Maurizio Sarri (133 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Lol of course no one is actually posting "I hope we lose so I can rant about Sarri". But if you take a look at the live thread and Sarri thread during the matches when we're losing/drawing, some people definitely enjoy the chance to shiton our coach.
Well I can only speak for myself but I feel frustrated watching the club move backwards, especially during live games.

While I don't blame Sarri entirely for this (its the upper management who are to blame imo) he is an easy and unsympathetic target. Especially given his crude, anti Juventus past.

- - - Updated - - -

@lgorTudor has, so has @Wittl

Those posts have now been deleted by mods because of obvious reasons.
Lgortudor is a Pol edgelord, that's like his whole shtick. His posts are not representative of any anti-Sarri crowd.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
There have already been some changes implemented at Juve, our passing between the defence and midfield is quicker and more accurate than it was last season.

Last season, as soon as any team pressed us we shat the bed. This season we are better at playing through the press.
Yeah, maybe for the first month when everyone was still fresh and honeymooning. I see none of that since.

City were such a shitshow during Guardiolas first season there lol
Results-wise yes. In terms of actual style and the way they played you could immediately see what he was trying to do.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Well I can only speak for myself but I feel frustrated watching the club move backwards, especially during live games.

While I don't blame Sarri entirely for this (its the upper management who are to blame imo) he is an easy and unsympathetic target. Especially given his crude, anti Juventus past.

- - - Updated - - -

Lgortudor is a Pol edgelord, that's like his whole shtick. His posts are not representative of any anti-Sarri crowd.
You really think we've moved backwards compared to last season? Points wise we've made a damn near perfect start and we've seen multiple players getting their mojo back, I think theres plenty of reason to be optimistic going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Results-wise yes. In terms of actual style and the way they played you could immediately see what he was trying to do.
Lose games?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
You really think we've moved backwards compared to last season? Points wise we've made a damn near perfect start and we've seen multiple players getting their mojo back, I think theres plenty of reason to be optimistic going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Lose games?
True and Sarri deserves more time because of it but i think the concerns are valid when the performances are so poor at times. The final season under Allegri was unimpressive but we never looked as impotent at clueless as we have at times under Sarri. Not since pre-Conte have we seen the low lows.

as i said, to be fair, its also not all on Sarri. We've got a non functional midfield and 1 1/2 wingers. That is not Sarri's fault. That is the fault of upper management.

The lack of balance of this team is ridiculous for a club that claims to be targeting the CL. Maybe i am too harsh on Sarri because he is the head coach when really my beef is with Tootsie

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
That's not an opinion, it's a fact. Compared to this point last year we've regressed in every possible way.

Whether you're dumb or just playing it's not working.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Yeah, maybe for the first month when everyone was still fresh and honeymooning. I see none of that since.
Even during this slump, our passing is still faster and more accurate than it was last season.

Don’t believe me? Go and watch our away game to Lazio again (January 2019) and our home game against Ajax. We could not two meaningful few passes together if our life depended on it. They pressed us and we just fell apart. There were other examples of this last season, but those are the first that came to mind.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Even during this slump, our passing is still faster and more accurate than it was last season.

Don’t believe me? Go and watch our away game to Lazio again (January 2019) and our home game against Ajax. We could not two meaningful few passes together if our life depended on it. They pressed us and we just fell apart. There were other examples of this last season, but those are the first that came to mind.
Of course our game has improved from the latter half/ end of last season. We were a complete mess and it got Allegri sacked.

But I would suggest, improving on the most disastrous form of the Allegri era (alongside the first 10 games of 15-16) shouldn’t be the goal of a club with ambitions of European glory. We have less points, less goals, and look substantially worse on the field than the team did at the start of last season. Last season we followed up our impressive start with our attack turning to shit mid season but you think perhaps that might be in part due to Costa being injured/suspended/in awful form all year. Dybala being in shit form all year after Young Boys. Higuain being sold. An even worse midfield. Etc etc

I see excuses made this year like we have no midfield, even though it’s substantially better than last year (still not good enough). Costa is injured and we have no wingers, when he was injured most of last year too and so was Cuadrado (left off CL knockout lists because he was injured for the entire winter). Chiellini out injured, when he was injured for our most important CL matches last year too. If these weren’t acceptable excuses last year, I’m curious as to why they are this year?

