Maurizio Sarri (156 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He won't go far away with his tactics and MF he has at his disposal.

This team badly need better MFs. It's so pathetic we haven't signed a single WC player in the center for the last 4 years.
While I agree with you... Weren’t you one of those saying our midfield was good enough the last two years? ;)

We definitely upgraded over that this summer, but didn’t really choose dependable upgrades. Ramsey is WC when he can actually stay fit, which is seemingly never. And Rabiot is an upgrade to Can and our other rotation options, but often has a piss poor attitude imo.

Jan 22, 2016
While I agree with you... Weren’t you one of those saying our midfield was good enough the last two years? ;)

We definitely upgraded over that this summer, but didn’t really choose dependable upgrades. Ramsey is WC when he can actually stay fit, which is seemingly never. And Rabiot is an upgrade to Can and our other rotation options, but often has a piss poor attitude imo.
I never said we had a good midfield, but i believed our midfield was capable of more than what we saw in last 2 year.

I think our sets of players in the Medfield are more suited for Allegri's tactics than Sarri's.and Allegri would get more out of these players we have in the midfield than Sarri.

Sarri dosent have his Hamsik and Allan here. And we are seeing the backlash of it.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I still don't hate the way we move as a team up and down the field. I think the spaces between our players in attack and defence are pretty good. We are countered way less than I thought, even with a 2 striker formation. The spaces are pretty compact.

I think we will have a tough time with crosses though. We shift aggressively to the strong side and leave the back post to the fullback since there are no wide midfielders to help. I mean, if the opponent puts 2 players there, one is going to be unmarked pretty easily I think.

I don't know what the best calculation is but we seem to be keeping the ball from dangerous areas in the centre of the pitch at the top of our box, since all 3 CMs are playing that area. But as I said, I don't like the situation at the back post.

I'm a little nervous about that as the opponents get tougher. Because they will have more of the ball and more opportunity to cross.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 153)