Mauro Camoranesi (5 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
An innocent question: Is there any reason why this thread is not sticky??

Anyway, the latests on Camo has just been told: the result is that he will be absent for afew weeks as expected, but there is a hope that he'll recover before less than a month, so he may participate in our last match...

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Juventus are confident that Mauro Camoranesi’s season has not already ended because of injury.

The crafty winger picked up a right thigh problem in Tuesday’s 2-0 win at Frosinone which threatened to see him sidelined for well over a month.

However, the former Verona star underwent further tests today which illustrated that the strain is less serious than first thought.

Juventus medics are therefore hoping to get the Argentine-born wizard fit and ready for action in the space of around 25 days.

Camoranesi should therefore be available for at least the last game of the season against Spezia on June 10.

Italy boss Roberto Donadoni is also keeping his fingers crossed that the South American could feature in the two games against the Faroe Islands and Lithuania on June 2 and 6.

Juventus boss Didier Deschamps is set to use Marco Marchionni as a replacement for Camoranesi as the Old Lady search for mathematical Serie A promotion over the next few weeks.

Football Italia

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Juventus are confident that Mauro Camoranesi’s season has not already ended because of injury.

The crafty winger picked up a right thigh problem in Tuesday’s 2-0 win at Frosinone which threatened to see him sidelined for well over a month.

However, the former Verona star underwent further tests today which illustrated that the strain is less serious than first thought....
What is it with this "former blah blah blah star" crap from so many sportswriters? They do this all the time. And here the guy has played 147 matches for Juve and just 50 for Verona.

I mean, at what point do you stop calling Del Piero "the former Padova star"? Should we go around calling Cristian Vieri the "former AC Milan star"? :confused2

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It is just lazy journalism as far as I'm concerned. Taking the easy option rather than writing something interesting about the player that might take a bit longer.

OP

Camo

Jul 20, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,051
    What is it with this "former blah blah blah star" crap from so many sportswriters? They do this all the time. And here the guy has played 147 matches for Juve and just 50 for Verona.

I mean, at what point do you stop calling Del Piero "the former Padova star"? Should we go around calling Cristian Vieri the "former AC Milan star"? :confused2
    I agree with you. The sportswriters should definately be careful with their choice of words and respect the identity of the player.

Thanks!

p.s really sad that Camo will miss this week's game... hope he gets better soon...:cry: :cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)