vermin aka Icardi.

Oh, and before anyone says, but Martial isn't an out an out striker, it's his preferred position. He can play on the wings due to his blistering pace, but he stated that he prefers operating as CF, and he has the power, pace, and athleticism to succeed if he regains his confidence.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Just buy Wanda for 10-20 million and make she do naughty things while teasing it to icardi via Skype, sooner than later the dick will come here for free :beppe: then we sell both for 150 million package :beppe:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It's about putting players in the right positions. Icardi can thrive in it if other teammates help. He won't be spearheading counterattacks but he can start them by holding the ball and then spreading it to Dybala, Costa or whoever. Higuain would thrive too if he was able to control the ball under pressure. Benzema is not fast yet he was excellent under Ancelotti because he had other strengths. Mandžukić is as slow as they come yet he's been very successful under Heynckes in both possession and counterattacks and under Allegri on the wing. Inter only ever played counterattacking against us and Icardi scored goals. Sampdoria played defensive when he exploded for them. One player is not locked into one system. Icardi obviously is not fast with the ball and can't dribble, but he can do other things to start counterattacks and then run without the ball where he has solid speed. And when he's engaged he's aggressive and good at putting pressure on opposing defenders.
In 15/16 when Dybala was partnering Mandžukič and it worked - the argument this compatibility debate is based upon - we played 352. Judging by what we're looking to buy, that's really not going to happen next season, it looks like either 4231 or 433.

In a 4231 Icardi would cause all the same problems Higuain-Dybala did, 4231 needs a CAM and a striker while Dybala, Icardi and Higuain are all strikers.

A 433 with Cuads at RB and Dybala at RW-SS hybrid might work better, but then again I don't see how Icardi is an improvement over Higgy at CF (besides the obvious age argument, but you don't blow that kind of money for 4-5 years on the passport). Better header of the ball? Out of Icardi's 29 goals last season, 4 where headers and all Inter did was wipe crosses into the box, I somehow doubt he's as good in the air as you want him to be.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
In 15/16 when Dybala was partnering Mandžukič and it worked - the argument this compatibility debate is based upon - we played 352. Judging by what we're looking to buy, that's really not going to happen next season, it looks like either 4231 or 433.

In a 4231 Icardi would cause all the same problems Higuain-Dybala did, 4231 needs a CAM and a striker while Dybala, Icardi and Higuain are all strikers.

A 433 with Cuads at RB and Dybala at RW-SS hybrid might work better, but then again I don't see how Icardi is an improvement over Higgy at CF (besides the obvious age argument, but you don't blow that kind of money for 4-5 years on the passport). Better header of the ball? Out of Icardi's 29 goals last season, 4 where headers and all Inter did was wipe crosses into the box, I somehow doubt he's as good in the air as you want him to be.
:tup:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Icardi ain't joining, why y'all wasting so much of your time in debating with his biggest fan out here is truly beyond me, not only that it makes no sense blowing our entire budget on a guy who won't even make us an overall stronger team, but atm the suggestion itself is above everything else still just a bs rumour.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012

You don't have to score headers only from crosses. He scored many volleys, many grounded crosses etc.

Penalties - 6
From crosses:
Headers - 4
Volleys - 7
Grounded - 6 (one of these was a header, GK save and then a tap in)
Through the middle - 5
Tap in after GK save from another teammate - 1

What I like the most about him is he attacks the ball on crosses, like Cavani, and doesn't wait for a perfect cross. For example this:

Pretty bad, low cross that we had so many off this year and never scored from them, but he goes towards the ball and doesn't wait for defenders mistake to get him the ball.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
So when is someone going to join FIF and post this in the Icardi thread?

"Hello friends Juventino here I come in peace :) Seeing how we are linked with Icardi you please give me some info on him like strengths/weakness?"

Much appreciated and good luck in Serie A next year
:)

Maybe even tell them a bit about Higuain and share some of his goals off Youtube including the one against them :D

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Dunque, avrò gurato due volte in 9 anni e questa la devo dare con la morte nel cuore, ho l'autorizzazione da Rhyme

siamo su Mauro Icardi in maniera netta e decisa, il tutto con la conseguente cessione di Gonzalo Higuain all'estero (non sarà inserito in scambi con i prescritti)

la conferma mi è arrivata tramite mio padre il quale lavora in un loco dove è spesso e volentieri presente un membro del Consiglio Collegiale dell'inter che ha confermato la situazione, la Juve è pressante su Icardi

questo corteggiamento tra Icardi e la Juventus non è cosa nuova, prosegue da anni, ma a questo giro i nerazzurri sembrano disposti a parlarne per vari motivi (fpf e rapporto mai decollato con il giocatore e la moglie, causa richiesta annuale di revisione del contratto)

questo è tutto, di cifre e altro non so e non chiedetemi pure, spero che vada tutto a monte
Ok, so, dude from VS, from what I've noticed a long standing member and someone who's not a regular 'guru' but just comments on other stuff said this.

He says he only 'gurued' 2 times in 9 years, but is saying this dead serious with the approval of admins. Says that we're very serious and decisive about Icardi, with Higuain being sold abroad later, not included in any exchanges with Inter. He got the information from his father who works somewhere where a very important board member from Inter is a regular and discusses things. That board member says we're pressing for Icardi. This 'courtship' between us and Icardi is nothing new and it's been going on for years (he was target no.1 the year we got Higuain), but this time Inter is willing to talk for various reasons (ffp and relationship with Wanda who wants a renewal every year).

I'm a sucker for these things. :D Regular gurus have people telling them stuff all the time so there's a lot of BS there, but when serious posters get information from other channels it gets me :D Same thing happened with Bernardeschi last year, another poster got info from Fiorentina side that it was a done deal because Della Vales were broke.

This, with @Tanu_Mz saying things...let's see :tuttosport:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Ok, so, dude from VS, from what I've noticed a long standing member and someone who's not a regular 'guru' but just comments on other stuff said this.

He says he only 'gurued' 2 times in 9 years, but is saying this dead serious with the approval of admins. Says that we're very serious and decisive about Icardi, with Higuain being sold abroad later, not included in any exchanges with Inter. He got the information from his father who works somewhere where a very important board member from Inter is a regular and discusses things. That board member says we're pressing for Icardi. This 'courtship' between us and Icardi is nothing new and it's been going on for years (he was target no.1 the year we got Higuain), but this time Inter is willing to talk for various reasons (ffp and relationship with Wanda who wants a renewal every year).

I'm a sucker for these things. :D Regular gurus have people telling them stuff all the time so there's a lot of BS there, but when serious posters get information from other channels it gets me :D Same thing happened with Bernardeschi last year, another poster got info from Fiorentina side that it was a done deal because Della Vales were broke.

Interesting.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

oh my, has Beppe truly lost his mind? :D if anything we need to borrow money from striking department and replace Higgy with someone cheaper, not splash money we don't have on strikers and hope that Can is the savior

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Also keep in mind this guy who reported this is extremely against Icardi, has been talking negatively about him for days, so he has no incentive to make up stuff. And we never got denial from Inter side on any of the rumors.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Also keep in mind this guy who reported this is extremely against Icardi, has been talking negatively about him for days, so he has no incentive to make up stuff. And we never got denial from Inter side on any of the rumors.
this is twilight zone material

- - - Updated - - -

there goes our transfer budget for the next 15 years :D
Won't need one for a few years if that's the case :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)