I agree there is reason to be optimistic, as results-wise we have had a fantastic start, and I’m loving reborn and motivated Dybala and De Ligt was a monster signing... but there’s also reason for concern considering our overall anemic attack for the season thus far. Anyways, we’ll find out more about this team and its strength come February-March and the knockouts. I hope we make great strides by then, especially in attack.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
At this point last season we had already peaked (as hindsight tells us), but with Sarri I dont think thats the case. Keep your head up
Well, we'll see how Sarri does in the second half and then judge. For now I'm commenting on the current situation, not living in fantasy land until Sarri proves it like Allegri did in his first season.

Jun 6, 2015
Lol of course no one is actually posting "I hope we lose so I can rant about Sarri". But if you take a look at the live thread and Sarri thread during the matches when we're losing/drawing, some people definitely enjoy the chance to shiton our coach.
Go read the live threads when Allegri was still our coach. Sarri has it easy compared to that shit.

- - - Updated - - -

And we had an even better start last season domestically. Didn't see many people be optimistic back then, what has changed?

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Go read the live threads when Allegri was still our coach. Sarri has it easy compared to that shit.

- - - Updated - - -

And we had an even better start last season domestically. Didn't see many people be optimistic back then, what has changed?
I think most people was optimistic last year at this point. Best start to the season we ever had. Something changed after the ManU game at home, and we just got continusly worse after that point, with the exception of the Atletico home game offcourse.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Well, we'll see how Sarri does in the second half and then judge. For now I'm commenting on the current situation, not living in fantasy land until Sarri proves it like Allegri did in his first season.
Hes a new coach, he doesnt know the team inside out and the team doesnt know him or his system. Even more, our two most important players - Ronaldo and Chiellini - have been off form and injured respectively. Its not fantasy land to think things might improve as the season progresses.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
I think the main difference is that last year we played horrendous style-wise but Allegri openly said he didn't give a damn as long as we won. Right now we're playing horrendous style-wise but Sarri wants to change and has said that publicly. That intent to change is what gives fans hope.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
True and Sarri deserves more time because of it but i think the concerns are valid when the performances are so poor at times. The final season under Allegri was unimpressive but we never looked as impotent at clueless as we have at times under Sarri. Not since pre-Conte have we seen the low lows.

as i said, to be fair, its also not all on Sarri. We've got a non functional midfield and 1 1/2 wingers. That is not Sarri's fault. That is the fault of upper management.

The lack of balance of this team is ridiculous for a club that claims to be targeting the CL. Maybe i am too harsh on Sarri because he is the head coach when really my beef is with Tootsie
I love Allegri, but this was one of the worst games I've ever seen in my life. I originally thought this was last season, but it was two seasons ago.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/matchstats?gameId=491352

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I love Allegri, but this was one of the worst games I've ever seen in my life. I originally thought this was last season, but it was two seasons ago.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/matchstats?gameId=491352
True. That was a disgusting performance. The Coppa Italia game vs Atalanta was even worse. Also, they were many games under Allegri where we went to Genoa and got absolutely smashed (although we did get consolation goals on multiple occasions.)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
True. That was a disgusting performance. The Coppa Italia game vs Atalanta was even worse. Also, they were many games under Allegri where we went to Genoa and got absolutely smashed (although we did get consolation goals on multiple occasions.)
Those heavy first leg defeats in the Champions League as well, though we managed to turn a few around.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Those heavy first leg defeats in the Champions League as well, though we managed to turn a few around.
:agree: I love Allegri too, and admit that our play style has been very lackluster under Sarri for the most part, but to say that we didn’t have any performances under Allegri that were worse than this season is just pure nostalgia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 129)