Maurizio Sarri (43 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...No way he is leaving Lazio now.
even if he would, he can't. a coach is allowed to coach one single serie a team per seasons.

anyway, i'm afraid it's getting increasingly more difficult to save this season. at this point, i'd be happy even with a scudetto win by the tiniest of margins. we have a shit team and zero leadership at the moment.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Of course it was, I've always said players are waaay more important than coaches, it's what they do in the pitch that really matters. Coaches give instructions but players can choose to follow them or not. Players were performing like shit under Allegri too so I never blamed him for everything. But IMO he hit a brickwall and couldn't do anything for the squad anymore so he had to go.

Sarri is basically the same shit now. If he has trained and instructed them to play a certain way, well it ain't fucking working and they aren't listening. But the truth is we could name SEVERAL of those players who again have been under performing for multiple seasons under different coaches. Can't just be the coach's fault. They have to take the blame as well.
Conte is always an example of the impact of a coach on a team's motivation and play. He did it with Juve (transforming us from a 7th placed team to Serie A dominance), Italy, Chelsea (again a 7th placed team to champions in one season), and now with Inter. And almost always a good chunk of the team are new to the team and often include multiple rejects of other clubs mixed with previously under performing players from the same club. His effect on his team's gameplay and motivation is almost instant.

Ancellotti is now proving it again with Everton. They were in free fall and he came in and within weeks you see them playing at a much higher level.

I can buy the "toxic team/club culture" argument at other clubs like Chelsea or United but not Juve. The comparison with Allegri doesnt stand. They started playing like shit after years of success and years of him tinkering and trying all his ideas. He was also never an attacking coach and never will be. Allegri's team had an identity for most of his tenure and did Conte's team (both mostly defensive identities). It only stopped working at the end.

The whole point of bringing Sarri was to inject new hunger and new offensive ideas into the team and thus far he has done neither. These players bought into Conte's ideas and Allegri's ideas for years and implemented them to perfection. If they are not listening to Sarri or dont see merit in his plans then thats on him not on them.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Isn't duty of the coach to get the best out of the players or adapt to the characteristics of his players
In a perfect world, sure. But there are two sides to this story. Think Pep, even he admits he only managed to do what he did with that Barcelona because of the players he had. Having such natural talents like Messi, Xavi and Iniesta at their peak is like starting a 2000m race being at 100m away from the finish line.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Sarri on Sky: "I’m having difficulty getting the idea across to this team that they have to move the ball quickly."

- - - Updated - - -

We had that kind of coach once. What happened?
He wanted to have more say in the transfer policy but our management didn't agree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)