Maurizio Sarri (72 Viewers)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
To be honest, Costa and Ramsey were rubbish for the entire time they were on the pitch. And understandably so, as neither has played much at all, and they are terribly out of form.
Agree. It looked like they were thrown there with no instructions whatsoever. When Ramsey came on he was a Trequartista. Then Matuidi went off he was playing on his position (why not sub Ramsey for Matuidi and Costa for Higuain). Then Costa started on the left he couldnt do shit, moved to the right.
If Cuads was starting with Costa from minute one Ljulic wouldnt have taken too many risks going forward.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Recall Allegri then. But why wouldnt we hire non Italian coach? We seem to be moving on from the club we use to be...
would love that. But I reckon Allegri is happy to try a new experience overseas and then take a NT job before ever considering coming back here. He’d be perfect tho

The only foreign coach we’d go for is Guardiola and that’s because he speaks fluent Italian. But he won’t come here because he’d want almost full control over our transfers and he won’t get that. And he’s no yes man.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Simone spanked him, and maybe it was even a good thing. Stop fooling yourself with triangle against running teams. Stop playing Blaise, and put Rabiot and Ramsey. They are not great, but it’s the best option Paratici left.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
This team is getting no where near the CL - come on. We’ve played 2 teams all season in decent form (Inter & Lazio) and we’ve been dragged all over the place. Both these teams are so far below top European level, I hate to imagine what happens when we play a team in Europe that can play football
Luck might be on his side. We get Lyon now, then we get Leipzig. :p.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
This team is getting no where near the CL - come on. We’ve played 2 teams all season in decent form (Inter & Lazio) and we’ve been dragged all over the place. Both these teams are so far below top European level, I hate to imagine what happens when we play a team in Europe that can play football
I know but we have lowly Lyon. More time for Sarri to get it together for the final 8.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Inter didnt drag us all over the place. We also played Napoli before they went to shit and also played Atalanta away. Dunno about Atletico, but surely Lazio and Inter are not the only decent opposition weve faced

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
would love that. But I reckon Allegri is happy to try a new experience overseas and then take a NT job before ever considering coming back here. He’d be perfect tho

The only foreign coach we’d go for is Guardiola and that’s because he speaks fluent Italian. But he won’t come here because he’d want almost full control over our transfers and he won’t get that. And he’s no yes man.
Demote Paratici and give keys to Guardiola. Agnelli is supposedly someone with a vision so he should be able to see this strategy wont work. Unless our goal is Serie A and at most CL qf every season. But winning CL with Paratici, Nedved and another yes man who will be pleased with any scrub in the middle they hand him is a pipe dream.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Inter didnt drag us all over the place. We also played Napoli before they went to shit and also played Atalanta away. Dunno about Atletico, but surely Lazio and Inter are not the only decent opposition weve faced
The inter game we edged but we got schooled against Lazio twice and now you mention it Atalanta played us off the park. I’m not sure how we won that game. Napoli we bossed the first half but then nearly threw that away with some terrible defensive mistakes and a fortunate goal at the end.

we could very easily be in 5th or 6th this season. We’re defensively all over the place and our attack is toothless because it has no supply

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Demote Paratici and give keys to Guardiola. Agnelli is supposedly someone with a vision so he should be able to see this strategy wont work. Unless our goal is Serie A and at most CL qf every season. But winning CL with Paratici, Nedved and another yes man who will be pleased with any scrub in the middle they hand him is a pipe dream.
I would like to think Agnelli dreams of the CL. But I get the feeling the club is more interested in off-field bullshit and trying to create a “brand” than actually win the trophy we all crave. It seems like we are content being a team that sweeps up everything in Italy and makes the QF (maybe the odd semi final) every now and again in the CL.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
How's it working out for Pep ever since leaving Barca CL wise? Only thing he guarantees are high demands and the league title.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
The Inter game is the only game this season where we played well for the full 90 mins in Serie A.

One. Single. Game.

This is your fucking Sarri ball.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Atletico and Napoli are both rubbish this year. And we shit the bed in the second half of the first match against both.

We played well against Atalanta and Inter. And have put in embarrassing performances twice against Lazio. Those are the tough matches we have played this year.

Funny thing, we played well against Inter, a compact, defensive team, but got thrashed twice by an attacking, open, poor defensive team in Lazio, the style that Sarriball advocates keep saying we will thrive against. There was all the space in the world available against Lazio and we created next to nothing in 180 minutes. Doesn't bode well for when we face a good team in CL.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
We have quality options at CB that deserve to start most games

We have fullbacks that are better wingbacks than fullbacks

Our midfield options continue to be underwhelming

We lack genuine width

Solution : play 3 at the back

But I guess this is too radical a change for Sarri.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Sarri knows how to be flexible during matches

for example, when he can't smoke on the touchline he chews on a stick like a rabid dog

but hey, look at teh historic achievement he's already achieved with Juve in the CL group stages. Simply astounding

- - - Updated - - -

Can't blame Sarri for fielding MDS. But the guys who hired him (Paratici and Nedved) can be blamed for signing MDS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)