Maurizio Sarri (41 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Tactically I think he's done fine. Its his man management skills that make me worry. We always seem to switch off during key moments in a game and seem to lack that killer instinct. 'The fino alla fine' and 'vincere è l'unica cosa che conta' mentality doesn't seem to exist. (We saw this problem during Allegri's last year too, but not in his first four seasons.)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sarri: 'Juve make too many mistakes'

By Football Italia staff

Maurizio Sarri insists Juventus must “concentrate on how to improve ourselves” rather than neutralise Cagliari, while discussing midfield options.
It kicks off on Monday at 14.00 GMT, click here for a match preview.
“We’ve been working in training on the many errors that we’ve made recently, so before trying to work out how to neutralise Cagliari, we concentrated more on how to improve ourselves,” said the coach in his press conference.
“We’re coming off a game where we got a lot wrong mentally even before the tactical issues. The defence gets the blame when conceding a goal, but I think they’ve not been protected well by the midfield.”
Juve ended 2019 with a defeat, losing 3-1 to Lazio in the Supercoppa Italiana in Riyadh, raising questions over the use of the trident with Paulo Dybala, Cristiano Ronaldo and Gonzalo Higuain.
We’ll see tomorrow, there’s also Aaron Ramsey available who is now in good shape. It’s a game where we will need to pay a great deal of attention behind the ball.
Dybala only worked separately in training yesterday because he had a slight muscular issue, but nothing serious. Douglas Costa is always an option, although we need to take time to get him back into shape after a serious injury.
“Matthijs de Ligt had shoulder and adductor problems, so it was a difficult spell for him, especially after playing so much. Merih Demiral was in good form, so we had the opportunity to rest De Ligt. I’ll decide tomorrow who starts.”
Sami Khedira and Giorgio Chiellini are injured, with Rodrigo Bentancur starting a three-match ban after his red card in the Supercoppa.
At this moment, we are trying Adrien Rabiot on the right side of midfield, while Emre Can could play central midfield or on the right. We’ve also started working on Federico Bernardeschi over the last few days.
“Rabiot seems ok physically and has been improving, but he still gives off the impression of someone who can do more.”
Juventus have already made their first purchase of the 2020-21 season, paying €35m plus bonuses for Dejan Kulusevski from Atalanta, although he’ll remain on loan at Parma.
“He is an interesting figure,” said Sarri. “Transfers are not by area, but evidently the conditions could not be met to bring him in straight away. The most important thing is that the club always gets there first for these young talents.”

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2007
Its tough bc on one hand we need someone to link the attack well and make our attack more fluid. The flip side is our defense getting exposed. We need more ball handling mids but also the ones we have leave the defense exposed. This causes us to play slower by design to protect the defense more which makes us look shitty and also be predictable. I hope Rabiot and Bentancur can have a good spell and continue to improve and also Ramsey at AM or Costa. That would be the most balanced IMO but who really knows

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Its tough bc on one hand we need someone to link the attack well and make our attack more fluid. The flip side is our defense getting exposed. We need more ball handling mids but also the ones we have leave the defense exposed. This causes us to play slower by design to protect the defense more which makes us look shitty and also be predictable. I hope Rabiot and Bentancur can have a good spell and continue to improve and also Ramsey at AM or Costa. That would be the most balanced IMO but who really knows
I think if we stick with this 4-3-1-2 with Dybala, Ronaldo and Higuain at least one of the midfielders needs to be disciplined and sit deeper to protect the defensive and help stop counters. Problem is that when Cuadrado doesn't play there is no width going forward so you need the right mid in the 3 to get forward. You also need Pjanic to have the freedom to come forward.

A big issue is the fact that we take 20 passes to do something another team could do in 5, so we slowly and gradually bring everybody up the pitch leaving huge gaps behind them.

Apr 19, 2007
I think if we stick with this 4-3-1-2 with Dybala, Ronaldo and Higuain at least one of the midfielders needs to be disciplined and sit deeper to protect the defensive and help stop counters. Problem is that when Cuadrado doesn't play there is no width going forward so you need the right mid in the 3 to get forward. You also need Pjanic to have the freedom to come forward.

A big issue is the fact that we take 20 passes to do something another team could do in 5, so we slowly and gradually bring everybody up the pitch leaving huge gaps behind them.
I disagree about the slow part. We move slow to keep compact and not leave room. Thats why after the first 5 games or slow we started to get boring. Also with the trident up there we move quicker and are exposed more with no defensive cover. If Ramsey is back and actually healthy I think he can add a lot as far as speed and defensive workrate

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Sarri: 'Juve make too many mistakes'

By Football Italia staff

Maurizio Sarri insists Juventus must “concentrate on how to improve ourselves” rather than neutralise Cagliari, while discussing midfield options.
It kicks off on Monday at 14.00 GMT, click here for a match preview.
“We’ve been working in training on the many errors that we’ve made recently, so before trying to work out how to neutralise Cagliari, we concentrated more on how to improve ourselves,” said the coach in his press conference.
“We’re coming off a game where we got a lot wrong mentally even before the tactical issues. The defence gets the blame when conceding a goal, but I think they’ve not been protected well by the midfield.”
Juve ended 2019 with a defeat, losing 3-1 to Lazio in the Supercoppa Italiana in Riyadh, raising questions over the use of the trident with Paulo Dybala, Cristiano Ronaldo and Gonzalo Higuain.
We’ll see tomorrow, there’s also Aaron Ramsey available who is now in good shape. It’s a game where we will need to pay a great deal of attention behind the ball.
Dybala only worked separately in training yesterday because he had a slight muscular issue, but nothing serious. Douglas Costa is always an option, although we need to take time to get him back into shape after a serious injury.
“Matthijs de Ligt had shoulder and adductor problems, so it was a difficult spell for him, especially after playing so much. Merih Demiral was in good form, so we had the opportunity to rest De Ligt. I’ll decide tomorrow who starts.”
Sami Khedira and Giorgio Chiellini are injured, with Rodrigo Bentancur starting a three-match ban after his red card in the Supercoppa.
At this moment, we are trying Adrien Rabiot on the right side of midfield, while Emre Can could play central midfield or on the right. We’ve also started working on Federico Bernardeschi over the last few days.
“Rabiot seems ok physically and has been improving, but he still gives off the impression of someone who can do more.”
Juventus have already made their first purchase of the 2020-21 season, paying €35m plus bonuses for Dejan Kulusevski from Atalanta, although he’ll remain on loan at Parma.
“He is an interesting figure,” said Sarri. “Transfers are not by area, but evidently the conditions could not be met to bring him in straight away. The most important thing is that the club always gets there first for these young talents.”
But Tuz thinks we should play a lighter midfield

- - - Updated - - -

Glad that he has finally realised that the midfield is offering no protection to the defence. Just hope he has realised that we are exposed down the flanks.
He realized the former a long time ago - after Lecce game. That's when we became more conservative and started scoring less goals. Only tried changing back recently but we clearly weren't ready yet.

But yeah, team desperately needs more width, more so when we have the ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)