Maurizio Sarri (64 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sarri is exactly the right coach to achieve the goals this club is aiming for

Look at how we crush these Italian minnow clubs since he took the helm. We’re playing amazing attacking football, passing is velvety and arousing thus resulting in us bombing in goals at an unprecedented rate. Sarri has this club on a trajectory to win every trophy available this season.
I find it highly amusing that the Sarri boiz kept saying it’s hard to score lots of goals and crush the minnows that park the bus and stay compact, that we’ll see true Sarrismo against teams that attack and play an open game against us.

Lazio is the best of the open, attacking play, mediocre Defense teams we have played so far, and they just smashed us 6-2 over 180 minutes.

What happened? :boh:

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Not sure what kind of point he's trying to prove by sticking with this system when it's basically the opposite of what he's known for. When it gets decimated by Lazio over two matches, it's time to change.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
PI, give it time my friend. Forgetting Lazio Serie seems to have less goals scored but even if teams park their bus, Juve should still score plenty. If Sarri did it at Napoli, it should be done here. CL trophy or outta here!

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Not sure what kind of point he's trying to prove by sticking with this system when it's basically the opposite of what he's known for. When it gets decimated by Lazio over two matches, it's time to change.
Hopefully he is willing and able to change. What he does after this defeat will say a lot about him as a coach

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He was known at Empoli for his 4312. Even started with it at Napoli, then changed to 433 after 3 games without a win to start the season.

Guess that's the only thing that'll make him change, actual defeats and draws in a row in Serie A. As long as we keep winning...

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Hopefully he is willing and able to change. What he does after this defeat will say a lot about him as a coach
He will probably suck down a few cartons of cigs because that’s the kind of mental fortitude and discipline a leader would do after a defeat like this

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
How many games under Allegri we played well for full 90 minutes, two-three times per season? Games are always up and down, its rarely onesided
Sure but we sacked Allegri when the performances didnt improve and the results dried up. Sarri was supposed to bring an improvement to our performances and to get better results than Allegri's last season.

This still looks like the last few months of Allegri's tenure, despite having a better squad. Being similar to the lowest point of the Allegri era despite having better resources is not okay or mediocre. He still has till the end of the season to turn it around but so far he is definitely flopping.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it highly amusing that the Sarri boiz kept saying it’s hard to score lots of goals and crush the minnows that park the bus and stay compact, that we’ll see true Sarrismo against teams that attack and play an open game against us.

Lazio is the best of the open, attacking play, mediocre Defense teams we have played so far, and they just smashed us 6-2 over 180 minutes.

What happened? :boh:

Do you still think we should have stayed with Allegri or do you think it was time for a change only Sarri is the wrong coach?

I am increasingly leaning towards the latter (wrong coach).

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018

What happened?
Do you remember Napoli - RM in the Champions League round of 16 a couple of years ago? Napoli looked formidable and very confident during some time spans in those games, but eventually they got destroyed by Madrid's midfielders. Ironically, the score in both of those games was also 1-3.

That was sarriball against a strong attacking team in a nutshell. Of course, one might say that it was the best attacking team in the world out there. Sure, but that was the best "sarriballing" team in the history of the sarriball too.

As I can understand it from what people have been writing on Tuz, that's exactly the pattern Sarri's Juventus has shown so far. So, everything goes as it should be expected.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Sure but we sacked Allegri when the performances didnt improve and the results dried up. Sarri was supposed to bring an improvement to our performances and to get better results than Allegri's last season.

This still looks like the last few months of Allegri's tenure, despite having a better squad. Being similar to the lowest point of the Allegri era despite having better resources is not okay or mediocre. He still has till the end of the season to turn it around but so far he is definitely flopping.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you still think we should have stayed with Allegri or do you think it was time for a change only Sarri is the wrong coach?

I am increasingly leaning towards the latter (wrong coach).
I dont think we shouldve stayed with Max, it was time to part. I thought Conte was the right coach, we never went for him and the bastard went to Inter.

Sarris doing better than I thought hed at the start of his Juve career, hopefully it works out

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
By the way, funnily enough, those two games against Real Madrid were the ones after which a lot of people got impressed by sarriball. They thought that, well, that was RM Napoli was playing against, there was no shame in losing against the kings of the tournament, especially for such an underdog as Napoli was considered to be in that pair. They believed that if Sarri had some big team at his disposal then he would be able to dominate any big opponent not only for 20 or 30 minutes, but for the entire game, and they would be unstoppable.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
He was brought in to improve the attacking play and not be scrapping past crap teams by one goal so far he has achieved none of that with a better squad than max had last year and have played every bit as bad as last year and are relying on individual brilliance from the 3 forwards to win matches every game and nothing to do with hes football.

It took him untill december to realise that Berna sucks ass and the trio is the way to go and were now coming january and hed still picking Matuidi over rabiots and the likes, who has not been given a chance here to play and the midfield will never work with him playing in it. I see Alot of hypocrites here that were giving max crap for not smashing crap teams last year with the GOAT but are giving sarri a pass for the same thing.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Hopefully he is willing and able to change.
He isnt, he actually basically never does. Thats why his career stats in big games since he came to Napoli is so poor. No matter what he doesnt adjust or fix, it's one gameplan and that it's there to stay no matter what. We won against his Napoli often for same reasons, as did several others, can't adjust to being exposed. Teams man marked out Jorginho in Chelsea and do you he tried something else? Nope, kept being raped in the league while still letting them read him like an open book, just give away counters and let Jorginho be hounded.

My only hope with him was that his main gameplan will somehow work brilliantly with the team and they fly high with it (even if in CL that wont work, everyone adjust to in game moments, even stubborn naive Pep).

But since that isnt happening at all, and I know he won't be fired no matter what this season, I just hope they seriously already start looking for his replacements in summer.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He isnt, he actually basically never does. Thats why his career stats in big games since he came to Napoli is so poor. No matter what he doesnt adjust or fix, it's one gameplan and that it's there to stay no matter what. We won against his Napoli often for same reasons, as did several others, can't adjust to being exposed. Teams man marked out Jorginho in Chelsea and do you he tried something else? Nope, kept being raped in the league while still letting them read him like an open book, just give away counters and let Jorginho be hounded.

My only hope with him was that his main gameplan will somehow work brilliantly with the team and they fly high with it (even if in CL that wont work, everyone adjust to in game moments, even stubborn naive Pep).

But since that isnt happening at all, and I know he won't be fired no matter what this season, I just hope they seriously already start looking for his replacements in summer.
True his past is bad but did he not change to the 4-3-1-2 after his preferred formation didn't work? He also has been willing to rotate players. maybe he has matured after the chelsea failures? :xfinger:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He played 4312 in Empoli, same briefly in Napoli, changed core formation twice in Chelsea. But it means little, because his actual gameplan and football idea is allways the same rigid one. Very pedestrian stylistic heavily centralized possession game that actually doesnt improve the attack, zero width use (pass in circles approach), while having the added bonus of exposing your defense more.

The numbered letters for the formation is less important when his core idea for the football is so stubborn and predictably mediocre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)