Maurizio Sarri (144 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I don't understand how anyone could look at what Sarri did at Napoli and not credit him. Sure, he didn't win anything but he was a bee's dick away from winning the Scudetto for a record amount of points with far fewer resources than Juve.
At Chelsea he had a costly slump. His side showed they weren't going to take to a Napoli style of play and once that became apparent they adapted and ground out some good results. That demonstrates that he knows how to get his teams to win ugly as well IMO.

When I think of Allegri at Milan, he wasn't particularly impressive. His Milan won Scudetti over next to no competition. Eventually they lost to a Juve which was inferior on paper. Their European form was so so - I don't remember them making any deep run in the CL. The thing is that Allegri had the ingredients, he just needed a club with the right resources and the right culture. Management obviously see in Sarri things they saw in Allegri and Conte, otherwise they wouldn't have recruited him.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
So you cant win and have fun? These two are mutually exclusive only for Mourinho and Allegri.
what about sarri? he never won anything in his life, except with chelsea - and that team played like shit. also, the fun part: only napoli had some fun with him. the same team that played attacking football with benitez, ancelotti and mazzarri too.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don't understand how anyone could look at what Sarri did at Napoli and not credit him. Sure, he didn't win anything but he was a bee's dick away from winning the Scudetto for a record amount of points with far fewer resources than Juve.
At Chelsea he had a costly slump. His side showed they weren't going to take to a Napoli style of play and once that became apparent they adapted and ground out some good results. That demonstrates that he knows how to get his teams to win ugly as well IMO.

When I think of Allegri at Milan, he wasn't particularly impressive. His Milan won Scudetti over next to no competition. Eventually they lost to a Juve which was inferior on paper. Their European form was so so - I don't remember them making any deep run in the CL. The thing is that Allegri had the ingredients, he just needed a club with the right resources and the right culture. Management obviously see in Sarri things they saw in Allegri and Conte, otherwise they wouldn't have recruited him.
Wat? Do you just like making things up? At Chelsea, they started very well, were undefeated after 12 rounds and in the title race... and then he had a terrible last 2/3 of the season in Premier League, only staying in the top 4 because all the other top sides choked even worse. He collected 44 points from the last 26 matches of the season, which is terrible. They had 1 win in their last 5 matches of the season while fighting for a CL spot. :lol: that they ground out some good results after they adapted. Certainly not in the league.

In the joke competition called Europa League, they won, so fair play to him for that, but they were by far the biggest club in that competition this year, and faced no one of note before the final (Malmo, Dynamo Kiev, Slavia Prague, Eintracht Frankfurt = So stronk) so hardly something to get super excited about.

And lol. Allegri managed to get out of the CL group stage every year at Milan, even after they sold all their stars. Sarri managed to get knocked out of the group stage by Shaktar during his record-setting year. :lol3:

He has a lot to prove here, because aside from some "pretty" football at Napoli he's done nothing yet. Hope he does show he can be an elite coach here, because it would suck pretty bad to waste one of Ronaldo's last years with a classless chain-smoking bum if he doesn't get results.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I just think we need a new identity on the field. Allegris last season saw no identity at all...we looked lost...and let's face we could all manage juve and win the scudetto.

So for me I'm happy to see what Sarri can bring...I'm hoping to see a team that doesn't lack imagination and plays to destroy teams. I feel we rarely smashed teams under allegri. I want plenty of goals but solidarity in defence.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I just think we need a new identity on the field. Allegris last season saw no identity at all...we looked lost...and let's face we could all manage juve and win the scudetto.

So for me I'm happy to see what Sarri can bring...I'm hoping to see a team that doesn't lack imagination and plays to destroy teams. I feel we rarely smashed teams under allegri. I want plenty of goals but solidarity in defence.
No, we couldnt manage Juve and win title. Wth?! :crazy: :rolleyes: A lot is happening behind the scene we arent aware of, preparations, instructions, managing players overinflated egos, etc...

Our last 2 seasons under Max were a bit of letdown, whether it was the midfield getting considerably weaker as the years went by and our shift in focus on players that make difference in the final 3rd, etc... so maybe we needed new manager to reboot things. Not sure if 60 yo Sarri is the right choice though. He is atypical Juve coach.

Last edited:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Wat? Do you just like making things up? At Chelsea, they started very well, were undefeated after 12 rounds and in the title race... and then he had a terrible last 2/3 of the season in Premier League, only staying in the top 4 because all the other top sides choked even worse. He collected 44 points from the last 26 matches of the season, which is terrible. They had 1 win in their last 5 matches of the season while fighting for a CL spot. :lol: that they ground out some good results after they adapted. Certainly not in the league.

In the joke competition called Europa League, they won, so fair play to him for that, but they were by far the biggest club in that competition this year, and faced no one of note before the final (Malmo, Dynamo Kiev, Slavia Prague, Eintracht Frankfurt = So stronk) so hardly something to get super excited about.

And lol. Allegri managed to get out of the CL group stage every year at Milan, even after they sold all their stars. Sarri managed to get knocked out of the group stage by Shaktar during his record-setting year. :lol3:

He has a lot to prove here, because aside from some "pretty" football at Napoli he's done nothing yet. Hope he does show he can be an elite coach here, because it would suck pretty bad to waste one of Ronaldo's last years with a classless chain-smoking bum if he doesn't get results.
One could say we keep winning Serie A because other team choke. Good argument.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
No one cares for EL trophy... fyi
If we ever won it, ill see what your opinion will be on that. No one cares for about EL but everyone cares about Seria A that we have won 8 times in a row? A stupid argument. Every single trophy counts and if you look at Sarri when he was given the EL medal, you will see how much it meant to him. If this year we have won it instead of Chelsea, we would all have been extatic.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If we ever won it, ill see what your opinion will be on that. No one cares for about EL but everyone cares about Seria A that we have won 8 times in a row? A stupid argument. Every single trophy counts and if you look at Sarri when he was given the EL medal, you will see how much it meant to him. If this year we have won it instead of Chelsea, we would all have been extatic.
What? No we wouldn’t be ecstatic. We would have been asking for Allegri to be fired for finishing 3rd in his CL group you muppet. Ecstatic if we won Europa League this year... :rofl:

@Dru @JCK

True #sarriboi ambition

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 143)