Maurizio Sarri (98 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
"We had training yesterday and the ball was moving twice as quickly as it did tonight. This is the opposite of what should happen. Lately we’re doing a lot of things opposite to in training.”

“I can’t understand why the ball was moving twice as fast in training compared to the match situation.”

aka blame it all on the players.
Sarri in a nutshell. Throw the players under the bus every time anything goes wrong.

We hired a clueless clown.

- - - Updated - - -

You'd prefer to just blame it all on the coach? You want him to teach them how to kick a ball too? Grown ass millionaire men who have been playing this fucking sport for decades and can't pass a damn ball? Nah, Sarri is doing a terrible job but so are those lazy mofos.

I miss Vidal and Marchisio and the overall grinta Juventus used to be known for, we have a bunch a clowns followed by a bigger clown. I feel for Ronaldo.
I feel for Allegri. Year after year of success and the board refused to back him properly and sort out our midfield issues, finish building a well-balanced squad, instead loading up on injury prone freebies and then expecting Ronaldo to come in and be some kind of cure-all panacea for any problems all on his own.

Buffon, Chiellini, Ronaldo, and Allegri deserve(d) better.

Last edited:

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Love him and love his brilliant mind games, saying Juve is one of the top 12 teams in the world to intimidate Lyon and Garcia while everybody knows we are only 15-16th. Great game and a wonderful healthy loss keep it up mister

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Before the seasons end? If Max doesn't want back there's no point. Spalletti maybe for a few months, but we're fucked in that scenario anyways. Might as well put Barza out there.

After season?

Deschamps or Inzaghi.
Folks keep mentioning Simone Inzaghi. But why is he considered less of a risk than Sarri? Sarri played great football with Napoli, now Simone is doing the same with Lazio. Neither have really won a lot. Just trying to understand the logic here, especially when other managers are available or could be available.

- - - Updated - - -

Was there anybody that was rejoicing when Sarri was hired? Like totally going crazy? I know I wasn't.

Back when Capello was hired, I was pretty happy, and so were some others. But he ended up just being an old Italian asshole who played a straight 4-4-2 with a crazy talented squad who couldn't get past the quarters of the Champions League, playing lethargic, unconvincing football for two straight seasons. We won, but that football was crap.

Maybe it's time to try something other than old Italian assholes. Let's give a middle-aged Spanish asshole a try.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Folks keep mentioning Simone Inzaghi. But why is he considered less of a risk than Sarri? Sarri played great football with Napoli, now Simone is doing the same with Lazio. Neither have really won a lot. Just trying to understand the logic here, especially when other managers are available or could be available.

- - - Updated - - -

Was there anybody that was rejoicing when Sarri was hired? Like totally going crazy? I know I wasn't.

Back when Capello was hired, I was pretty happy, and so were some others. But he ended up just being an old Italian asshole who played a straight 4-4-2 with a crazy talented squad who couldn't get past the quarters of the Champions League, playing lethargic, unconvincing football for two straight seasons. We won, but that football was crap.

Maybe it's time to try something other than old Italian assholes. Let's give a middle-aged Spanish asshole a try.
Simone Inzaghi is old? He’s 43.

I think the attraction to Inzaghi is that he’s a young and promising coach. Lot’s of room to grow and adapt, grow into the role at a big club.

Sarri is 60, stubborn as a mule, and has a pretty narrow vision of how he wants his team to play.

Zidane would be ideal. But if we can’t get a top tier coach like him due to availability, I’d prefer we go for a young, promising coach like Inzaghi who has managed to win 3 trophies with Lazio and has them right up there this year, competing for a scudetto.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

I think the attraction to Inzaghi is that he’s a young and promising coach. Lot’s of room to grow and adapt, grow into the role at a big club.

Sarri is 60, stubborn as a mule, and has a pretty narrow vision of how he wants his team to play.

Zidane would be ideal. But if we can’t get a top tier coach like him due to availability, I’d prefer we go for a young, promising coach like Inzaghi who has managed to win 3 trophies with Lazio and has them right up there this year, competing for a scudetto.
Zidane would be a dream but even Perez is not fool enough to get rid of him if they go out in this round

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Fair enough. I just wouldn't call Inzaghi a proven manager at this point. If he happens to win this Serie A with Lazio, that would definitely rank him up. Would still rather go with someone with more experience, especially abroad in other leagues.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Fair enough. I just wouldn't call Inzaghi a proven manager at this point. If he happens to win this Serie A with Lazio, that would definitely rank him up. Would still rather go with someone with more experience, especially abroad in other leagues.
Nor would I. If he wins Serie A this year, That would definitely have him showing he’s ready for the Juve bench, but even if he just continues their great season, challenging to the end, he’s one of the more impressive young managers out there.

But as I said, Zidane, or someone of his standing should be first choice.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If we go out against Lyon then Sarri needs to be sacked for it.

I am against sacking coaches midseason but i have changed my mind here, if he loses to Inter and cannot turn the tie around against Lyon then kick him out he's beyond "not good enough for Juventus" and into "completely incompetent" level territory.

One thing from in particular from his comments stand out to me "I don’t know why, I cannot get the players to understand the importance of moving the ball quickly. " Getting the players to understand the importance of this is your entire fucking job and here you are admitting that you cannot do it and you do not know why or how to change that. IMO this guy is worse than Del Neri or Zaccheroni because Del Neri or Zacherroni and were struggling with mediocre players.

@Strickland @Afghan_juventus @Nedved96 @pavluska I present to you:

"Wednesday marked the very first time that Lyon have beaten Juventus in European competition having lost three of their previous four such encounters and managing just a single draw "

"not since November 2009 had the Biaconeri lost against French opposition in the Champions League, with the last such setback coming in a 2-0 defeat against Bordeaux in the group stages. "

It is also the first time the French outfit have come out on the winning side in a Champions League knock-out tie since February 2012, when they prevailed 1-0 over APOEL Nicosia. " :lol3:

"Juve are usually a potent attacking threat in European competition, but on Wednesday they failed to test the opposition goalkeeper for the first time in over five years. "

"Juventus have conceded in seven consecutive away games in all competitions, their longest such run without a clean sheet in a single season since May 2010, when they were scored upon for 18 straight matches. "

Last edited:

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
I still don’t understand why Deschamps is so under rated here.

- - - Updated - - -

If Pep and Zidane say no, who else do we have left: Inzaghi (very high risk - can go either way) vs Deschamps (low risk - boring perhaps)

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Deschamps: Ive copied and pasted from Wikipedia

Monaco[76]

Juventus[76]

Marseille[76]

France

Individual

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Deschamps: Ive copied and pasted from Wikipedia

Monaco[76]

Juventus[76]

Marseille[76]

France

Individual

You must be part of Gen Z, that’s already all in our heads but useful for them. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 94)