Maurizio Sarri (24 Viewers)

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
He should’ve introduced Costa for Ramsey in the last 30 minutes to kill Roma on the counter, and maybe Danilo for Cuadrado to avoid a second yellow for Cuad but Dybala should’ve played the full 90 minutes.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
He tried 6 players at AM this season and he still didn't find the solution for that position. Our transfer policy might fuck us really hard this season. Inter is close to us in the league and CL is harder to win then ever.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

that was funny actually. something like: "has juve changed me? my wife tells me that i'm still the same dickhead."

once again, we ran too many risks in defense. i don't even expect a clean sheet these days, and that's something i wasn't used to. thanks to fonseca for introducing kalinic, that sub was perfect for us.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
The Dybala for Higuain sub with 30 minutes left is very bad. You leave yourself with no subs just to go from Dybala to Higuain? And you're looking for counters so it's not even clear that you would actually want Higuain over Dybala anyways.

The risk so greatly outweighs the reward there. If Cuadrado doesn't play hurt for the last 10 minutes we could have conceded easily.
What’s your take on the subs otherwise? One of the things I hate about the 4-3-1-2 is that our RB/LB is left alone to defend two players most of the time. If he goes forward to press the RB/LB it leaves room behind him an one of the CB has to come out to close that space down. If he marks the winger the RB/LB has all the time in the world to put in a cross. That’s why I liked that we shifted to a 4-3-3, but for me it should have been Costa instead of Dybala. Then again we should have scored at least twice on the counter to see out the game.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

worst defense by far, 3rd weakest attack, but more importantly, 3rd most points, and top of the league. good job overall, maurice, still, there's plenty elements of our game to improve on.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I haven't been on this forum for a while but I am sure everyone is highly critical of Sarri.

However, I have to say I really do think we are playing much better football. Its a very different style of play with very quick passes and high press Its the kind of play that takes time to sink in to the whole squad. But I really think we will be much better as the season progresses. I feel that our football under Allegri peaked. Whereas I see us getting better under Sarri but there will be numerous hick ups until we get there.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

worst defense by far, 3rd weakest attack, but more importantly, 3rd most points, and top of the league. good job overall, maurice, still, there's plenty elements of our game to improve on.
Just to add CHL group stage stats in Conte, Allegri, Sarri era:
2012/2013: 12 points, 12GF 4GA
2013/2014: 6 points, 9GF 9GA
2014/2015: 10 points, 7GF 4GA
2015/2016: 11 points, 6GF 3GA
2016/2017: 14 points, 11GF 2GA
2017/2018: 11 points, 7GF 5GA
2018/2019: 12 points, 9GF 4GA
2019/2020: 16 points, 12GF 4GA

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
What’s your take on the subs otherwise? One of the things I hate about the 4-3-1-2 is that our RB/LB is left alone to defend two players most of the time. If he goes forward to press the RB/LB it leaves room behind him an one of the CB has to come out to close that space down. If he marks the winger the RB/LB has all the time in the world to put in a cross. That’s why I liked that we shifted to a 4-3-3, but for me it should have been Costa instead of Dybala. Then again we should have scored at least twice on the counter to see out the game.
Yeah, things improved in attack and defense both after switch to 433. We just couldn't finish our counters and still held the line too deep but shape improved. Could tell before game based on Roma's lineup that more width would be better even more so than other games.

So, I don't get the complaints about the subs and switch to 433 either. Only thing - should've tried Dybala as F9 first before subbing Higuain in. Don't know why Allegri was and now Sarri is allergic to trying Dybala in that role.

Pointing out one or two things you didn't like about the game is fine, but no comment on general moaning about a good result at a tough venue. I compared them to FIF a while ago, more are doing the same now.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
To me this problem you described is simply unavoidable in the 4-3-1-2. The decision to switch to a 4-3-3 was necessary so I was happy with that sub. I think the most effective late game setup to defend and counter though is probably Costa-Ronaldo-Cuadrado

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Would Rather play 3 at the back than that waste of space.
:shifty:

3 at the back requires an extra CB, that CB being Rugani.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how he plans on treading with our CB situation. Going to have to get Rugani playing immediately.
Plan with Can as CB maybe? It's the position he's the least annoying to watch, and he's not a wimp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)