Mauro Icardi - ST - ***** (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I'm sorry but exaggerating won't prove your point. MM wins so many duels now (2.8) because he's matched up against a full back. When he played as a striker with us he won 1.2 per game. Icardi wins 0.9 right now.
Not to mention - MM's only attacking strengths were heading and good movement for crosses and tap-ins. Icardi is stronger, faster, better finisher with both feet, can actually out run someone etc.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Dybala clashed with Higuain sometimes because they often occupied the same spaces between the lines. He worked best when MM was the striker holding the CBs occupied and unable to jump the lines. They also had great chemistry with those little dump off passes MM would do. I see them working very well together (Dybala and Icardi).
It's not about Higuain or Icardi for me. If we're swapping one for another while adding shitload of money in the process just to make the swap happen then that's the problem for me - simply because that probably means we won't improve where we need to the most, which is midfield.

Icardi and Higuain are actually pretty similar to each other, neither can be compared to Mandzukic and that's the type of forward that has to offer the most for Dybala. Higuain and Icardi are quite selfish and won't be feeding Dybala no matter what one wants to say.

What I mean is this: spend on midfield because it's in the worst shape out of all our departments. If we can afford the luxury of swapping strikers without leaving the midfield in bad shape then whatever I guess.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
When we dont sign icardi and then notice the tuz posters that have spent the last week praising and :tuttosport: to a current inter merda captain...:numnum:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
That's right and she just burned your 'argument' out of here.:alen:
My argument was that Mandzukic is better in the air and you said Icardi is the same. Then even without just using your eyes, you posted stats that showed Icardi was actually worse.

Even though I put little credence into those stats, they are still worse. :howler:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Higuain AND €55M? No. Nonononononononononono. Fuck that. Our midfield is a black hole and we're going to throw around that kind of money on ICARDI? Ridiculous.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
When we dont sign icardi and then notice the tuz posters that have spent the last week praising and :tuttosport: to a current inter merda captain...:numnum:
I'm fully aware chances of signing him are almost zero and that he plays for Inter makes no difference whatsoever if he's a great player. Playing for them doesn't suddenly make him bad or you don't have to be intentionally subjective and dismissive. To the contrary, stealing a great player from those fuckers makes it that much more satisfying.

- - - Updated - - -

My argument was that Mandzukic is better in the air and you said Icardi is the same. Then even without just using your eyes, you posted stats that showed Icardi was actually worse.

Even though I put little credence into those stats, they are still worse. :howler:
No, your argument was that Icardi absolutely cannot do what MM does/did as if he's a midget or something. Higuain absolutely cannot do what he did. Icardi can at least come very, very close to it - with other strengths he has.

Jun 6, 2015
This is such a bs rumor. Icardi is younger than Higuain, better in the air and has better instincts in the box but that is where it ends, everything else Higuain does better. If we really for some reason want to get rid of Higuain, Icardi might be a decent replacement barring personality problems. I see pretty much no chance though that Beppe would throw 55m at Inter to make us marginally worse. Unless Higgy really wants out.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Those two plus his merda's captain illness... We would have to keep playing like this season and I really don't like it... and If we are gonna go back to 4231, that system depend a lot of Mandzo grintas and that's a question mark right now...
This this and this. He will pigeonhole us to play 4231 or 352 to fit both of them. Or force Dybala to be a rightwinger.

All no-gos for me.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
This is such a bs rumor. Icardi is younger than Higuain, better in the air and has better instincts in the box but that is where it ends, everything else Higuain does better. If we really for some reason want to get rid of Higuain, Icardi might be a decent replacement barring personality problems. I see pretty much no chance though that Beppe would throw 55m at Inter to make us marginally worse. Unless Higgy really wants out.
:tup:

Higuain is a better player than Icardi atm, and I just cant think of a worse way to spend 110m, giving our problems in midfield.

Morata or Martial would be better suited for CHL football under Allegri and they would cost a lot less.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
:tup:

Higuain is a better player than Icardi atm, and I just cant think of a worse way to spend 110m, giving our problems in midfield.

Morata or Martial would be better suited for CHL football under Allegri and they would cost a lot less.
True. Allegri plays defensively , more emphasized in Europe. Even when he fields offensive players, all are tasked to defend.

More Speedy players like Costa, Morata etc, will suite our gamestyle best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)