Maurizio Sarri (77 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I would pay to see The look on Sarri's face when he has the first training session and sees that off-the-ball movement is practically non-existant in our team and is something he will need to teach our players from scratch.

I wouldnt be surprised if some of our players even wonder what off the ball movement is and will be completely surprised when they find out that thry actually have to move without the ball to open up space
:rofl:

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Only one name come out in my mind to fill Jorginho role. Marco Veratti, and I already check on Whoscored , he has 90%+ Passing success rates
But I am okay if we got Rabiot on free though
According to whoscored.com Chiellini is close to that % and they also rank passing as one of his strengths who needs a new regista when you've got Chiellini. :baus:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
According to whoscored.com Chiellini is close to that % and they also rank passing as one of his strengths who needs a new regista when you've got Chiellini. :baus:
Actually Chiellini is very good passer, very accurate crosser too. Chiellini’s problem is running with the ball, he is very clumsy. Sometimes opposition players just leave him go all the way because they know he will fuck it up in the end. Ive seen Chiellini drible past 2-3 players.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Chiellini is good for short passes, he might look awkward, but he very rarely fucks up the simple ones. Shouldn't attempt long balls though and when Giorgio goes on a slalom past 3 opposition players you know your team is running out of ideas and passion

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Actually Chiellini is very good passer, very accurate crosser too. Chiellini’s problem is running with the ball, he is very clumsy. Sometimes opposition players just leave him go all the way because they know he will fuck it up in the end. Ive seen Chiellini drible past 2-3 players.
Very good passer? No, he isn't.

He has certainly improved from where he once was and he is better than someone as clumsy as himself looks.

Jan 5, 2011
If Sarri wants Gigi to come back to be a leader in the dressing room and then join his staff, I have to admit. That is a pretty good first step as coach
Are you kidding me lol. Gigi finished as a player, and we have Cr7 as a leader in the dressing room already. If there is one player that should come back it is Marchisio the leader.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Are you kidding me lol. Gigi finished as a player, and we have Cr7 as a leader in the dressing room already. If there is one player that should come back it is Marchisio the leader.
Who cares if he is past his prime at this point. He is only going to be the backup. It's his leadership and qualities off the pitch are what is going to matter more to this team.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I have some bad feeling about system transition to play Sarriball

This feeling very similar to one when Gigi Del Neri are appointed as coach
I just hope I am wrong
it won't be pretty at the start, it will take a while to drill the concept to acceptable levels. Napoli lost or drew their first 5 games under Sarri and Chelsea didn't manage to learn his footie at all. we'll also have Cuadrado, Bentancur, Dybala and A.Sandro joining late as surely they'll take a couple weeks off after Copa, so that sucks.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
it won't be pretty at the start, it will take a while to drill the concept to acceptable levels. Napoli lost or drew their first 5 games under Sarri and Chelsea didn't manage to learn his footie at all. we'll also have Cuadrado, Bentancur, Dybala and A.Sandro joining late as surely they'll take a couple weeks off after Copa, so that sucks.
We used to have to wait for more than half the season for the squad to start gelling together and to arrive on something resembling a stable starting 11. He will have plenty of time at his disposal to get it to click. Plus 90% of Serie A bends over to us even when we are at our worst. We should be fine (results wise) unless Conte really pulls off another miraculous season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)