Maurizio Sarri (108 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
No, but we Juve are not in a position to laugh at any European trophy. The last one we won was 23 years ago. We haven’t won any trophy in Europe since, CL or EL.

I desperately wanted to see us win the EL in 2014.
I dont share the sentinent. Aside from 2014, I wouldnt care for EL trophy and I hope we never get to play there because it would mean we failed meeting objectives.

Last trophy was in 1999, Intertoto cup ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Back in the 90s Uefa Cup meant something, because runners up competed and you had some of the best players in the world participating. It was pretty good competition to watch. Epic games against Dortmund, Parma, etc... it has been watered down since and I dont pay any attention to it.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No, but we Juve are not in a position to laugh at any European trophy. The last one we won was 23 years ago. We haven’t won any trophy in Europe since, CL or EL.

I desperately wanted to see us win the EL in 2014.
What a troll :rofl:

Yeah, competing in Europa League means you absolutely failed in your domestic competition or flubbed the group stage badly like 2014.

You have to be retarded to suggest we’d have been ecstatic about winning EL any of the past 5 seasons under Allegri because of these conditions alone.

So yeah. Considering we’ve been competing in CL last 8 in four of the last 5 years, and played two finals... We are in a position to laugh at that joke of a trophy you can win playing Malmo, Dynamo, Slavia, Eintracht in the knockouts.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
So yeah. Considering we’ve been competing in CL last 8 in four of the last 5 years, and played two finals... We are in a position to laugh at that joke of a trophy you can win playing Malmo, Dynamo, Slavia, Eintracht in the knockouts.
Arsenal, Napoli and Inter were also in the Europa League this year, so the overall strength of the competition isn’t any weaker than Serie A.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Arsenal, Napoli and Inter were also in the Europa League this year, so the overall strength of the competition isn’t any weaker than Serie A.
Both Serie A and EL are spare competitions. Nothing to brag about conquering. I guess that’s why it’s convenient to set the expectation for Sarri so low. Doing the bare minimum justifies your positional argument.

Keep telling yourself that serie A and EL are both something to write home about :lol: and keep setting low expectations for yourself and the things you concern yourself with. It’s a great way to live

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
In that case, what was so special about Allegri?

You’ve literally just discredited Max’s time here.
Because he didn’t win 4 straight domestic doubles and take us to within 45 minutes of a CL title twice. :baus:

You change coach to improve on that, it’s called progression, which is what ambition is... @Dru is pointing out the obvious. Changing coach to be satisfied with Serie A + CL qfs is certainly not progression (it’s a step back), and it’s the exact opposite of ambition.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Because he didn’t win 4 straight domestic doubles and take us to within 45 minutes of a CL title twice. :baus:

You change coach to improve on that, it’s called progression, which is what ambition is... @Dru is pointing out the obvious. Changing coach to be satisfied with Serie A + CL qfs is certainly not progression (it’s a step back), and it’s the exact opposite of ambition.
:agree:

It’s sad that there are very few here in who can grasp this

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017

The question is not whether Sarri can do better than what Allegri did for Juve in his prime. The question is whether Sarri can do better than Allegri could if Allegri continued at Juve. If the answer is yes, the we are justified to change coaches.

Allegri in his last two years regressed hugely. When you compare our 2016/17 squad to our 2018/19 squad, our 2018/19 squad is superior in most areas. We have Ronaldo instead of Higuain, we have more depth in attack (Berna, Costa) and in midfield (Matuidi, Can, Bentancur); and yet our gameplay has regressed enormously.

In the last few months under Allegri we played Del Neri level football and got outplayed by any decent team.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
The question is not whether Sarri can do better than what Allegri did for Juve in his prime. The question is whether Sarri can do better than Allegri could if Allegri continued at Juve. If the answer is yes, the we are justified to change coaches.

Allegri in his last two years regressed hugely. When you compare our 2016/17 squad to our 2018/19 squad, our 2018/19 squad is superior in most areas. We have Ronaldo instead of Higuain, we have more depth in attack (Berna, Costa) and in midfield (Matuidi, Can, Bentancur); and yet our gameplay has regressed enormously.

In the last few months under Allegri we played Del Neri level football and got outplayed by any decent team.
You’re only using the chapters that are convenient for your anti-max agenda.

Try taking a look at the bigger picture and his entire body of work. There is a reason he’s the one of the clubs most prestigious coaches

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So do you agree with or deny the claim that we stagnated and regressed under Allegri in the last two years?
Of course we did. A big part of that is his inability to get the team motivated like in the past, aside from when in a hole the last two season. And our midfield and defense stagnated and aged which didn’t help.

Give Allegri De Ligt, Ramsey, Rabiot, Romero/Demiral and whoever else for this year. Fresh faces and motivations. And I guarantee he’d have us competing for CL again with a better balanced squad.

Regardless, I’m fine with the club moving on from Allegri, but your buffoonish statements about Sarri being better and more successful in Europe are the statements of a complete dumbass. Sarri has proved nothing yet. Let him win something before anointing him and acting like a twat about our third most successful manager of all-time and the one who put us back on the map.

And yes, I will judge his successor 100% relative to what Allegri did in his best seasons here. Doing otherwise would be stupid. Especially given the team being assembled.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Allegri will always remain one of the best coaches we had, but for some reason he lost it the past the Season. He didnt find his starting XI the entire season.

But his 4312 was the best football since recent times in Juve.

Buffon
Lichtsteiner Bonucci Chiellini Evra
Marchisio Pirlo Pogba
Vidal
Tevez Morata

Goat memories

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Give Allegri De Ligt, Ramsey, Rabiot, Romero/Demiral and whoever else for this year. Fresh faces and motivations. And I guarantee he’d have us competing for CL again with a better balanced squad.
We improved the squad plenty from 2016/17 to 2018/19, and yet our football did nothing but regress.

Ronaldo > Higuain
Costa > Pjaca
Bernardeschi > Hernanes
Bentancur > Sturaro
Matuidi > Lemina
Emre Can > Rincon

Of course, you can argue about how this time it would be different etc...

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
We improved the squad plenty from 2016/17 to 2018/19, and yet our football did nothing but regress.

Ronaldo > Higuain
Costa > Pjaca
Bernardeschi > Hernanes
Bentancur > Sturaro
Matuidi > Lemina
Emre Can > Rincon

Of course, you can argue about how this time it would be different etc...
Pjanic & Khedira 2017 > our entire midfield

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)