Maurizio Sarri (75 Viewers)

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
3 trophies > 1 trophy

And with a much weaker team than Sarri ever had. All domestic too when people claimed for years you can't judge Sarri's Napoli on trophies because they have Juve for competition.
Sarri finishes above Inzaghi regularly, he does much better than Inzaghi in Europe for sure, Napoli added a lot of value to some of those players and so on. My point is that Inzaghi will be as much of a gamble as Sarri or Pep or Ancelotti or whoever. There are no guarantees.

Now that we are here with Sarri, let those under performing players step it up before we throw the guy under the bus. Of all the attackers Ronaldo, Dybala and Bentancur have earned their paychecks.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Sarri finishes above Inzaghi regularly, he does much better than Inzaghi in Europe for sure, Napoli added a lot of value to some of those players and so on. My point is that Inzaghi will be as much of a gamble as Sarri or Pep or Ancelotti or whoever. There are no guarantees.

Now that we are here with Sarri, let those under performing players step it up before we throw the guy under the bus. Of all the attackers Ronaldo, Dybala and Bentancur have earned their paychecks.
And Inzaghi wins trophies regularly. He doesn't do better than Inzaghi in Europe for sure. Both got eliminated and embarrassed often but at least Inzaghi has something to show for it domestically and he did it with a far worse squad than Sarri had at his last 3 bigger clubs.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I wouldn't call fantastic job being second (once even third) in a league, with the team, that was realisticly second by strenght at that time.
Napoli were fifth and outside the CL spots when he took over. He made them title contenders. Look I know this forum doesn’t like Sarri. I’m not a big fan myself. But there’s no need to be revisionist to make him look worse than he is.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Mourinho failed at United after having control of transfers and plenty of time. Same for Ole. You're expecting Sarri to succeed without time or transfer control. Pep wouldn't succeed here unless he completely overhauls the squad so why are Tuzzers expecting so much from Sarri?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Mourinho failed at United after having control of transfers and plenty of time. Same for Ole. You're expecting Sarri to succeed without time or transfer control. Pep wouldn't succeed here unless he completely overhauls the squad so why are Tuzzers expecting so much from Sarri?
Fair point. He's doing a lot better than I expected before the season began. Some bad results here and there, but so far still on course for our objectives. I suppose it's the manner of our results, as well as what we're used to in previous years that has most of us so pessimistic.

But yeah, I don't think Pep for example would be doing much better with this team.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He’s never qualified for the CL though. And 2 of those trophies are Supercoppas.
Honestly, who expected them to qualify? And if this system of top 4 directly going to CL was in place earlier he would've done it already that year they had to play CL qualis.. And once lost out by a point in that Inter game when De Vrij sold out. I still can't understand why they played him that game.

Exactly, he won two trophies directly against Juve which makes it all the more impressive. Third one he beat Atalanta who eliminated us.

- - - Updated - - -

Napoli were fifth and outside the CL spots when he took over. He made them title contenders. Look I know this forum doesn’t like Sarri. I’m not a big fan myself. But there’s no need to be revisionist to make him look worse than he is.
That was an anomaly year. They still won a trophy that year. And finished 3rd and 2nd two years before that. Then 2nd and 3rd with Sarri with a much better squad. Only extraordinary thing he did in Naples was the 91 pt season. Kudos.

In the sea of embarrassing choke jobs, excuses, zero trophies etc.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Honestly, who expected them to qualify? And if this system of top 4 directly going to CL was in place earlier he would've done it already that year they had to play CL qualis.. And once lost out by a point in that Inter game when De Vrij sold out. I still can't understand why they played him that game.

Exactly, he won two trophies directly against Juve which makes it all the more impressive. Third one he beat Atalanta who eliminated us.

- - - Updated - - -

That was an anomaly year. They still won a trophy that year. And finished 3rd and 2nd two years before that. Then 2nd and 3rd with Sarri with a much better squad. Only extraordinary thing he did in Naples was the 91 pt season. Kudos.

In the sea of embarrassing choke jobs, excuses, zero trophies etc.
ok you’re clearly an Inzaghi fanboy, no point talking to you.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017

Your entire argument that Inzaghi > Sarri rests on the basis that he performed better than Sarri in the Coppa Italia and Supercoppa.

How much do Juve fans really care about those trophies?

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Your entire argument that Inzaghi > Sarri rests on the basis that he performed better than Sarri in the Coppa Italia and Supercoppa.

How much do Juve fans really care about those trophies?
My entire argument is that Inzaghi > Sarri because he won more trophies in more disadvantageous circumstances. When Juve is like we were for the last 5-6 years you're not going to win much domestically. The fact he did + the season he's having this year + all the players he's improving and getting to outperform + he's 18 years younger so his whole future is ahead of him + he's a great man manager and players love playing for him + his team plays easy football on the eye.

Only thing Sarri has on him is that 91 pt season and pushing Juve to the end. If Inzaghi does it with this Lazio team it's over.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
He reached the last 16 in the CL with 5 wins and 1 draw.
He is with Juve on his way into the Coppafinal.
He is the leader of the Seria A.
and everyone complains about him (me as well).:D:D
Personally I am satisfied with overall results even though I expected the team to entertain us little more now that we are in Feb or better finish some matches earlier instead of relying so much on Ronaldo's difference.

That said, I still think Max is by far the best Italian manager ATM, but I am not against Sarri taking little more time to prove himself from the style of play aspect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)