Mauro Camoranesi (10 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Camoranesi says he will stay if he feels comfortable.

Camo wants to be a trainer when he retires :shocked:(I might've mistranslated this though).
You're right. Goal.com did the best thing they can do (Translation). Ignore the title in Goal.com like always:

Camoranesi Casts Doubts Over Juve Future

The world cup winning midfielder is still unsure whether to remain with the Bianconeri next season.

It might take more than just reinforcing the Juventus squad to convince Mauro German Camoranesi to remain in Turin according to the same player during an interview with local Italian newspaper 'Corriere della sera'.

"My future here is in discussion. I don't look at the competitive squad; if I will find myself well, I will remain. If I reach a valid agreement I will stay."

Camoranesi has a dream in the drawer for his future once he decides to hang up his boots.

"I hope that I can coach one day, at least I will try. If it will not happen, if I will not be good enough, I will find myself another job."

In the meantime, Camoranesi and Juventus are leading the Serie B standings with an eye on the next transfer market to build a very competitive side for Serie A.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Camoranesi met with Secco and Bettega and the latter two offered the former a contract renewal. A contract worth 2,5 million euro's a year running till 2010. Camoranesi's doubts concern how fast the side can return to the champions league.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Camoranesi met with Secco and Bettega and the latter two offered the former a contract renewal. A contract worth 2,5 million euro's a year running till 2010. Camoranesi's doubts concern how fast the side can return to the champions league.
How much does he earn now?

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I don´t blame him. At least he stayed this season to bring us back where we belong.

Still I hope we could keep him....

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I don´t blame him. At least he stayed this season to bring us back where we belong...
I don't know how true this is though. My impression is he was offered a contract a few days ago, I find it strange to refuse it so quickly. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet.

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
I think he will wait how our transfers develope. So far we only have Brazzo and Grygera. Good but not exactly the world class players we need. In my opinion it would be good to keep Camo, but not for every price. We have decent replacements on the right wing with Brazzo and Marchionni. If we can get good money for him, we can invest that in our defence and central midfield.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Mauro Camoranesi has opted to snub the offer of a contract extension with Italian giants Juventus.

The World Cup winner’s present deal expires in 2009 and he’s understood to have rejected a new £1.7m a year agreement until June 2010.

Camoranesi’s agent met Juve representatives Alessio Secco and Roberto Bettega to discuss the offer, but the lack of Champions League football next season has seen negotiations stall.

The midfielder, 30, had made no secret of the fact that he wasn’t happy with Serie B football and had asked for a move last summer – after offers from Valencia and Lyon.

Camoranesi has also reiterated in the past few months that he was willing to consider staying in Turin only if the club built a competitive team for their expected return to Serie A.

“We are now just waiting for Juventus to be clear with us and explain their industrial plans for the future,” stated agent Sergio Fortunato.

“However, I do know that I will soon be contacted by clubs in France and Spain…”

Valencia and Lyon are still interested in the Argentine-born ace should he decide to jump ship at the end of the season.

Juve already seem to have a ready-made replacement for the ex-Verona man in the form of Marco Marchionni. He joined the club from Parma on a free transfer last June.

for me Ribery and Quaresma are best alternatives....

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

What's the point in offering him a extension at this point anyway? It's clear as day they all want a competitive side for next season and we won't know that untill summer.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
It seems Channel 4 bought those news too:D

Just read what Camo's agent said. It has nothing to do with any offer and any refusal...

He just repeats the same words about waiting for a competitive side, but Media builds some stories that suit them...

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
It seems Channel 4 bought those news too:D

Just read what Camo's agent said. It has nothing to do with any offer and any refusal...

He just repeats the same words about waiting for a competitive side, but Media builds some stories that suit them...
Yes. It's sad really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)