Mauro Camoranesi (44 Viewers)

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Campaign over for Camo? Wednesday 2 May, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mauro Camoranesi could have played his last Serie B game, as the Juventus star suffered a thigh injury against Frosinone.

The midfielder strained the right thigh muscle during yesterday’s 2-0 victory and tests have shown it is a relatively serious problem.

He had been on fine form of late, but will be out of action for at least a month, so it is unlikely Camoranesi will play another match this season.

If Juve top the table and therefore earn automatic promotion, their last fixture should be on June 10 at home to Spezia.

This is not the only difficulty that Coach Didier Deschamps must deal with, as he will be without a series of midfield players for this coming weekend’s clash with Cesena.

Matteo Paro and Cristiano Zanetti are sidelined, while former Lazio man Giuliano Giannichedda is not expected to recover in time either.

Jonathan Zebina also misses out, as he has picked up a one-match ban and will not be able to play.

“Against Frosinone we gathered three important points,” explained captain Alessandro Del Piero.

“Even if it sounds a little like a cliché, this is the truth. There are only a few games left now and our opponents are maintaining the same pace, forcing us to avoid every tiny error.”

The other Serie B players who are suspended for Week 37 are Costa (Bologna), Gilioli (Modena), Pavarini (Lecce), Santacroce (Brescia), Mazzola, Greco, Magliocchetti (Verona), Doga, Sacchetti (Mantova), Fietta (Treviso), Frara (Spezia), Fusani, Gervasoni (Bari), Vantaggiato and Zoppetti (Pescara

Channel 4

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
Look at th ebright side!
Marko will get a chance, Marchisio also. We're covered on the defence so Zebina absence isn't so crusial, althogught it does presents a hadicap!

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Sad that he's injured because he was very on form lately:( But now Giovinco's chances to play maybe is better...although I don't think he will make his debut this season. But why? We have so many injured or suspended players,let's at least sub some of the youngsters like De Ceglie or Giovinco!

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Marchionni or Bojinov will cover Camo´s absence but how good, that is the question? Camo was brilliant lately.
That's really true, we'll have to wait and see. Though I won't be counting on Bojinov doing anything about it, poor bastard wouldn't get his chance if he was DD's son. It will be up to Marchionni, he'll do well I think.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
That's really true, we'll have to wait and see. Though I won't be counting on Bojinov doing anything about it, poor bastard wouldn't get his chance if he was DD's son. It will be up to Marchionni, he'll do well I think.
:agree:
Marchionni or Bojinov will cover Camo´s absence but how good, that is the question? Camo was brilliant lately.
:disagree: to the bold bit :D

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
camo was on great form lately both on the right and in the center.His adaptability proved essential for the team especially this :rough: month we had.

I think it Marchisio's time to shine as he will have to play in the advanced central position instead of camo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)