Maurizio Sarri (10 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
usually idgaf about public opinion, but this time i'm really curious: in the middle of the depression caused by the coppa fiasco, do anyone still believe in scudetto? can we have a voting thread @Mark ?
do you want to jinx it? If yes you can start it. Don't be surprised it gets closed though. :p

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I've got this bad feeling that once Sarri is done with us we'll need somebody for domestic dominance again, first
By that point and time it would mean that everything will have completely fallen apart

- - - Updated - - -

imo, they won't sack Sarri unless things have completely fallen apart.
Which would mean an implicit admission of error by management in pushing Max out to bring Sarri in -- This will never happen

They will let things run their course for things to reach pre-conte lows where the club is mired in mediocrity

The only way remedy is for Agnelli to clean house this summer. Part ways with the trinity of trash.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Conte and Ferarra were unknown quantities, one successful the other not so not a surprise. Zucchini and Del Neri had pedigree and experience but failed badly. Allegri was great for Milan, they punched well above their weight as they were in rapid decline.

Sacking Sarri and not replacing him with a quality manager immediately is madness. Poch is available yes but you want another manager with maybe 1 cup?

When Ronaldo has had problems with the manager at Madrid, he's stepped up and led by example. Criticism motivates him so it's up to him to show Sarri and the media that he's the boss.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I can understand fans saying some things because they are angry, but people in the media (I don't include every wannabe on Twitter) should be able to see things in a bit of context. They speak as if this is a normal season. You can't even call it a split season like an Apertura and Clausura, it's two mini seasons.

Obviously it's the same for every team but there is no 'form' or 'previous' here, essentially we've drawn two games whilst players try to find some kind of match fitness, and more crucially, sharpness. It's just that the situation dictates they would be a cup semi and final. That's the unique situation. Napoli made the most of it, good for them, but it's of no relation to the season postponed. Our new season now is about getting players back to full sharpness for what's left. Literally no one can tell me what the score would be with both teams playing that game in May in a normal season. Just re-write the book. I'm sure Gattuso would have played exactly the same way tactically, but the quality and form of attackers is what defines cup finals.

Forget personnel and tactical systems, we've already stamped our card, nothing is changing until September. When you've got the GOAT playing like Marco "The Goat" Motta you can see there are different issues. He scored something like 16 goals in 13 games before the lock down, even in an unimpressive team. Now you'd think he was finished, he doesn't want to be a striker anymore, hates Sarri, sure to leave. I guarantee they got all that from his frustration at the end of the final. That's how a WINNER reacts, he's not used to not winning. As usual he will make people eat their words.

Our younger players look the better players, but that is common sense. Maybe our old team will kill us and we'll run out of time. Paratici and co couldn't possibly have factored for that in the context of the crisis, it would be revisionist to suggest so. We're still easily good enough to win the league but much depends on who can adapt quickly enough.

I always thought if we were to lose the scudetto it would either come from some risky change from management or lack of desire. Sarri was definitely a risk, and thus far it's not a total failure, but showing problems of his making and that of the directors for not having enough suitable players. When you add in the lock down it's creating further problems and randomisation that could throw up multiple scenarios.

The biggest danger in these early days is Sarri's system - pressing, high tempo, fluidity. Yeah, you can't do that without sharpness. We didn't even look like doing that before the lock down, only in bits and pieces. We did it for 30 minutes against Milan in the semi and then the players faded. So Sarri needs to find a plan B in this bunch of games, and just expecting the players to win it on their own isn't good enough.

We weren't creating enough chances before the lock down either, so why not get the ball forward quicker and overload the team in an attacking sense, at least for spells? Force opponent defenders and attackers to deal with our superior equivalent (at least for Serie A). Trying to create some intricate masterpiece when players are cold makes no sense at all. You can't do the same thing over and over and expect different results - didn't someone say it was the definition of insanity? His inflexibility could cost both us and himself. You can't do fallow years at Juve.

Forget Gasperini. It's the same scenario as Sarri, maybe even more extreme. The club can't move so many players around in one season to suit such coaches (especially not Juve with our old players on big salaries - a management issue started before and continued by Paratici), and no supporter or pundit wants to take a step backwards to take two forwards, it just can't happen here. No one gets 2-3 years to build a team. Allegri was perfect in the sense he was so flexible, but it went stale. We need to move past that. Y'all were frothing at the mouth after you saw the limitations in the CL. Sometimes it's just time.

BTW there was a definite improvement with Sarri from season 1, 2 and then 3 with Napoli. I would say he did better in his first season there than he has done here (considerably, perhaps), but in that third season we were in serious danger of losing the scudetto. Their football was fantastic at times, but their lack of winning experience and bottle showed. We won out on those things, because it certainly wasn't our comparable performances. But that is what happens when you start with suitable players inherited from Benitez (Callejon, Hamsik, Higuain, Insigne, Jorginho, Mertens, Koulibaly), all players who improved. At Juve his attack is built around one GOAT and one champion, who he doesn't really believe can play together in the way he sees football. These kind of coaches are destined to fail unless you give them what they want.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
if any of it is true, at least the "cr doesn't want to play cf" part: that's why we need higuain back in action asap, that's why higuain almost played as many minutes as dybala, and that's probably why the management is chasing milik. dybala is not a 9, cr doesn't want to be one, so there's that. we need a proper cf.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Sarri was on to something before Covid. I blame Covid for the situation we're in. In a few weeks we'll be back to a strong point again. Hopefully just in time for Lyon.
We'll beat Lyon, advance in CL and win the Scudetto. Sign Aouar and give Sarri another season here.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Its remarkable anyone even attempted this. It was so obvious Sarri is the antithesis of everything this club is (should be at least). How could he have possibly succeeded here?

