Maurizio Sarri (25 Viewers)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
If he stays, we're not winning the title next season. At least, that's my prediction. The signs of regression are evident to everyone but the board, apparently.
Agreed, with him at the helm there is zero chance we win the league next year, particularly if Conte stays at inter and they back him in the market.

Sarri = Zero Tituli

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Agreed, with him at the helm there is zero chance we win the league next year, particularly if Conte stays at inter and they back him in the market.

Sarri = Zero Tituli
That's already been proven false but we certainly need to improve a lot next year based on general performances. The points issue after the restart is its own entity, hopefully that doesn't happen again next season.

I still say before lockdown the performances might generally have been stale or mediocre but we were also on course for a regular points season. I would have easily taken 88-92 points playing average for the first season with a coach like Sarri. I don't say that because of his ability but the way he tries to play and our roster of 25 players is currently incompatible.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
https://www.football-italia.net/156693/sarri-different-juve-lyon

“I watched Lyon for much of their game with PSG and was surprised at how good their fitness levels were. The problem with these entirely anomalous situations is that we don’t know how they will affect teams. I don’t know if we’ll be in better shape or they will." :klin: :baus:

I am sure a team that has played only one competitive game in months should be at the same fitness levels as a team that has been playing competitive matches for almost two months now.

“The important thing is to judge our own season and not what those on the outside might think. I don’t believe that those who preceded me had bad seasons because they didn’t win the Champions League. Considering all the problems we had this term, we could very easily have lost the Scudetto, so we can be pretty happy to have won.” :touched: :heart:

We should be grateful. This man is a such a winner.

“I discovered patience. I was entirely lacking in it before, but now I seem to have found a little bit.” :rofl: :howler:

Sure buddy. We should be rewarded for enduring the shit show we witness week in week out. We had the patience to endure this shit. Patience my ass- the gall of this man is infuriating.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
https://www.football-italia.net/156693/sarri-different-juve-lyon

“I watched Lyon for much of their game with PSG and was surprised at how good their fitness levels were. The problem with these entirely anomalous situations is that we don’t know how they will affect teams. I don’t know if we’ll be in better shape or they will." :klin: :baus:

I am sure a team that has played only one competitive game in months should be at the same fitness levels as a team that has been playing competitive matches for almost two months now.

“The important thing is to judge our own season and not what those on the outside might think. I don’t believe that those who preceded me had bad seasons because they didn’t win the Champions League. Considering all the problems we had this term, we could very easily have lost the Scudetto, so we can be pretty happy to have won.” :touched: :heart:

We should be grateful. This man is a such a winner.

“I discovered patience. I was entirely lacking in it before, but now I seem to have found a little bit.” :rofl: :howler:

Sure buddy. We should be rewarded for enduring the shit show we witness week in week out. We had the patience to endure this shit. Patience my ass- the gall of this man is infuriating.
Playing every 3-4 days will definitely run a few players into the ground fitness wise...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Playing every 3-4 days will definitely run a few players into the ground fitness wise...
I'm sure you know your stuff, so I am not going to dispute that, but over 90+ minutes, the team that has had more match fitness/practice should prevail, naturally. Also, we have a deep roster for a reason. I don't like Sorri trying to make excuses before the tie has even started. He's such a pathetic loser.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I'm sure you know your stuff, so I am not going to dispute that, but over 90+ minutes, the team that has had more match fitness/practice should prevail, naturally. Also, we have a deep roster for a reason. I don't like Sorri trying to make excuses before the tie has even started. He's such a pathetic loser.
It’s not just about it being an excuse but more like a prime example of self-inflicted harm done to yourself, which you then can come up with and use as an excuse in the eventuality of failure.

- - - Updated - - -

If rest was really that big of a deal then he sure failed in handling the rotation, but again, we all know that if it was the other way around he would have come up with something like us not having match rhytm and etc...

Anyway, whatever.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That's already been proven false but we certainly need to improve a lot next year based on general performances. The points issue after the restart is its own entity, hopefully that doesn't happen again next season.

I still say before lockdown the performances might generally have been stale or mediocre but we were also on course for a regular points season. I would have easily taken 88-92 points playing average for the first season with a coach like Sarri. I don't say that because of his ability but the way he tries to play and our roster of 25 players is currently incompatible.
Our terrible run of performances started before the lockdown. This sort of end to the season was coming regardless of the lockdown imo. The reason we had been on course for a ~90 pt season was because we picked up near maximum pts before December. The league games against Hellas and Napoli in Jan/Feb and the CL game against Lyon showed just how bad the cracks in this side and Sarri’s tactics are.

venus_isle

Sep 23, 2010
1nxaa5i37le51.png

I know regardless what the champ league outcome this season, agnelli and tici are gonna give him another chance.. at least half a season with the new players thats 'in theory' suits sarri style more.

Stats dont lie / an opinion, its a living measure of improvement, so if he cant improve those stats, he gotta get out.

And hopefully.. more like, wishfully thinking Pirlo can be our Zidane.. fuck waiting for that bald guy. Pirlo's hair > his bald ass anyway! lol

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Our terrible run of performances started before the lockdown. This sort of end to the season was coming regardless of the lockdown imo.
Performances? Maybe, but we've done this before without Sarri. We would have had more narrow wins and draws in games we lost. I can say with almost certainty that we'd have more points than 8 out of 24 to end the season, having watched Juve stumble along for long spells over many seasons with different coaches. With a game or two every week it suits us and the make up of our squad.

The way the season ended was certainly pathetic, but the condition and composition of the squad didn't suit the situation that arose whatsoever. We are lucky to have the front two that we have and also for the emergence of Rabiot, because the rest of the midfield was either cooked or injured or Matuidi. No wing depth (or consistent quality - Berna, DC), no fullback depth, no striker depth, limited midfield depth, limited central defence depth. It's not surprising what happened.

We can't carry on with a similarly injury-threatened, old-ass squad into next season in case there is a similar lockdown. Then that would warrant Paratici being out on his ass. Sarri has also shown (again) a glaring weakness for being inflexible. Kulu and Arthur goes some way to helping.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
1nxaa5i37le51.png

I know regardless what the champ league outcome this season, agnelli and tici are gonna give him another chance.. at least half a season with the new players thats 'in theory' suits sarri style more.

Stats dont lie / an opinion, its a living measure of improvement, so if he cant improve those stats, he gotta get out.
The graphs on the left lol. How they almost ran out of space to show how much we sucked this season.

:lol: :sad:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
squad didn’t fit the situation that arose whatsoever. We are lucky to have the front two that we have and also for the emergence of Rabiot, because the rest of the midfield was either cooked or injured or Matuidi. No wing depth (or consistent quality - Berna, DC), no fullback depth, no striker depth, limited midfield depth, limited central defence depth. It's not surprising what happened.
First i want to mention I agree with the rest of your post but not with the part i quoted here.

So, about that, are you suggesting all the teams that beat us after the break(Napoli, Milan, Udinese, Cagliari, Roma) or gave us a hard time where we barelly limped to a draw(Atalanta,Sassuolo) haven’t had more or less the exact same schedule as ours or were they somehow better equipped to handle the one game each three days schedule? Did those teams not have any injuries or suspensions etc during this period or what’s the main point here exactly?

I just don’t get this notion, just no. We can blame it on having relaxed or Sarri experimenting with his tactics, heck even us having so much deadwood around but even then we should be able to handle the Udinese’s or Cagliari’s with or without a tight schedule.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)