Maurizio Sarri (71 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
These preseason tours where the team travel every 2 days aren't helpful for a new coach wanting to introduce new ideas. Once the entire team assemble and return to full training in Turin we'll see what happens.
We have plenty of time till next Match now. These Asian games were all about fitness levels

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Meh whatever. It’s not like Max was on course to win the CL with us. The guy was flat out of ideas and it got worse even thought we had GOAT.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile B_Aus and Jck will continue their meltdown :touched:
Well, it’s ok. They may very well be 100% right and we will look silly. That’s how it usually is when a new coach comes. Everyone is quick to take a side one way or the other. You did it with Max and look how that turned out :D

I didn’t want Sarri but he is here now so let’s see what he can do. Give him a few months.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
is that the coffee butler?
Lol jajaja its the guy

- - - Updated - - -

So, just so I understand the meltdowners:

1.) We have had like, 2 weeks of preparation under a new coach and philosophy?
2.) A new CB that literally joined the team the day it left for Asia
3.) Another new CB
4.) Our best CB at home nursing another injury.
5.) Two of our best attackers are still at home (Dybala/Costa)
6.) Arguably our best well-rounded CM (Ramsey) hasn't even played a single minute
7.) Sandro is still gone
8.) Today we had two youngsters start, and two of our youth players scored decent goals.
9.) Still integrating new players for foreign leagues
10.) Not counting these teams have had longer preseason preparation than we have so far

**Does anyone not recall that season under Max where we started the season bleeding goals? Or I guess that doesn't matter.

**I guess everyone also forgot how dreadfully predictable we were under Max in attack. But hey, that 1-1 against the mighty MLS allstars last preseason that we had to win on PKs was really a 3-0 win for Juve

**Let's ignore the 2017 season where we lost the Suppercoppa to Lazio (LOL) even though many chalked that up to still in preseason form where there were complaints that we lost to Tottenham right before the loss to Lazio

**Hate to bring up the dreary 1-1 draw against Melbourne Victory in 2016 where we conceded goals in EVERY SINGLE FRIENDLY under Max (Tottenham, Melbourne, Espaynol, South China (LOL), and Westham)...actually, we didn't conceded against Juve U-23. Consequently, we went on lose to Milan on penalties in the SuperCoppa as well :baus:

Hey nerds, if we haven't figured out how to fix the defense in a couple months then panic all you want. All I'm trying to say is give the fucking coach some time and for gods sakes let the players we have learn what needs to be done under this guy BEFORE we jump off a cliff.

Calma
But max... :sad:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
It's not only those two, It's not a meltdown, and it also doesn't have to do with how we perform in meaningless pre season friendlies.

Just like me, they've been sceptical and negative about the Sarri signing ever since, for several obvious reasons pointed out like a 1000 times by now.
We will have to be patient with it. Make judgements later, after some meaningless matches its rather pointless to start flaming

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It's not only those two, It's not a meltdown, and it also doesn't have to do with how we perform in meaningless pre season friendlies.

Just like me, they've been sceptical and negative about the Sarri signing ever since, for several obvious reasons pointed out like a 1000 times by now.
I don’t know why it’s so hard for certain people to understand.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
why the ones who overate allegri are the ones who hate sarri.
Why are the ones who overrate the crass chainsmoking hobo the ones who constantly bash Allegri? :seven:

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile B_Aus and Jck will continue their meltdown :touched:
Like your far more epic meltdown over Allegri :lol3: not to mention several years of Beppe inspired meltdowns. :touched:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Meh whatever. It’s not like Max was on course to win the CL with us. The guy was flat out of ideas and it got worse even thought we had GOAT.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it’s ok. They may very well be 100% right and we will look silly. That’s how it usually is when a new coach comes. Everyone is quick to take a side one way or the other. You did it with Max and look how that turned out :D

I didn’t want Sarri but he is here now so let’s see what he can do. Give him a few months.
Who knows what Max would have done given proper quality CMs like Rabiot and Ramsey, and a rejuvenated central defense with De Ligt and Demiral (Turkish Chiellini lel). And whoever else we buy.

I think it was likely time for a change mostly due to the fresh motivations and ideas that can be inspired by a change of coach, but that hardly is indicative that Max, who took us to two CL finals, wouldn’t have found success with a rejuvenated squad (which is another way to gain those fresh motivations).

Anyways, what’s done is done. Even if I don’t like Sarri, I’m excited and somewhat optimistic about the new year. And curious to see if the chainsmoking hobo can surprise.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Cringe.

Well, I suppose I better see a CL title this year, yes?

Because we did a domestic double and were 1-1 sixty minutes into the CL final in Allegri’s first season...
I never said CL title, and seriously Cardiff is history let alone Berlin. Last season gave many reasons to believe that we would ever get close to a CL final any time soon let alone win it. A fresh approach was needed. Whether Sarri is the answer remains to be seen, but you can't deny Allegri's time was up

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I never said CL title, and seriously Cardiff is history let alone Berlin. Last season gave many reasons to believe that we would ever get close to a CL final any time soon let alone win it. A fresh approach was needed. Whether Sarri is the answer remains to be seen, but you can't deny Allegri's time was up
Love those moving of goalposts

No, it will be a FAILURE if sarri doesn’t win the CL with this squad. Let’s use the same standards you hypocrites used with Allegri for this guy.

The fact is we have downgraded with Sarri and no amount of pretty passing triangles and “attacking football!!!11” will convince me otherwise. Unlike you, with a PROPER coach and one or two more key additions, we can easily be favourites to win the CL.

With Sarri and his suicidal football? Lmao no chance. His crazy high-line will leave us exposed against the top teams in Europe that’s for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)