Maurizio Sarri (48 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I’m waiting for the 3-0 avg score line I was promised. I thought he would enable this team to crush minnows.

But now the knee pad gang is resorting to blaming players. This is all so eerily familiar
I thought you didn't care for 3-0 scorelines (neither did I) but wanted Allegri esque pragmatism.

So what you complaining about now 11 games in?

Since June, we've had 10 diff conclusions already. A new one every two weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Sarri is focussed on improving our Defense and our individual players first. He will get to the pesky team-play plus attacking conundrum next year. :boh:
No one quoted that post. I thought you submitted & put me on ignore. Way to submit & pretend to ignore which is only slightly cuckier. :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
On one hand we are way better at playing out from the back. Our build up play looks better and we are creating more clear cut chances.
Our counterattacking also looks way better.

On the other hand we are having trouble converting the chances and keeps making bonehead mistakes in defense. If it happens once in a while you might be able to call it individual mistakes, but if it keeps happening it’s most likely due to a lack of cocentration/ motivation, which ultimately is the coach’s responsibility.

He’s insistance on playing Matuidi and Khedira is frustrating and we often look like only starting to play in the second half.

All in all I am happy with the start he has had here, allthough I am expecting this team to be much improved when we come to the CHL knock out fases.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I’m waiting for the 3-0 avg score line I was promised.
I myself am still waiting for us to drop below Atalanta and into the EL as I was promised by doomsdayers like @Bianconero_Aus

Allegri advocates convinced everyone that style does not matter and only results do. In that case, none of them can complain about our season so far. We’ve scored 29 out of 33 available points so far in Serie A and have 7 out of 9 points in the UCL. We are also the only unbeaten team in Europe's top 5 leagues.

I can only take complaints about our style of play seriously if it comes from a member who also criticized Allegri for his shit on a stick football in his last 2 seasons here.

Jun 6, 2015
I myself am still waiting for us to drop below Atalanta and into the EL as I was promised by doomsdayers like @Bianconero_Aus

Allegri advocates convinced everyone that style does not matter and only results do. In that case, none of them can complain about our season so far. We’ve scored 29 out of 33 available points so far in Serie A and have 7 out of 9 points in the UCL. We are also the only unbeaten team in Europe's top 5 leagues.

I can only take complaints about our style of play seriously if it comes from a member who also criticized Allegri for his shit on a stick football in his last 2 seasons here.
You're finally seeing the light :tuttosport:

:agree: Results all the way baby.

For your last paragraph I have to say that I can only take complaints regarding Allegri's style of play seriously if it comes from a member who also criticizes Sarri for his shit on a stick football.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
On one hand we are way better at playing out from the back. Our build up play looks better and we are creating more clear cut chances.
Our counterattacking also looks way better.

On the other hand we are having trouble converting the chances and keeps making bonehead mistakes in defense. If it happens once in a while you might be able to call it individual mistakes, but if it keeps happening it’s most likely due to a lack of cocentration/ motivation, which ultimately is the coach’s responsibility.

He’s insistance on playing Matuidi and Khedira is frustrating and we often look like only starting to play in the second half.

All in all I am happy with the start he has had here, allthough I am expecting this team to be much improved when we come to the CHL knock out fases.
I'm also happy with the start. This is the best you could hope for, results wise, considering we don't have Chiellini. Our record without Chiellini in the past can't be good. I expected multiple losses by now.

I was also expecting tons of counters against us but I think we've actually defended very well. The team is very compact in all phases. From the preseason, I was scared we would be wide open between the lines but we're not. I thought our pressing would be completely disjointed but I think it's worked pretty well.

Everything we concede just seems to be a ridiculous error. I think about a third of them are directly attributable to MDL having to step in immediately for Chiellini.

I also didn't expect us to change formation so quickly. I thought for sure he would just smash whoever he could into the 4-3-3. Although I kind of wish he would actually be meme level Sarri and do that.

But I think, most importantly, I have to re-evaluate everything I knew of Sarri. I think I'm confident now that he's not a poor coach. He is at least capable.

Edit: For me, when a coach is dead set on a certain formation, I mark him down a grade. I almost take him less seriously because it's so illogical to just immediately exclude all other ways of playing. So in this sense, I was weary of Sarri. But immediately he showed me that he's not actually truly like that. So even without looking at the results, I'm happy that he's "pragmatic'.

Of course, this was Allegri's biggest strength. You have to find the solutions so that your team has a chance. You can't just put your head down and say "please do this every time, thanks".

Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
But I think, most importantly, I have to re-evaluate everything I knew of Sarri. I think I'm confident now that he's not a poor coach. He is at least capable.
I think that his stint at Napoli was enough evidence to show that he is at least a capable coach. The way some people reacted to Sarri’s appointment was absurd, like we had appointed Del Neri or Solskjaer.

The real doubt around Sarri is that he’s untested in big UCL games.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You're finally seeing the light :tuttosport:

:agree: Results all the way baby.

