Maurizio Sarri (65 Viewers)

Oct 23, 2011
Guys without trolls; do you think that he’ll get sacked?
This is very difficult to say right now. I can't believe that Agnelli watches the games we are watching and is satisfied with the way we are playing. I can hardly imagine next year being any different. This is it, this is simply the football you will get with Sarri unless we will have a massive overhaul of the squad, which we won't have because I don't think 1. we have the funds, and 2. management probably thinks this team is competitive enough to win the Scudetto and make a run in the CL. It would also be against their policy to buy players that suit the current manager's style of play.

For the past 9 years, we stuck with our previous 2 managers (and rightly so because they both have been very successful). But I don't think just winning the Scudetto this year will cut it any longer because of the immense quality difference between us and the rest of Italy so how we perform in the CL should be a deciding factor. IMO what should have happened is continue with "pragmatic" Allegri for the next few years and gradually change the team to a team that would be capable of playing Sarri-type or Guardiola-type football and revisit this change of style later. Having said that, Allegri was perfectly capable (with the right players) to play attractive, fluid but a balanced type of football (see 2017 and especially 2015 when we reached the CL finals). To answer your question, however, It's impossible to read management's minds but I do think they made this decision very conciously last year and they will probably give him another year, regardless of what happens against Lyon.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
It’s hard to not get carried away in the pessimism or optimism after a win or loss.

Overall if we evaluate the season there were some nice things, the revival of some players (Dybala, Cuadrado, Bonucci to a extend) and the CL group went really well. There have been a handful of nice matches aswel, but mostly against small teams

Besides that if you want to get the most out the qualities of a manager you have to give him more then 1 season. We know the Pep, Klopp, Sarri’s 3th season at Napoli arguments.

I think though that Agnelli, Paratici and Nedved know that Sarri was a gamble. The lack of trophies, different philosophy, stubbornness.

But you know when managing Bayern, PSG or Juventus the least they expect you to do is win the league. In the current state of the Serie A it isn’t a big accomplishment, although I think the league is getting stronger.

I think in your first year as manager you have to deliver something besides the Scudetto. He failed practically in al the big matches, we’ve only beaten Inter. Lazio missed like 9 players last week and of course the board knows it.

Then there were the other big games in the Coppa. Two games vs Milan that were awful and the final of course. The same could be said of the Supercoppa. Those trophies don’t value much, it’s usually no problem if we don’t succeed to win them, but having a new manager, who basically has a reputation for not winning trophies, I think Agnelli saw them as good tests to see if Sarri could stay for next season. Obviously he failed.

So overall there are 3 things in Sarri’s favor: his contract, preseason and the fact managers need more than a season. But having failed in the big games I’d be surprised if the board will continue to have faith in him. Everything will change if a miracle in CL will happen, but that’s not very likely (even reaching the QF is the minimum).
Allegri got sacked after winning scudetto and Italian super cup so all depends on how juve perform if we win the champions League then he is going to stay

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
“It’s difficult to find balance at the moment, as everyone in every team is getting tired. We’re also not as aggressive because of that, but I believe organisation is more important than aggression right now. It’s more mental fatigue than physical, as we lost our cool after the equaliser

Sarri's game management is very bad. He knew that his players are tired. But why he keeps a very intense press and aggressively attack them when we are tired and play every 3 days. Absorb their pressure and counter attack. Deliver the final blow if neccessary when we lead

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
You guys think that under a different coach, really, the same team would behave that differently? Bernardeschi and Rugani would regain confidence, Sandro, Pjanic, Higuain, Danilo, Ramsey would regain drive, Costa and Khedira would stop injuring, Matuidi would learn how to play football.

Look at our players, really. Most of them come from a downwards spiral from the last couple of years, and little was done to change it.

My point is not against sacking Sarri. It's that the most important part is to get rid of the many washed up players we have. With him or with a different coach. And none of the coaches in the market, except for Allegri, are that attractive right now.

What I wanna see is Paratici do work, since chance is almost nul he gets sacked.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If he wins the CL he can stay for 4 years and not win shit, I'm cool with that
Big ask Bro. At this point, I'd be going to the nearest Buddhist temple to pray for a win against Lyon :p

- - - Updated - - -

You would really swap the coronavirus affected CL title for a subsequent four years of mediocrity and humiliation at the hands of vastly inferior Serie A sides?
I've been waiting since 96 for a CL title. If winning the CL title means no Serie A for 3-4 years, Covid or not, I'm totally fine with that.

We've been eating pizza and pasta for 9 straight years - there is an element of saturation and complacency. I'd like us to start having Grade A5 Japanese Wagyu beef for a change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)