- - - Updated - - -

I can understand fans saying some things because they are angry, but people in the media (I don't include every wannabe on Twitter) should be able to see things in a bit of context. They speak as if this is a normal season. You can't even call it a split season like an Apertura and Clausura, it's two mini seasons.

Obviously it's the same for every team but there is no 'form' or 'previous' here, essentially we've drawn two games whilst players try to find some kind of match fitness, and more crucially, sharpness. It's just that the situation dictates they would be a cup semi and final. That's the unique situation. Napoli made the most of it, good for them, but it's of no relation to the season postponed. Our new season now is about getting players back to full sharpness for what's left. Literally no one can tell me what the score would be with both teams playing that game in May in a normal season. Just re-write the book. I'm sure Gattuso would have played exactly the same way tactically, but the quality and form of attackers is what defines cup finals.

Forget personnel and tactical systems, we've already stamped our card, nothing is changing until September. When you've got the GOAT playing like Marco "The Goat" Motta you can see there are different issues. He scored something like 16 goals in 13 games before the lock down, even in an unimpressive team. Now you'd think he was finished, he doesn't want to be a striker anymore, hates Sarri, sure to leave. I guarantee they got all that from his frustration at the end of the final. That's how a WINNER reacts, he's not used to not winning. As usual he will make people eat their words.

Our younger players look the better players, but that is common sense. Maybe our old team will kill us and we'll run out of time. Paratici and co couldn't possibly have factored for that in the context of the crisis, it would be revisionist to suggest so. We're still easily good enough to win the league but much depends on who can adapt quickly enough.

I always thought if we were to lose the scudetto it would either come from some risky change from management or lack of desire. Sarri was definitely a risk, and thus far it's not a total failure, but showing problems of his making and that of the directors for not having enough suitable players. When you add in the lock down it's creating further problems and randomisation that could throw up multiple scenarios.

The biggest danger in these early days is Sarri's system - pressing, high tempo, fluidity. Yeah, you can't do that without sharpness. We didn't even look like doing that before the lock down, only in bits and pieces. We did it for 30 minutes against Milan in the semi and then the players faded. So Sarri needs to find a plan B in this bunch of games, and just expecting the players to win it on their own isn't good enough.

We weren't creating enough chances before the lock down either, so why not get the ball forward quicker and overload the team in an attacking sense, at least for spells? Force opponent defenders and attackers to deal with our superior equivalent (at least for Serie A). Trying to create some intricate masterpiece when players are cold makes no sense at all. You can't do the same thing over and over and expect different results - didn't someone say it was the definition of insanity? His inflexibility could cost both us and himself. You can't do fallow years at Juve.

Forget Gasperini. It's the same scenario as Sarri, maybe even more extreme. The club can't move so many players around in one season to suit such coaches (especially not Juve with our old players on big salaries - a management issue started before and continued by Paratici), and no supporter or pundit wants to take a step backwards to take two forwards, it just can't happen here. No one gets 2-3 years to build a team. Allegri was perfect in the sense he was so flexible, but it went stale. We need to move past that. Y'all were frothing at the mouth after you saw the limitations in the CL. Sometimes it's just time.

BTW there was a definite improvement with Sarri from season 1, 2 and then 3 with Napoli. I would say he did better in his first season there than he has done here (considerably, perhaps), but in that third season we were in serious danger of losing the scudetto. Their football was fantastic at times, but their lack of winning experience and bottle showed. We won out on those things, because it certainly wasn't our comparable performances. But that is what happens when you start with suitable players inherited from Benitez (Callejon, Hamsik, Higuain, Insigne, Jorginho, Mertens, Koulibaly), all players who improved. At Juve his attack is built around one GOAT and one champion, who he doesn't really believe can play together in the way he sees football. These kind of coaches are destined to fail unless you give them what they want.
Management was lulled into a false sense of security by how competent and especially flexible Maxx was.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sarri was on to something before Covid. I blame Covid for the situation we're in. In a few weeks we'll be back to a strong point again. Hopefully just in time for Lyon.
We'll beat Lyon, advance in CL and win the Scudetto. Sign Aouar and give Sarri another season here.
:rofl:

You mean on to something like getting embarrassed by a shitty Lyon missing two of their best players due to injury, and still dominating us? We were very lucky to only lose 1-0 in that match, and in the form we were in probably would have been knocked out in the return leg with ease.

Thank god for COVID, saving our CL season.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
:rofl:

You mean on to something like getting embarrassed by a shitty Lyon missing two of their best players due to injury, and still dominating us? We were very lucky to only lose 1-0 in that match, and in the form we were in probably would have been knocked out in the return leg with ease.

Thank god for COVID, saving our CL season.
Sometimes I forget that we got bulldozed by Lyon :D Hilarious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)