For your last paragraph I have to say that I can only take complaints regarding Allegri's style of play seriously if it comes from a member who also criticizes Sarri for his shit on a stick football.
imagine calling 17-18 Juve “shit on a stick football”. 86 league goals. +62 goal differential. Smashed a domestic double with 95 pts and a 4-0 win in Coppa final. Smashed cl winners Madrid 3-1 at the Bernabeu in the qfs, only going out on a dodgy last second penalty.

Such shit. :baus:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
imagine calling 17-18 Juve “shit on a stick football”. 86 league goals. +62 goal differential. Smashed a domestic double with 95 pts and a 4-0 win in Coppa final. Smashed cl winners Madrid 3-1 at the Bernabeu in the qfs, only going out on a dodgy last second penalty.

Such shit. :baus:
Yeah, good thing we didn't fire him in September of 2015 like you & the other premature ejaculaters wanted.

Give yourself a couple of years.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Hey, leave Del Neri alone. No professional coach deserves to be grouped in the same category with Ole.
As you know I’m not the biggest Allegri fan, but it pisses me off when Manure fans turn their nose up at him when discussing future managers. Just read the “Allegri considering Man United job” thread on redcafe.

In the current state that club is in these guys should be on their knees willing to suck Max’s dick just to get his signature. I’m astounded at how ignorant they are. They should consider it a holy blessing that a manager of Max’s caliber would even consider that shithole.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Americans make the most sense about soccer. Look at Reddit and this forum.

Big footy fans in Europe are your passionate (emotional) avg Joe type and arsenal, Dortmund fans + ultra types.

Those type of people in murica have been hardcore American football fans (till knee-gate, now they're confused). More rational muricans are ones who like soccer & tennis.

- - - Updated - - -

Generally, teams in CL play a more open game, and those games have been ideal for us so far. Big teams tend to open up & attack more. In that sense, CL has been the least of concerns.

We've been deadly on counters, not so much with possession otherwise, just small improvements.

And makes sense Sarri has been focusing on defense first like most coaches and improving players individually.

- - - Updated - - -

@Hængebøffer And based on previous Sarri seasons you guys were repeatedly complaining about how attacking we'll be in expense of defense (which if you paid attn to Sarri's last two seasons wasn't true).

Now you're complaining about us not scoring enough instead. What makes you happy in life exactly?

And PI, Brutto & co have been flip flopping between the two on literally a weekly basis. Facepalm & howler.
:rofl:
And please open your eyes. We don’t know how to defend anymore.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I thought you didn't care for 3-0 scorelines (neither did I) but wanted Allegri esque pragmatism.

So what you complaining about now 11 games in?

Since June, we've had 10 diff conclusions already. A new one every two weeks.
Not complaining. I'm just calling out what all the knee padders proclaimed would be as our new reality with this genius at the helm. I mean, with the bar set so low for him, he should be issuing a tactical nuke on these minnows in Serie A. You folks wanted entertaining football compared to one goal differential results. What excuse do we have at 11 games in?

Go ahead. I'll wait for your reply.

- - - Updated - - -

You were one of the knee padders who proclaimed we will see 3-0 and 4-0 results along woven into an entertaining form of football that would make you enjoy watching this team play. I can only imagine how much more entertaining it is winning by single goal margins while he gnaws on straws like a teething child.

But as long as your contingent are entertained that's all that matters.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Not complaining. I'm just calling out what all the knee padders proclaimed would be as our new reality with this genius at the helm. I mean, with the bar set so low for him, he should be issuing a tactical nuke on these minnows in Serie A. You folks wanted entertaining football compared to one goal differential results. What excuse do we have at 11 games in?

In the very post you just quoted & replied to: "neither did I." I don't much care for "entertaining football." So I'm not sure what you're on about.

His last Napoli season and Chelsea (2nd half, post adjustment...coz you know...he isn't as inflexible as you oddly thought up & regurgitated) teams weren't high scoring, defensively fragile sides.

He played 4312 with empoli, started Napoli stint with 4312 before quickly adapting & changing to 433 seeing I wasn't working. You guys labeled him as strictly 433 man and wanted 4312. He's playing 4312 now, out of necessity or not, and you're now complaining about that too.

All the mindless complaints about lack of rotation... immediately quelled after a month.

Half the players in the XI are playing better under him.

You've been going back and forth between defense is key, attack isn't important to vice versa based on whatever floats your boat that given week. Currently, it's Sarri is too pragmatic...like Allegri.

And I could go on.

Out of all your (plural) mindless repetitive complaints, what have you been right about exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

And how have you not learned from past mistakes already?

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

You were one of the knee padders who proclaimed we will see 3-0 and 4-0 results along woven into an entertaining form of football that would make you enjoy watching this team play. I can only imagine how much more entertaining it is winning by single goal margins while he gnaws on straws like a teething child.

But as long as your contingent are entertained that's all that matters.
And you and your butthurt cry baby friends promised us doom and gloom, group stage exit of the CHL and battling for fourth place, with this giant downgrade, Del Neri level of a coach.
Personally I am entertained. At times by the much improved football, but first of all by the continued meltdown of a segment of the fan group, bitching and moaning about our ex-coach all day long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)