Maurizio Sarri (96 Viewers)

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
By the way, funnily enough, those two games against Real Madrid were the ones after which a lot of people got impressed by sarriball. They thought that, well, that was RM Napoli was playing against, there was no shame in losing against the kings of the tournament, especially for such an underdog as Napoli was considered to be in that pair. They believed that if Sarri had some big team at his disposal then he would be able to dominate any big opponent not only for 20 or 30 minutes, but for the entire game, and they would be unstoppable.
Are you talking about the 2016-17 UCL campaign, round of 16?

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
How do you like the idea of using Ramsey instead of Matuidi. I expected Bentancur to switch sides with Ramsey. This is lineup isnt bad at all.

Tek
Cuads-Demiral-Bonucci-Alex Sandro
Bentancur-Pjanic-Ramsey
Costa-Dybala-Ronaldo

Rabiot could come as sub for Ramsey and Higuain when one of the front trio isnt having a good game.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
How do you like the idea of using Ramsey instead of Matuidi. I expected Bentancur to switch sides with Ramsey. This is lineup isnt bad at all.

Tek
Cuads-Demiral-Bonucci-Alex Sandro
Bentancur-Pjanic-Ramsey
Costa-Dybala-Ronaldo

Rabiot could come as sub for Ramsey and Higuain when one of the front trio isnt having a good game.
Rabiot and Costa in the starting 11? That’s a complete write-off. They are both available less than half the time.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I dont think we shouldve stayed with Max, it was time to part. I thought Conte was the right coach, we never went for him and the bastard went to Inter.

Sarris doing better than I thought hed at the start of his Juve career, hopefully it works out
You thought we'd do worse than the shit we are seeing? :O

How low was your opinion of him?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
if no signings in january, i think Sarri should go for the 3-5-2. both to solidfy the defense and tighten midfield

demiral/Can-Bonucci-De Light/Chiellini

Cuadrado-Bentancur-Pjanic-Ramsey-Sando

Ronaldo-Dybala/higgy

you guys know i'm right and this is the best formation to take advantage of all the players, and give balance to team. 100% serious

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
At the beginning of the season Sarri complained about the lack of symmetry in the squad. That was more than just a tiny irrelevant remark. It actually said a lot about his system.

What does the symmetry mean? It means that your team essentially consists of two mirrored vertical parts. It gives you the possibility to throw waves of identical attacks from both flanks and the monolithic center at the opponents to make them dizzy and nervous. Also, it makes much easier the synchronized movement of all the lines back and forth, which, combined with quick automated passing, can give you a system that might be difficult to deal with from the opponents' perspective.

That's what it looks like in theory. In practice though the symmetrical team means that it's pretty easy to neutralize, because the symmetry is usually obvious and predictable. The symmetry essentially excludes tactical flexibility by design. You're either symmetrical or tactically flexible. For example, in the symmetrical system it doesn't really matter if your wingers swap the flanks or not, it won't change anything.

And, on the contrary, the more asymmetrical team you have, the more flexibility you have on the pitch. It can be even calculated mathematically (just draw the graph of all the unique links you can build if your team is 100% asymmetrical). But such flexibility requires a lot of intellectual efforts from both the manager and the players. Juventus had the master of flexibility at helm before he was replaced by Sarri. But I don't want to restart that old discussion, so I'll leave this post unfinished.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sure but we sacked Allegri when the performances didnt improve and the results dried up. Sarri was supposed to bring an improvement to our performances and to get better results than Allegri's last season.

This still looks like the last few months of Allegri's tenure, despite having a better squad. Being similar to the lowest point of the Allegri era despite having better resources is not okay or mediocre. He still has till the end of the season to turn it around but so far he is definitely flopping.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you still think we should have stayed with Allegri or do you think it was time for a change only Sarri is the wrong coach?

I am increasingly leaning towards the latter (wrong coach).
:tup:

After the lacklustre displays against Ajax, and the piss-poor last half dozen matches in the league (scudetto wrapped up already, so hard to motivate, but still not the greatest excuse), I was fine with moving on from Allegri, with some fresh new motivations and ideas. Allegri also seemed to be in need of the same, a little burnt out and constantly bickering and sparring with the press. I would have been fine having him remain at the helm too, if our management reinforced and rejuvenated the team with his input, especially in the midfield, but that didn’t seem the case so it was best for all parties to amicably diverge.

However, the expectation was that we would replace him with someone of similar pedigree, or a young and up and comer with some fresh ideas and drive. We did neither, instead replacing him with an old, stubborn mule with zero pedigree. Sarri’s unexpected pragmatism and motivation of a few underperforming players like Dybala and Bonucci is a positive, and the results in league and CL group stage have been good, but Lazio just shone a bright shining light on this team’s weaknesses, and Sarri’s tactical weaknesses, and he did zilch to address that over the two matches, 3 weeks apart.

So I’d agree, leaning to the latter, that it was time for a change, and we’ve just hired the wrong manager.

However, I hope I’m wrong and he turns things around. Our tactics aren’t providing any support at all for our world class attackers, far worse than anything but the last couple months of last season under Max, and that needs to be addressed.

I hope we don’t sack him mid-season, because I can’t stand clubs that pull that shit unless in completely dire circumstances, but if we don’t improve and we end up failing in both the league and CL he should be gone in the summer.

Last edited:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
:tup:

After the lacklustre displays against Ajax, and the piss-poor last half dozen matches in the league (scudetto wrapped up already, so hard to motivate, but still not the greatest excuse), I was fine with moving on from Allegri, with some fresh new motivations and ideas. Allegri also seemed to be in need of the same, a little burnt out and constantly bickering and sparring with the press. I would have been fine having him remain at the helm too, if our management reinforced and rejuvenated the team with his input, especially in the midfield, but that didn’t seem the case so it was best for all parties to amicably diverge.

However, the expectation was that we would replace him with someone of similar pedigree, or a young and up and comer with some fresh ideas and drive. We did neither, instead replacing him with an old, stubborn mule with zero pedigree. Sarri’s unexpected pragmatism and motivation of a few underperforming players like Dybala and Bonucci is a positive, and the results in league and CL group stage have been good, but Lazio just shone a bright shining light on this team’s weaknesses, and Sarri’s tactical weaknesses, and he did zilch to address that over the two matches, 3 weeks apart.

So I’d agree, leaning to the latter, that it was time for a change, and we’ve just hired the wrong manager.

However, I hope I’m wrong and he turns things around. Our tactics aren’t providing any support at all for our world class attackers, far worse than anything but the last couple months of last season under Max, and that needs to be addressed.

I hope we don’t sack him mid-season, because I can’t stand clubs that pull that shit unless in completely dire circumstances, but if we don’t improve and we end up failing in both the league and CL he should be gone in the summer.
Firing him in middle of season would be justified if Inter goes 9 points ahead of us or if we risk losing the title early feb or march.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
if no signings in january, i think Sarri should go for the 3-5-2. both to solidfy the defense and tighten midfield

demiral/Can-Bonucci-De Light/Chiellini

Cuadrado-Bentancur-Pjanic-Ramsey-Sando

Ronaldo-Dybala/higgy

you guys know i'm right and this is the best formation to take advantage of all the players, and give balance to team. 100% serious
3-4-1-2 is the way to go or 3-4-3. I wont sacrifice front three for the likes of Matuidi, Can, or Rabiot.
If we play with 3 at the back. We could easily deploy Berna at LWB when Sandro is strugling to get forward or when we’re chasing the result.

Woj
Demiral-Bonucci-MDL
Cuadrado-Pjanic-Bentancur-Alex Sandro
Dybala
Higuain-Ronaldo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)