Maurizio Sarri (61 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I think Ronaldo will only be able to play as the center toward in his 4 3 3
Unless he does go back to a 4 3 1 2
why? i don't think Insigne or Hazard were doing that much defensive work, Ronaldo surely is capable of pressing the defenders similarly to them.
only question is can he handle giving up a large portion of the goals to Dybala/Higuain/Icardi/Mandzukic/Kean or whoever would play as the 9.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
why? i don't think Insigne or Hazard were doing that much defensive work, Ronaldo surely is capable of pressing the defenders similarly to them.
If he plays that wing position he will need more freedom
Let's see

What we do know for sure and it's something I've wanted for a while is that no matter who we play, we will play our game, our style, our plan.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
If he plays that wing position he will need more freedom
Let's see

What we do know for sure and it's something I've wanted for a while is that no matter who we play, we will play our game, our style, our plan.
looking at how things went at Napoli at first and then Chelsea, it might take a while :D

Sarri started at Napoli with 1W-3D-1L in the league and at Chelsea you could say that over the course of season the players never really grasped his concept of footie. We have a lot of experienced heads out there and hopefully they learn quickly, but I"m looking forward to some rough first few weeks at least.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
looking at how things went at Napoli at first and then Chelsea, it might take a while :D

Sarri started at Napoli with 1W-3D-1L in the league and at Chelsea you could say that over the course of season the players never really grasped his concept of footie. We have a lot of experienced heads out there and hopefully they learn quickly, but I"m looking forward to some rough first few weeks at least.
I mean down the track, hopefully we won't sit back and against other top teams in Europe

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
If Pep and Klopp were unavailable, we should've pushed hard for Valverde, Tuchel or Kovac, at least those guys are doing well and winning unlike all the other failing coaches in the big leagues. :agree:
Perhaps we should have checked if Pep, Klopp, Poch or other established/promising coaches were available before sacking Max. Just a thought.

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Perhaps we should have checked if Pep, Klopp, Poch or other established/promising coaches were available before sacking Max. Just a thought.
Whats with the Poch love and Sarri hate? It's not like Mauricio is some up and coming tactical revolutionary, the guy has been managing for a decade now and still hasn't won anything besides coach of the month awards. Why do you consider him as someone worthy to replace Max? From someone who shames Sarri for winning so little, you seem to have quite a soft spot for Poch, I'd have thought you rate Tuchel, Kovac and Valverde a lot more.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Whats with the Poch love and Sarri hate? It's not like Mauricio is some up and coming tactical revolutionary, the guy has been managing for a decade now and still hasn't won anything besides coach of the month awards. Why do you consider him as someone worthy to replace Max? From someone who shames Sarri for winning so little, you seem to have quite a soft spot for Poch, I'd have thought you rate Tuchel, Kovac and Valverde a lot more.
sarri not being a proven winner is not a biggie for me. conte, lippi or deschamps never won either before arriving to juventus. it's his style as a human being. if you don't get it, i'm fine with that. as for his coaching, the lack of rotation, his one-trick-ponyness might cause some issues. as a whole package, i think we could have done better, but i won't ride this idea anymore until he's our coach. i just hope he won't embarrass us by being himself.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I mean down the track, hopefully we won't sit back and against other top teams in Europe
Ideally, yes. However, I'm dreading the scenario were Sarri fails to get his ideas across and after a while we resort to the same crippled shitshow Chelsea were playing last season, that'd be worse than our Ajax performances. I see him similarly to Mourinho in the regard that he takes a while to shape the team and is more likely to peak in second season, which sucks in our situation where our 2 best players are nearing the end of their careers.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk
I think the mngt was determined to let him one more year, yet the players didn't after securing the championship, they deliberately played bad, they didn't even respect his fairwell game.
He had shown favorism on some players, particularly Bonucci, De Ciglio and Khedira, favored them too much, at the expense of the team's performance and this didn't bode well with the rest of the players.
The mngt was put in a difficult situation, our past has shown that they had a really hard time to find a half decent solution and prolly Sarri was the best they could do...

Strickland

May 17, 2019
sarri not being a proven winner is not a biggie for me. conte, lippi or deschamps never won either before arriving to juventus. it's his style as a human being. if you don't get it, i'm fine with that. as for his coaching, the lack of rotation, his one-trick-ponyness might cause some issues. as a whole package, i think we could have done better, but i won't ride this idea anymore until he's our coach. i just hope he won't embarrass us by being himself.
we survived Bonucci, Licht and Dybala all publicly telling Max to fuck off in the space of few months, we'll also survive Sarri calling Fonseca gay or giving a middle finger to some Inter fans. :D might have to go in silenzio stampa more often lol

enzo

May 14, 2012
The treatment of our fans aside, I think Sarri is a lot more approachable than many other managers as a person and as a character. He is in it for the game, not for the money. I believe he is authentic and honest. That doesn't necessarily mean I have to agree with him though.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Exactly!
This is the main reason Max HAD TO GO NO MATTER WHAT.

Hopefully and probably with Sarri it won't happen.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Some input from chelsea fans about sarri
Sorry for the long post.

Chelsea fan here
Sarri didn’t really experiment much in terms of system or formation. He did at times play conservatively/pragmatically when we were playing Liverpool and City.
I’d say his rotation was fine. There were some positions which he rotated quite often like RW, LCM, ST and LB. He rotated a lot more than I think he did with his Napoli team.
The expectations that we had on our SB Nation’s page at the start of the season was to get us back into the top 4, which he did, whilst hopeful integrating some youth players, which he also did.
I think he’ll do better at Juve given that he probably has players better suited his style and a much deeper squad. The Chelsea squad we have now is one of the worst we’ve had in a long time. He might require time to change play style but I’m sure it’ll be a thing to behold once it’s done.

Sure, though admittedly our fan base was pretty split on this
Sarri was fairly consistent in his lineup selections. There were certainly times in the first half of the season that I was frustrated with his refusal to integrate more members of the squad (particularly youth). I do think that was accentuated due to it being his first season, and Chelsea having played a very different system prior to his arrival. I believe with another season, we would have seen him spend more time imprinting his ideas on those outside his top XI. As the season progressed, he incorporated our younger talent well (RLC, Hudson-Odoi), though many of our fans feel it was too little, too late.
As far as experimentation, I found Sarri to be pretty rigid, though he softened on his stubbornness as the season progressed. I think it is really important to him that he gets HIS way of football drilled into the squad. It appeared that as the squad became more comfortable with is base formation and system, he was willing to show more flexibility. I would NOTexpect flexibility early on in the season while he attempts to drill in his style.
For me, Sarri highlighted a growing division in our fan base. I’m not honestly sure I could answer your last question, because the expectations of the fans were so varied. I don’t know how anyone could realistically look at what he inherited, compare it to what he accomplished, and walk away disappointed. Alas, many CFC fans feel exactly that way. It’s my honest belief that our divisiveness led him to feel unwelcome and contribute to his desire to return home, though again, that wouldn’t be unanimous.
I apologize for the long post. All said, the guy gave us everything he had and was largely never given a chance. In the face of that, he always treated our fans, the media and his players with respect. I hope that he at least receives the same in his career ahead.
Good luck!

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It's not a problem. Think of how Mertens moved all over the place as his false 9. Ronaldo's position is the very least of our problems, he will score around 30 goals again.
Yeah I just think he will be that false 9

What are you expecting signings wise? Napoli getting Manolas makes me wonder if we've put in an offer for Koulibaly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)